THE BROWNS BOARD

The One Player You Want

A lot of speculation in who we will take in the draft. I wanted to make a thread Pryor wish lists. Who is the one player you want more than anything in this draft? If you could take ANYONE who do you want? No draft order, no trading. Pick the one person in this draft you want the most.

For me, it's Ziggy Ansah. I know he's a project and is somewhat of a question mark but I still think we need an every down pass rusher. The addition of Kruger is nice and I like Sheard, but I still have my questions about their abilities rushing the QB. I know that a popular pick will be Milliner and I won't be mad if they take him over Ansah, but I think we can still get a number 2 CB in free agency.

The NFL is about two things: keeping your QB up and knocking the other QB down. Rogers, Brady, Manning and Big Ben can all wait for a receiver to get open if there is no pass rush. Two lockdown corners can't cover all 5 receivers at the same time. We need to get at the QB. In my opinion it's still the number one need.

Austin - the one player the Browns could draft that would immediately scare the crap out of every other team in their division.

You win with QB's in this league. After what we all saw last year I have serious doubts that Weeden can do it. And Campbell....next.

The BEST QB in the draft. I don't know which one he is but the Browns get paid to know that! I guarantee there is at LEAST one better than Weeden.

Oh and I hope he is GAY so I can read more posts about how you all feel about the issue. :lol:

Yes explosive but he's literally the same speed and a little bit shorter then T Benjamin, who usage was very conservative in the first place. We have bigger needs

True. But the only player like them the Browns have is Benjamin. If he gets hurt, the Browns would be hurt without his speed...

with no Cribbs, having Austin on the backup-co-starter role would

take the wear and tear down to a far less degree on Benjamin. I can see it.

Jarvis Jones or Dee Miliner is a given as in one of these guys should be available and be a Brown the Day of the First Round.

But beyond that the one player that I want us to get is none other than... Tyrann Mathieu. Yep, he's going to be a good player in this league. He might not have the height or whatever but he's a play-maker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJsBr8HqsEA

Without Cribbs we NEED this kid, he's a good kid just had a problem with the weed, so what, give him a chance and we won't regret it. Get Him Browns, he's our guy.

Tyler Eifert

Big, fast, great hands. Fills a position of need. Definitely would create mismatches

Zach Ertz is close, and if we could manage to get a second rounder and him fall to us that would be awesome, but he did slightly worse in all the drills than Eifert. They are practically the same build, Eifert may be slightly bigger, but Ertz has bigger hands.

The thread asked for the ONE player we want, so here's mine....

Jarvis Jones. IMHO, he's exactly what we need & that's a playmaking, dominating LB.

If he's there at 6, I want him.

Mike

Dion Jordan.... Badly

Excellent player in pass coverage (can even man up, especially with athletic TE's) and projects to be a decent pass rusher. Imagine this 5-2 front: Sheard/LE, Bryant/LDT, Taylor/NT, Rubin/RDT, Kruger/RE with Jordan and Jackson behind them. Jackson and Jordan both are good coverage backers, so that front could do some serious damage in both running and passing situations. Like I've said many times, Jordan's stats may never be eye popping (something like 15 sacks), but he will do a little bit of everything at a high level.

Jarvis Jones scares me for some reason, always has.

Ansah would have been great if we did not sign Kruger. He fills that exact role, the Big, 3-4 Rusher. I would want a guy with better coverage skills opposite of Kruger.

I wanted Jones but I thought we addressed LB grabbing Kruger and Groves, so give me Dee Millner.

If we can rush the passer and force some bad passes I 100% for sure want lockdown corners who can get the hands on the ball this year Pick 6 all day err day.

Or, if they do the trade down, they could get Barkevious Mingo or Warmack or X. Rhodes.

I think that would be a lot of peoples dream scenario.

My guy would be Dion Jordan. He's being compared to Aldon Smith in S.F. I mean c'mon who wouldn't want that!

Archived