THE BROWNS BOARD

Sooo.... Derek Anderson?

Harry Buffalo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't have to agree with it, but Anderson is garbage. And this is coming from the guy who was on the And-wagon. We've seen all we're going to see out of him and there's a guy on the roster with the exact same attributes but a higher ceiling. If you can't see that, you're blind, stubborn, or stupid.

Actually...I agree. He's garbage for the most part....but still more experienced and better tools fit for the offense than colt. DA at least has had success in this offense.

I have no concern for his ill-advised comments after another epic showing of classlessness from the fan base. Could care less. Yet, that's the source of disdain from most.

Actually...I agree. He's garbage for the most part....but still more experienced and better tools fit for the offense than colt. DA at least has had success in this offense.

I have no concern for his ill-advised comments after another epic showing of classlessness from the fan base. Could care less. Yet, that's the source of disdain from most.

I thought you were arguing for Anderson to supplant Weeden as the starting QB.

I can see Anderson in a backup role, but even then I highly doubt he'll return to Cleveland. It just wouldn't be wise for all parties involved.

And, you guys are idiots for arguing with him. Whether its DieHard, TCPO, Choco, Z, or whoever, this douche bag is just here to troll.

Leave it alone, we all know DA is a worthless QB and a short-tempered village idiot, much like Lumbergh.

Well, isn't it DA himself that said "Cleveland fans don't deserve a winner"?

Well, perhaps he was merely being prophetic. If the Browns bring him back we won't have a winner..and he can be happy about it.

(Just pointing out the irony of it all)

What I remember most about DA is incomplete passes to the RB in the flat, overthrowing WRs by a mile on simple short routes, and interceptions. Just because the guy can hurl the pigskin a quarter mile like Uncle Rico, does not mean that he is a NFL caliber quarterback.

wow. sounds a lot like weeden to me.

yeah many a QB since coming back in '99 have hated on the browns fans at the games....for good reason.

tim couch probably woulda been a pro bowl QB if not getting drafted by the browns yet with no OL, RBs or WRs the fans cheered him when down and hurt. same with DA.

laugh all you want and cheer when they're down....i guarantee half of you here will be doing the same in 1-2 years with weeden....if you haven't driven him out of town by then.

wow. sounds a lot like weeden to me.

yeah many a QB since coming back in '99 have hated on the browns fans at the games....for good reason.

tim couch probably woulda been a pro bowl QB if not getting drafted by the browns yet with no OL, RBs or WRs the fans cheered him when down and hurt. same with DA.

laugh all you want and cheer when they're down....i guarantee half of you here will be doing the same in 1-2 years with weeden....if you haven't driven him out of town by then.

Tell you one thing Mik- Weeden has already shown more ability to put touch on his passes than DA ever did. Do I have my doubts Weeden is the real deal? Sure. We've seen what Russell Wilson did. Let's see what BW III can do with a real coach and offense that isn't Pop Warner first before we shit-can him.

Dan is right- Anderson's swing passes to his backs looked like they were shot out of a cannon, ZERO touch. Behind, ahead, 5' over the guys head. I've said it before in this thread in addition to that flaw, The guy couldn't effectively check down to save his life. LOL, teams dare McCoy to beat them deep. Teams dared Anderson to beat them with short stuff, once defenses learned to take away his deep routes Derek stunk.

Lets see first Banner tells Colt that hes in the next coaches plans..... that doesn't sound like a ring endorsement for Weeden.

It was reported the Chip Kelly doesn't even see his QB on our roster....didn't weeden run a spread offense in college?

Chud when ask about Weeden didn't say anything along the line of I am looking forward to working with the 2nd year QB, instead he says no comment.

and out of the blue Derek tweets about coming back to Cleveland.

If D.A. is coming back it doesn't seem to me its as a back up.

Lets see first Banner tells Colt that hes in the next coaches plans..... that doesn't sound like a ring endorsement for Weeden.

It was reported the Chip Kelly doesn't even see his QB on our roster....didn't weeden run a spread offense in college?

Chud when ask about Weeden didn't say anything along the line of I am looking forward to working with the 2nd year QB, instead he says no comment.

Richiswhere is smart

Right, not the backup. More like 3rd string.

