THE BROWNS BOARD

With The Browns Switching To A 3-4

bigbaddawgjr

We will probably look like this:

3 lineman : LE-Rubin, NT-Taylor, RE-Winn

4 LB's: LOLB-Gucong, LILB-Jackson, RILB-Johnson, ROLB-Sheard

2 CB's: Hayden, ???

2 S's: TJ Ward, ???

So yes we need more linebackers, but the top priority should be CB and Safety. In the draft they said ton's of good safety's out there, but only one good CB. But the CB will probably not

be there at pick 6. So who do you like out of FA for these questionable positions.

My thought CB-Carmartie from philly. I think he fills the need sign him for like 4-5 years and sign sheldon back for nickel CB. But Sheldon needs to take less money than what he got last.

S- I hear a lot of names , but nobody sticks out too me like the old Eric Turner type safety. I really wish we can find someone to his caliber.

We will probably look like this:

3 lineman : LE-Rubin, NT-Taylor, RE-Winn

4 LB's: LOLB-Gucong, LILB-Jackson, RILB-Johnson, ROLB-Sheard

2 CB's: Hayden, ???

2 S's: TJ Ward, ???

So yes we need more linebackers, but the top priority should be CB and Safety. In the draft they said ton's of good safety's out there, but only one good CB. But the CB will probably not

be there at pick 6. So who do you like out of FA for these questionable positions.

My thought CB-Carmartie from philly. I think he fills the need sign him for like 4-5 years and sign sheldon back for nickel CB. But Sheldon needs to take less money than what he got last.

S- I hear a lot of names , but nobody sticks out too me like the old Eric Turner type safety. I really wish we can find someone to his caliber.

Any number of mock drafts say that Milliner, the CB from Alabama, will be there at 6. So he may yet be a choice. There are no safeties rated worth the 6th pick. So, it could be Milliner or any one of several OLB/DE types.

Milliner more than likely won't be the pick since he is going under to get a torn shoulder ligament fixed. I don't know who we will take, but looking more into it I keep thinking this dude from BYU, for the simple fact that they are saying he has the athleticism to play 3-4 OLB now and if that doesn't work out he has the frame to put on another 20 pounds and play 3-4 DE, so regardless we make a pick that fills a need. I also think that Gocong has the ability to play 3-4 OLB instead of the ILB he used to play in the 3-4. People forget that he played DE in college.

Ansah is good, but I don't think he will climb that high. Still think we're looking at Jones if we don't trade

Jones all depends on if doctors give medical clearance for his back. If he gets it, I feel strongly he won't even make it till 6. If he doesn't, he'll have a da'quan bowers esque fall into the 2nd round. Most mocks have him as the best defensive prospect in the draft.

Don't be surprised if we take Te'o. Just saying...might be one of those dudes Horton is looking for. Don't know how he'll work out in the long run but wouldn't surprise me if we do take him. Personally I think that if he doesn't fall into the media trap and focuses on football he's going to be a good linebacker. It all depends on how he deals with the self inflicted wound of the media.

The pick will be Ansah/BYU or Moore/TA&M or Werner/FSU. Even if Jones is there, I hope we pass on him.

Now that Sheldon's been released, that 3rd rounder needs to be CB. And that 4th round needs to be another OLB/DE hybrid.

DRC is good, but Philly won't let him go since they might be releasing Nnamdi.

Note that the WR Wilson from Washington State isn't listed anywhere near the top of his class -- I'd take him over any D player if he happens to slip to rounds 3,4.

Archived