THE BROWNS BOARD

Sooo.... Derek Anderson?

Harry Buffalo

For the 2,435th time ... I'm not Lumbergh. Stan's not Lumbergh. Ghoolie's not Lumbergh.

Lumbergh is Lumbergh.

Zombo

^+1 Neither am I. Hell, we've even tracked his IP address down to make sure.

This has been well documented guys, I've even PMed the guy. As an Oregon State alum I'd hope he'd be following the fortunes of Jacquizz Rodgers in Atlanta, instead of stirring up the pot here. :)

To quote Luke Skywalker, "I've never seen such devotion in a 'Droid."

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met Hank Fraley at a undisclosed "club"on Brook Park road. We bought him and his buddies a round and they returned the favor. Us being younger at the time (21) they ended coming over to talk. After about an hour they offered for us to join them to go to another club downtown, limo showed up and we head downtown. We get there and they roll down the window and DA sticks his head in and says "Who the fuck are these guys?" We go in and they buy us dances and drinks even saw Jhonny Peralta while there.

Eventually they ended up leaving without telling us so we were stuck downtown, my buddy pissed on DA's Range Rover because of it. It was a good night though so he's ok in my book but still a shit QB.

I will only say this about DA:

He failed for a reason, nearly all of his own making. He had a hell of a strong arm, but he had no touch on the ball. He was totally inaccurate at throwing the short passes that a high school QB could hit. And he couldn't read a defense.

By his performance he literally begged the Browns hierarchy to go after another QB, and that is why they made the trade to get BQ.

If DA had done what he needed to do to grab a hold of the QB job on this team, no Browns fan would have had a problem.

But he didn't. And that is his bad.

So, if he is brought in here...to be the #3 QB after Weeden and/or whomever they decide to keep or draft or pick up as a FA, so be it.

By his performance he literally begged the Browns hierarchy to go after another QB, and that is why they made the trade to get BQ.

Quinn's rookie year was actually 07, when DA had his big year.

Which makes me wonder, if BQ had been the starter day1 in that Offense and had similar success, would that have been enough of a catalyst for Quinn to have had a successful NFL career and still be playing for us.

Quinn was drafted when Charlie Frye was the starter.

I guess, sorta. Or maybe not. In 2006 Charlie Frye did start 13 games, and DA started 3.

So both were on the roster starting games that year.

Needless to say, there was not enough confidence in either of those two to deter the Browns from making a major trade to move into the first round to take BQ.

In 2007, with both DA and BQ at backup, the team started Charlie Frye for one game, then immediately traded him.

DA then started all 15 games after that....and did well, going 10-5 in his starts....and Browns fans thought we had something. BQ only appeared in one game all that year.

But, in 2008, DA started the first 9 games....and was replaced by BQ because of his poor performance (or was it injury?)

BQ started 3 games...and was hurt.

Then Ken Dorsey started 3 games...and was hurt.

The Bruce Gradkowski starte 1 game.

In 2009 with Mangini as coach, BQ started 9 games and DA 7.

And Mangini/Holmgren said that they had seen enough of that act and at the start of 2010 all four of them were ejected, and we got Jake Delhomme and Colt McCoy in their place.

The point being: neither DA nor BQ were adequate starting QBs in the NFL in the opinions of Holmgren/Mangini et al.

DA got another chance in AZ, and blew it. BQ got a chance in Denver but lost to Tim Tebow of all people, and has had a cup of coffee now in KC, and will likely be replaced.

And I think, unless Chud brings back DA here, I don't know if he will be given another opportunity to play NFL football.

Hello UFL/Arena League.

But, in 2008, DA started the first 9 games....and was replaced by BQ because of his poor performance (or was it injury?)

Here's a history lesson. DA was replaced after 8 games in 2008. The Browns had started 0-3 after injuries to Edwards (missed all of preseason after Stallworth stepped on his foot in practice), Anderson (concussion, missed 2 preseason games) and Stallworth (quad injury in warm ups in regular season opener). Then they went 3-1 (including crushing the undefeated Giants on Monday Night Football 35-14), then lost to the Ravens at home (when Braylon had a game clinching 60 yard bomb touchdown go through his hands). Browns were 3-5 and the next day Randy Lerner ordered Romeo to start Quinn. The Browns lost all the rest of their games except for 1 vs the Bills when the Bills kicker missed a FG at the horn. After the season Lerner fired everybody and the Browns haven't been good since.

