THE BROWNS BOARD

Desmond Bryant

b86b

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This DL/LB-focused strategy in FA makes perfect sense.

How?

1) The dynamic Horton scheme necessitates LB and DE who can swap to the other position on any given down. It also requires depth in each position, as you are constantly having to adapt and move differently based on your formational position.

2) We play in the AFC North. This isn't a division of pussy-domes and seventy degree weather. If we can dominate the line and the box, even an average secondary will allow this defense to take us places

3) Yes, help is needed at CB. But, CB is an area that very easily addressed in the draft.

Great news from Banner

Chief executive officer Joe Banner dismissed rumblings that the Browns are interested in trading defensive linemen Phil Taylor or Ahtyba Rubin. There was speculation they could be involved in a deal for Patriots backup Ryan Mallett. “Our purpose has been to put together a really strong unit, have some depth so we can rotate and so if we have any injuries the line will still be one of the primary assets of the team," Banner said, via The Akron Beacon Journal. "That’s what we feel like we’re achieving. We’re not looking to be trading anybody.”

Has anyone found any good tape/videos of Bryant on the field? I haven't been able to find much at all and would love to get a first hand look at him. Thanks!

Your best bet is going to be watching Oakland team highlight tapes and finding plays he is in. Otherwise your just going to be finding a lot of Dez Bryant videos.

I might look into making a highlight tape for our new FA today and tomorrow, kind of bored right now. I'll get back to you if I end up taking the time to do it.

Your best bet is going to be watching Oakland team highlight tapes and finding plays he is in. Otherwise your just going to be finding a lot of Dez Bryant videos.

I might look into making a highlight tape for our new FA today and tomorrow, kind of bored right now. I'll get back to you if I end up taking the time to do it.

That would be really awesome.

Archived