Very interesting now that Turner's hiring is official... Anyone remember the 2008 AFC Pro Bowl coach commenting on how well DA already understood the offense and how much potential he had? I think he even had DA helping the other QBs with the offense the week leading into the game. That was Turner.

Very interesting now that Turner's hiring is official... Anyone remember the 2008 AFC Pro Bowl coach commenting on how well DA already understood the offense and how much potential he had? I think he even had DA helping the other QBs with the offense the week leading into the game. That was Turner.

That may have been true but then the game started and he played more like Harry Anderson.

I never jeered him. Or cheered when he got injured. I'd take him back, but he would have to legitimately beat out our Franchise QB(McCoy) in a deliberate QB Competition... I don't know if he'd be up for another one of those.

And believe me, Weeden WILL have to beat out McCoy next season which he really didn't have to this year. Weeden was handed the job over Colt to try and save jobs. The next Coach will put out the Best QB. We will see then, I can't wait. If Weeden does it again and it's earned, good for him and Colt will be a backup to me... but the way that went down left a bad taste in my mouth. Colt would have gotten us into the playoffs. With all the times Weeden shit the bed and we were still just two or three games out of the playoffs like we were. If you don't know... now you know.

I never jeered him. Or cheered when he got injured. I'd take him back, but he would have to legitimately beat out our Franchise QB(McCoy) in a deliberate QB Competition... I don't know if he'd be up for another one of those.

And believe me, Weeden WILL have to beat out McCoy next season which he really didn't have to this year. Weeden was handed the job over Colt to try and save jobs. The next Coach will put out the Best QB. We will see then, I can't wait. If Weeden does it again and it's earned, good for him and Colt will be a backup to me... but the way that went down left a bad taste in my mouth. Colt would have gotten us into the playoffs. With all the times Weeden shit the bed and we were still just two or three games out of the playoffs like we were. If you don't know... now you know.

Dude...give it up on McCoy. He's not in the plans of the Browns now with the new coaching staff. Whether or not he got a fair try to be the starter last year is irrelevant going forward this year. Colt doesn't have the arm to throw the ball downfield in the Chud style of offense. Hes going to be the backup in Green Bay next year would be my guess or some other team that is running a version of the WCO.

Any team that is trying to throw the ball downfield and stretch the field is just not a fit for Colt McCoy.

FWIW, i really liked DA up untill the Cincinnati game late in 07. I was at that game and i remember the sickening feeling i had watching DA single handedly giving that game (and essentially our playoff spot) away.

I really like the move to make Chud our HC, but if he has serious plans to bring back DA to be our starter, i think the doubt will start to creep in as to whether or not Chud will be the guy to get us to where we all wanna go. I really want to believe that THIS TIME everything will fall into place and we all get to be the happiest motherfuckers on the planet earth. Bottom line though, I absolutely think Chud can and will do it, question is will he have more than 2 or 3 years to do it? Wishful thinking, and lots of praying.

The Derek Anderson story made it into NFL programming on ESPN this week. Derek Anderson, really? To me it seems like "the same old Browns." It's time to move on, it's just sad that your new coach wants this retread QB. You invested alot in Weeden, you have to roll with Weeden for the next year or two. (Though I think Holmgren wasted that first round pick and over-reached for Weeden). If your going to bring a QB to push/mentor Weeden, Anderson is just not the guy. I guess any hopes of renewing our rivalry (with Pittsburgh/Cleveland vying for the division title) will be delayed until your next head-coaching selection in 2-3 years. Sigh.

At the pro bowl practices in 2008, Norv Turner raved about Anderson. Called him a "rare talent". Interesting...

At the pro bowl practices in 2008, Norv Turner raved about Anderson. Called him a "rare talent". Interesting...

And then he unfortunately had to watch him play during the game and see him winging fastballs into the stands and at the feet of his receivers.

So, we can have Derek Anderson, Jamarcus Russell, and Colt McCoy vying for the QB job with Weeden. Anyone else?

When does Ryan Leaf get out of prison?

I would really like to see the Browns develop Thad Lewis. He has an arm and quickness....hes as good as any QB then we have on our team.

Thad Lewis is nothing more than a would be journeyman back up....Nothing more.

Archived