Here's a history lesson. DA was replaced after 8 games in 2008. The Browns had started 0-3 after injuries to Edwards (missed all of preseason after Stallworth stepped on his foot in practice), Anderson (concussion, missed 2 preseason games) and Stallworth (quad injury in warm ups in regular season opener). Then they went 3-1 (including crushing the undefeated Giants on Monday Night Football 35-14), then lost to the Ravens at home (when Braylon had a game clinching 60 yard bomb touchdown go through his hands). Browns were 3-5 and the next day Randy Lerner ordered Romeo to start Quinn. The Browns lost all the rest of their games except for 1 vs the Bills when the Bills kicker missed a FG at the horn. After the season Lerner fired everybody and the Browns haven't been good since.

Good story. Here's another one.

52.8% completion 53 TD 55 INT and a rating of 64.02.

Nice and funny to bring back the DA controversy. But bottom line is he is not coming back. Guarantee it.

But why does Diehard put a guarantee on this?

Because he knows all he sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me. Anderson is the 2013 starter.

Well, there is more to it than that. I don't know if RL ordered that BQ start. For whatever reason he did start, I know partly because DA was stinking it up, but then BQ got hurt....and didn't DA go back in, and immediately get hurt himself?

I know that we never would have been starting the likes of Ken Dorsey and Gradkowski if DA weren't healthy.

But why does Diehard put a guarantee on this?

Because he knows all he sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me. Anderson is the 2013 starter.

He won't be the starter....but I would say that there is a slim chance of him being given a chance here for a roster spot, seeing that for the past 2 years he has been with Chud in Carolina.

Since you seem to be the expert on him...what is his contract status with them?

I mean, he has been with them for 2 full years and threw all of 4 passes in that time.

Maybe guarantee wasn't the correct word, lets say I highly doubt it. In my opinion. I liked Anderson in 2007, but he was inconsistent. Strong Arm, inaccurate passer. Not mobile. Didn't appear very bright. If he does come here it will not be well received in Cleveland, bringing in a retread from years back would seem like a really stupid move.

Good story. Here's another one.

52.8% completion 53 TD 55 INT and a rating of 64.02.

And? Stats are like bikinis....

Still better than anyone else we've had...which also doesnt matter.

Hes got problems....like every other QB. What would you suggest? Keep that guy that tosses wobblers and worm burners? Some success >> no success.

Future timeline:

Free agent on March 12, 2013.

Browns 1st string QB on March 13, 2013.

If you are the DA lover that many here say you are....I think you will have to be satisfied with the possibility that he may be given a chance here.

Hell, at best Chud would make the QB position an open competition because BW3 has certain similarities with DA.

But he has similarities with the likes of Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and Tom Brady, who are all still in the playoffs.

But sorry, DA has a record of failure where those guys succeed. The question is whether or not BW3 would turn into one of those types...or into a DA. If that is the case we would have 2 DAs.

.....and I would rather have none than 2.

Maybe Chud will look rather for his next Cam Newton...someone that CAN run the spread option.

A lot of teams are going that route: Newton, RGIII, Russel Wilson, Colin Kaepernick...

Terrelle Pryor may be given a shot with the Raiders...

KC may draft Geno Smith and do the same...

Alex Smith...who is potentially capable of that...will likely land somewhere like Arizona...

Michael Vick may also be a candidate in one of those spots or elsewhere...

and others.

If you are the DA lover that many here say you are....I think you will have to be satisfied with the possibility that he may be given a chance here.

Hell, at best Chud would make the QB position an open competition because BW3 has certain similarities with DA.

But he has similarities with the likes of Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and Tom Brady, who are all still in the playoffs.

But sorry, DA has a record of failure where those guys succeed. The question is whether or not BW3 would turn into one of those types...or into a DA. If that is the case we would have 2 DAs.

.....and I would rather have none than 2.

Maybe Chud will look rather for his next Cam Newton...someone that CAN run the spread option.

A lot of teams are going that route: Newton, RGIII, Russel Wilson, Colin Kaepernick...

Terrelle Pryor may be given a shot with the Raiders...

KC may draft Geno Smith and do the same...

Alex Smith...who is potentially capable of that...will likely land somewhere like Arizona...

Michael Vick may also be a candidate in one of those spots or elsewhere...

and others.

You're just dreaming up BS scenarios. Chud ain't getting a spread option QB. He ain't getting Alex Smith. Take a step back and look at it objectively...why in the hell would Chud start Brandon Weeden over Derek Anderson?

And think about this...why would Derek Anderson come to Cleveland to back up Brandon Weeden when he could simply spend the rest of his career at Club Med in Charlotte holding a clip board for Cam Newton making $1 million per year in a place where the fans like him?

