THE BROWNS BOARD

Desmond Bryant

b86b

no fucking way.

what we add to subtract?

dumbest thing i've seen you post in a long time. you keep everybody.

now the light is getting a little more precise on how we draft next month.

Sorry mik, you're stupid if you think the FO isn't even going to consider trading one of them. Like I said in a later post, I think we should stick with the depth we have, but you're telling me they aren't going to entertain trade offers? Riiiight.

Kindly, take the stick out of your ass and open your eyes the next time you read and respond to something I post.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry mik, you're stupid if you think the FO isn't even going to consider trading one of them. Like I said in a later post, I think we should stick with the depth we have, but you're telling me they aren't going to entertain trade offers? Riiiight.

Take the stick out of your ass and open your eyes the next time you read and respond to something I post.

No, you're living in fantasy land. Just because "we're offering" doesn't mean that offer is going to be good.

Of course every player is always available to be traded. McCoy has been made available for the past 18 months, and the FO has received exactly zero offers for him.

I would never trade Rubin for a sixth or seventh round pick.. and that's as high of an offer as we are going to receive.

Not true.

He had the fourth most QB pressures of all DT's in the NFL last season. He only started 8 games, meaning that he was just a substitute for the other 8, limiting his opportunities.. and yet he still produced.

Could it be he was richard seymore's back up? That could be the reason for the lack of starts, Idk.

No, you're living in fantasy land. Just because "we're offering" doesn't mean that offer is going to be good.

Of course every player is always available to be traded. McCoy has been made available for the past 18 months, and the FO has received exactly zero offers for him.

I would never trade Rubin for a sixth or seventh round pick.. and that's as high of an offer as we are going to receive.

No, this isn't fantasy land at all. The front office is going to entertain trade offers. Rubin is one of the league's top defensive linemen and he's only 26. He demands at least a 2nd or 3rd rounder and change.

Still don't know why people want to trade starters.

We just filled a hole, now they want to create one?

Zombo

If it means getting a second round pick out of it, then yes.

There are many offensive players predicted to go in the second that can really help our team.

But really I'm just thinking about EJ Manuel.

If it means getting a second round pick out of it, then yes.

There are many offensive players predicted to go in the second that can really help our team.

But really I'm just thinking about EJ Manuel.

I guess I'm seeing Bryant, Rubin and Taylor all starting with Winn and Hughes rotating in as depth.

If we trade one of those guys, we've created a weakness.

That article suggests the Browns see all three as interior linemen, I don't think that's how the Browns see it.

Zombo

I guess I'm seeing Bryant, Rubin and Taylor all starting with Winn and Hughes rotating in as depth.

That article suggests the Browns see all three as interior linemen, I don't think that's how the Browns see it.

Zombo

The reports are sounding like he was brought in to be a 5tech D.E. not play nose tackle.

Zombo

I see Bryant,Winn and Rubin starting.

Winn was a highly rated 3-4 DE prospect drafted by a 4-3 team. He'll do well in the 3-4 and will eventually be our starter if not starting by week 1.

While I am an advocate of building in the trenches, if trading one of our now 5 DL can move us into the second, I would do it in a heartbeat.

The reports are sounding like he was brought in to be a 5tech D.E. not play nose tackle.

Exactly.

So please, let's not trade Rubin or Taylor.

Our DL could be a real strength, and these big bodies will get Kruger, Sheard et al a lot of sacks.

Zombo

I see Bryant,Winn and Rubin starting.

Winn was a highly rated 3-4 DE prospect drafted by a 4-3 team. He'll do well in the 3-4 and will eventually be our starter if not starting by week 1.

While I am an advocate of building in the trenches, if trading one of our now 5 DL can move us into the second, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Phil Taylor is a beast. No way he is not on our line next year.

Zombo

Ok, 6th round draft pick Billy Winn, 6'4 295 lbs with 26 career tackles is going to be a starting 3-4 defensive end for us and we are going to trade a proven commodity like Rubin to open up a spot for him.

Zombo

Ok, 6th round draft pick Billy Winn, 6'4 295 lbs with 26 career tackles is going to be a starting 3-4 defensive end for us and we are going to trade a proven commodity like Rubin to open up a spot for him.

Zombo

We might. His numbers aren't bad for the time that he saw and considering the fact that Taylor and Rubin were ahead of him on the depth chart. Both he and Hughes, imo have the potential to be starter quality players, and they will be if they keep playing as well as they did this year. If we do happen to retain everyone, I think we're going to have to trade one of them away in the future before they walk to start somewhere else.

Again, I'm not saying we should do it. I'd much rather us keep this talent and just wear down opposing O-lines. Regardless, the Browns are going to listen to whatever offers they might get (and I guarantee that someone will be showing interest in at least one of these guys).

Zombo

It's things like this that make you realized how stupid some of the people on this board are. Everyone thinks every years 7th round pick is going to be the next HoFer.

