THE BROWNS BOARD

Dion Lewis

utzie

He was a good college back at Pitt. Only 36 carries in the NFL, but 4.8 ypc. Can return kicks and play special teams ... why not? Don't think Acho was going to make the team, we needed more depth at RB going into camp.

Zombo

Per Adam Schefter, "Chip Kelly keeps remaking roster: Eagles traded RB Dion Lewis to Browns for LB Emmanuel Acho."

Thoughts?

If true, it means that the Browns are very likely to draft a linebacker at some point, if not in the first round then later....as Acho I thought was going to be part of the depth chart at LB.

94 Carder, Tank LB 6-2 235 24 2 Texas Christian

58 Fort, L.J. LB 6-0 230 23 2 Northern Iowa

54 Groves, Quentin LB 6-3 265 28 6 Auburn

52 Jackson, D'Qwell LB 6-0 240 29 8 Maryland

50 Johnson, James-Michael LB 6-1 240 23 2 Nevada

99 Kruger, Paul LB 6-4 270 27 5 Utah

56 Moten, Adrian LB 6-2 230 24 2 Maryland

53 Robertson, Craig LB 6-1 229 25 2 North Texas

97 Sheard, Jabaal LB 6-2 255 23 3 Pittsburgh

Kruger - JM Johnson - DQ - Sheard

Carder - Fort - Robertson - Groves

I don't know anything about Moten, but there's 8 guys that can play.

Kruger, DQ and Sheard are starting.

I think the key is whether they are happy with the other inside starter coming out off Johnson, Fort, Robertson and Carder.

I think Groves was brought in to rotate behind Kruger and Sheard, I'm not convinced that they are thinking they need to add a pass rusher as much as some are.

Zombo

94 Carder, Tank LB 6-2 235 24 2 Texas Christian

58 Fort, L.J. LB 6-0 230 23 2 Northern Iowa

54 Groves, Quentin LB 6-3 265 28 6 Auburn

52 Jackson, D'Qwell LB 6-0 240 29 8 Maryland

50 Johnson, James-Michael LB 6-1 240 23 2 Nevada

99 Kruger, Paul LB 6-4 270 27 5 Utah

56 Moten, Adrian LB 6-2 230 24 2 Maryland

53 Robertson, Craig LB 6-1 229 25 2 North Texas

97 Sheard, Jabaal LB 6-2 255 23 3 Pittsburgh

Kruger - JM Johnson - DQ - Sheard

Carder - Fort - Robertson - Groves

I don't know anything about Moten, but there's 8 guys that can play.

Kruger, DQ and Sheard are starting.

I think the key is whether they are happy with the other inside starter coming out off Johnson, Fort, Robertson and Carder.

I think Groves was brought in to rotate behind Kruger and Sheard, I'm not convinced that they are thinking they need to add a pass rusher as much as some are.

Zombo

Well, supposedly they got their pass rusher in Kruger, with help from Groves perhaps.

I agree that if Sheard can make the transition, and if Kruger is what he is billed to be, and if DQ can play like he did last year and stay away from injuries, and if JMJ can develop like we hope he can develop, and if those backups can be productive (Fort and Robertson were reasonably so last year), then the LB corps can be in decent solid hands...much better than in like forever. But that is a lot of ifs.

That said, and with the apparent quality of the DL, it is definitely the DB that needs attention.

And overall team depth. It would be nice to say that every time we are on the clock that the Browns are just there taking whatever best player they can get, rather than saying that we MUST fill this hole or that hole.

I think, if they can grab that CB and FS they may very well be close to being able to do that.

All signs point to a first or second round LB.

I'd love to see us trade back.

you mean first or third round (since we don't have 2nd round pick)? if they stay pat at #6 we should get the cb.

first off i doubt if acho would have made the team and i doubt this rb does as well. kelly is looking for players he knows at bargain basement prices.

i don't mind the trade back if we get the second rounder pick an OL 1st round then cb/s second. the browns addressed LB pretty well in FA and i think they need to shore up the secondary in the draft and get us a right side OL.

He's prolly gonna be battling "Silent G" for that third RB spot. Acho was a long shot to make the roster, he wasnt impressive last preseason in the slightest.

Lewis was arguably just as effective as Shady was at Pitt, and maybe even more so. Dion is just smaller.