Here's the latest info...

"Anderson, through a source, has said he puts his chances of coming back to Cleveland at about 80 percent right now. The quarterback still owns a house on the west side and at 29 years old is ironically the same age as Browns rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden. Anderson feels he could compete for a starting job and at the least help Weeden learn Chudzinski's offense."

You're just dreaming up BS scenarios. Chud ain't getting a spread option QB. He ain't getting Alex Smith.

Yes, I am dreaming up possibilities. That is what we do here. It is called discussion. It is called fun.

Take a step back and look at it objectively...why in the hell would Chud start Brandon Weeden over Derek Anderson?

Are all your questions this easy: because he would believe BW3 is better, that's why.

And think about this...why would Derek Anderson come to Cleveland to back up Brandon Weeden when he could simply spend the rest of his career at Club Med in Charlotte holding a clip board for Cam Newton making $1 million per year in a place where the fans like him?

Very good point. I can't disagree with that...except you have forgotten one factor: without Chud there as his champion, Ron Rivera might just be willing to say Sayonara to DA as his backup. There goes his million bucks and his Club Med. Such is thing is possible, plausible,maybe even probable.

Here's the latest info...

"Anderson, through a source, has said he puts his chances of coming back to Cleveland at about 80 percent right now. The quarterback still owns a house on the west side and at 29 years old is ironically the same age as Browns rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden. Anderson feels he could compete for a starting job and at the least help Weeden learn Chudzinski's offense."

Fair enough. It is all fine and well to know what DA is thinking. The question is: what is Chud thinking?

And if you think that DA has it so great in Carolina...and if Rivera is willing to keep him on there, then why would DA say his chances are 80% to come to Cleveland?

Maybe things aren't so hunky dory for him down there if his chances of coming here are 80%.

Lumbergh !

Glad you are back, you are hilarious if people would just realize that you are satire and stop taking you seriously (sort of like vagitron).

I would pay this board money to see you and Ghoolie duke it out in a few threads.

Anyways, if DA comes back here to start, then our season is fucked. Chud, being a smart coach, won't base his head coaching career on DA. Period. If anything at all, DA will come here to teach a good quarterback how to play in Chud and Norvs offense.

Another factor to consider:

Chudinski isn't necessarily going to have the say so over the composition of his own roster.

Right now, Joe Banner has the primary say there. And whomever they bring in to be Personnel Director will have his/her(?) say. And maybe they will all have different ideas on what direction the QB position will take with this team.

Right now it looks good for BW3....and maybe even DA, because those are the types of QBs it seems he wants to employ. But there is no guarantee.

Maybe he has become enamored with the capabilities of Cam Newton and his running abilities and will want to duplicate that here.

Maybe Michael Vick WILL BE an option for him.

Bullshit scenario? Somewhat. But not beyond the realm of possibility.

Very good point. I can't disagree with that...except you have forgotten one factor: without Chud there as his champion, Ron Rivera might just be willing to say Sayonara to DA as his backup. There goes his million bucks and his Club Med. Such is thing is possible, plausible,maybe even probable.

Yeah maybe Carolina takes somebody like Matt Moore over DA. But probably not, and Moore will probably get a chance to start somewhere anyway. Profootballfocus.com has DA as the #3 free agent QB after Joe Flacco and Matt Moore.

And here's a Carolina thread on DA heading to Cleveland. http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/82889-derek-anderson-wants-to-go-back-to-cleveland/

Funny. I wonder how many times they can make fun of Weeden's age? That joke got old in April when we drafted him. I guess not every team is lucky enough to suck so bad they can get the #1 overall pick to get Cam Newton.

And? Stats are like bikinis....

Still better than anyone else we've had...which also doesnt matter.

Hes got problems....like every other QB. What would you suggest? Keep that guy that tosses wobblers and worm burners? Some success >> no success.

So you'd rather sign a 30 year old big-armed, questionably intelligent, immobile QB who's had 8 years in the league to prove his worth than keep the 30 year old big-armed, questionably intelligent, immobile QB who's had one year in the league to prove his worth.

Forget the fact that it would be a PR disaster, forget that he probably wouldn't want to come back, forget that it would cost the team more money that they won't want to spend. Let's bring DA back because you wanted us to get RG3 and we didn't and you don't like Weeden boo boo hee boo.

You don't have to agree with it, but Anderson is garbage. And this is coming from the guy who was on the And-wagon. We've seen all we're going to see out of him and there's a guy on the roster with the exact same attributes but a higher ceiling. If you can't see that, you're blind, stubborn, or stupid.

Archived