Taylor, Rubin, Bryant, Winn, Hughes... That's a lot of talent for our front 3. Word is Rubin may be expendable now, but I disagree, even if we draft a true 3-4 DE. These 5 guys make up an excellent DL rotation for a 3-4, in my opinion. Plus, Kruger and/or Sheard moves up to DE at times. Pretty vicious... on paper

Let's see what else happens... desperately NEED at least one quality CB

I don't see where having 5 guys in a rotation for 3 positions is an "overabundance" of talent. In fact, I still see Sheard at DE, even in the 3-4. That would make 6 players in that rotation. Keep them fresh, keep them nasty.

At LB now we have DQ, Kruger, Groves, Gocong, Fort, Acho, Robertson, JMJ,..and I suppose I am missing someone. That is also a decent rotation of 8 players for the 4 LB spots.

That makes 14 potential players for the defensive front 7 spot. Is that about right for an NFL roster?

Zombo

I agree with Zombo. Why fill a hole then just open a new one. Why turn a strength into a potential weakness.

Give me that 5-6 man rotation and let them play fresh and play mean.

I don't see where having 5 guys in a rotation for 3 positions is an "overabundance" of talent. In fact, I still see Sheard at DE, even in the 3-4. That would make 6 players in that rotation. Keep them fresh, keep them nasty.

At LB now we have DQ, Kruger, Groves, Gocong, Fort, Acho, Robertson, JMJ,..and I suppose I am missing someone. That is also a decent rotation of 8 players for the 4 LB spots.

That makes 14 potential players for the defensive front 7 spot. Is that about right for an NFL roster?

How do you see the 250 lb Sheard at DE while the 280 lb Kruger is at OLB? I think both of these players will be moved back and forth between DE and OLB, but their position the majority of the time will be OLB.

How do you see the 250 lb Sheard at DE while the 280 lb Kruger is at OLB? I think both of these players will be moved back and forth between DE and OLB, but their position the majority of the time will be OLB.

Maybe. All I know is that heretofore Sheard has been a DE. He doesn't seem like a LB to me.

So, as far as I am concerned, these guys are all interchangeable somewhat.

I agree with Zombo. Why fill a hole then just open a new one. Why turn a strength into a potential weakness.

Give me that 5-6 man rotation and let them play fresh and play mean.

Because Lombardi might think there's a more valuable prospect in the 2nd round. What we lose in depth might be outweighed by an impact starter elsewhere. No one other than TCPO is suggesting this is what we do; I'm simply stating it as a possibility.

Most teams don't employ a backup for every DL position in order to free up a roster spot. That's where utility players come in handy.Same goes for offensive linemen.

I'm not asking that we do that, but it would make sense. Name any other 3-4 team that's been this deep at DL with solid quality players. It's a waste of talent to a certain extent.

If we could turn Rubin into a good player at another position of need as well as a depth player, it makes sense. You bolster your roster with talent any way you can.

He'd be more valuable to us as a rookie OG that plays every snap than as a 28 year old DT that plays 60-75% of the snaps.

Most teams don't employ a backup for every DL position in order to free up a roster spot. That's where utility players come in handy.Same goes for offensive linemen.

I'm not asking that we do that, but it would make sense. Name any other 3-4 team that's been this deep at DL with solid quality players. It's a waste of talent to a certain extent.

If we could turn Rubin into a good player at another position of need as well as a depth player, it makes sense. You bolster your roster with talent any way you can.

He'd be more valuable to us as a rookie OG that plays every snap than as a 28 year old DT that plays 60-75% of the snaps.

If you are saying that Phil Taylor does not fit as a 3-4 end and that him and Rubin and Hughes are going to play the same position, then what you say makes sense.

But I think you have an over-inflated opinion of 6th rounder Winn as a starting 3-4 end.

Zombo

Yeah, guys don't realize on a lot of plays a 3-4 is in actuality a 5-2 defense.

You make a good point Im having trouble finding his strong suit right now.

"Will" is out to slow

"Sam" Im not sure how he will do covering TE's??

He's plenty fast and athletic, he had plenty of teams looking at him as a 3-4 OLB in the draft. What I AM saying is that he WILL NOT play 3-4 DE. I'm not saying he will or will not make the transition to 3-4 OLB, but I am saying they will try before ever trying to trade/release him. I don't feel Groves will come in and upseat him as a starter, I'll say that much in certainty.

And you're thinking injuries don't happen either. Taylor was out 1\2 the season last year, remember? So who plays nose in that case? Rubin. Cripe, we finally have quality depth at a position, and you guys want to trade it away.

Incidentally with all these defensive pickups, it wouldn't be out of the question to draft Warmack with our #1, assuming there isn't a CB there we don't love.

I don't mind the move if they plan to keep everyone but if they end up trading Taylor or Rubin , which is a possibility then I'd be disappointed.

Still think they overpaid, he's a 2013 Frosty Rucker with more promising numbers for half a season.

Like the size could see him at left end,Rubin on the nose Taylor at DT.. Winn and Hughes rotating.

Wasn't expecting a DL but hopefully it's one of our strengths again next season.

Archived