I think Hardesty has that No.2 RB locked up. Lewis is an intriguing prospect IMO.

you mean first or third round (since we don't have 2nd round pick)? if they stay pat at #6 we should get the cb.

first off i doubt if acho would have made the team and i doubt this rb does as well. kelly is looking for players he knows at bargain basement prices.

i don't mind the trade back if we get the second rounder pick an OL 1st round then cb/s second. the browns addressed LB pretty well in FA and i think they need to shore up the secondary in the draft and get us a right side OL.

Hence the statement "I would love it if we trade back".

Another bonehead move by our bonehead FO..."yaawwwnnn"

How is trading your ninth linebacker for a guy that will probably be your top kickoff returner and compete for third running back boneheaded?

Zombo

I've heard of this guy before. I think he pulled a fire alarm at a hotel or something.

Eagles fan here to give you an idea of Dion Lewis.

Basically, you guys potentially got a steal. He is a small slippery runner who is harder to get down than his size suggests. Two years in a row, this guy was a stud in training camp practices and the preseason. Doesn't mean much, but this guy was making everyone miss in practice (insert eagles defense joke here). To me, he seems like a great compliment to Trent. The only reason he wasn't given opportunities was because of the amount of depth the eagles have at RB.

If any of you have game pass on nfl.com, I suggest watching the 2nd of the eagles-redskins games each of the past two seasons. He had some good plays in each and will give you an idea of what he brings to your offense.

Eagles fan here to give you an idea of Dion Lewis.

Basically, you guys potentially got a steal. He is a small slippery runner who is harder to get down than his size suggests. Two years in a row, this guy was a stud in training camp practices and the preseason. Doesn't mean much, but this guy was making everyone miss in practice (insert eagles defense joke here). To me, he seems like a great compliment to Trent. The only reason he wasn't given opportunities was because of the amount of depth the eagles have at RB.

If any of you have game pass on nfl.com, I suggest watching the 2nd of the eagles-redskins games each of the past two seasons. He had some good plays in each and will give you an idea of what he brings to your offense.

Thanks, Joe.

Acho sucks.

Zombo

Figured, better than a conditional 2014 7th i suppose. Does he bring anything on special teams?

We don't know, he got injured last year and missed the whole season. He was all-around unimpressive up til then.

Zombo

Wonder if Hardesty has seen his last down in a browns uniform. We just signed oby to a 2 year deal, and still have Jackson on the roster I think. Lewis will be a good returner, but I was really liking what TB was doing back there when he got his chances.

Wonder if Hardesty has seen his last down in a browns uniform. We just signed oby to a 2 year deal, and still have Jackson on the roster I think. Lewis will be a good returner, but I was really liking what TB was doing back there when he got his chances.

Jackson is gone.

Zombo

The Cleveland Plain Dealer says the Browns' new coaching staff is "spending a lot of time" evaluating Montario Hardesty.

Hardesty is due $575,000 entering his contract year. The Browns are reportedly looking for a change-of-pace back behind Trent Richardson, and it remains to be seen if Hardesty can be that guy. Impending free agent Brandon Jackson isn't expected back, and plodder Chris Ogbonnaya is a restricted free agent. Feb 10 - 11:38 AM

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

I really liked what I saw from Hardesty last season but it may be time to trade him. His contract is up after the season so they may want to move him now while he has more value.

If they can get a good offer I think he will be gone. If it was my decision I would trade him for a player at a position of need.

They now have their change of pace back. I like it!

you liked what you saw from a guy, so let's trade him?

how about we carry 3 backs TR, hardesty, and oogabooga?

this guy prob won't even make it thru training camp before getting cut.

we've seen plenty of small slippery backs....and they never make it past 3 yrds or if that, the bench.

granted if hardesty doesn't contribute this year he's gone but he isn't worth as much as mccoy was in trade value.

you liked what you saw from a guy, so let's trade him?

how about we carry 3 backs TR, hardesty, and oogabooga?

this guy prob won't even make it thru training camp before getting cut.

we've seen plenty of small slippery backs....and they never make it past 3 yrds or if that, the bench.

granted if hardesty doesn't contribute this year he's gone but he isn't worth as much as mccoy was in trade value.

YES! That is when you trade a guy like him. When he is doing well and before his contract expires! Makes perfect sense. He is never going to be our number 1 back unless Trent gets injured to the point where his career is over. So after this year he will walk and we will get nothing for him. How does that make any sense. This is a business and all players are assets. He has value, and I think unlike whoever said it that the value is MORE than Colt McCoy's value was. Maybe package him for a trade up on draft day.

Archived