THE BROWNS BOARD

Dion Lewis

utzie

They were going to have to do something to try to replace Cribbs on punt/kick returns. Maybe this guy is the answer..because that question is still out there.

And with TR an Eric Metcalf/Darren Sproles type of back is needed here. Maybe he can be that.

Browns just picked up the LB that the Eagles cut after trading for Acho.The guys name is Rau. 290ish tackles in college.

Rau? Pronounced "raw"?

Let's just hope he is not a mad dog in a meat market.

(and, yet again, another Philly reject? Getting old man)

you liked what you saw from a guy, so let's trade him?

how about we carry 3 backs TR, hardesty, and oogabooga?

this guy prob won't even make it thru training camp before getting cut.

we've seen plenty of small slippery backs....and they never make it past 3 yrds or if that, the bench.

granted if hardesty doesn't contribute this year he's gone but he isn't worth as much as mccoy was in trade value.

What about Sproles? Who was a high caliber player for 2 different teams?

What about Sproles? Who was a high caliber player for 2 different teams?

ok. really?

think about chip kelly=oregon ducks=tailback city ala lamichael james.

if kelly thought this guy would pan out to be a sproles or even a james do you really think he would have traded him for a LB who was less than zero for us?

sure things can happen and he might turn out to be great. but i ain't putting money on that bet.

but as someone says he might here to replace cribbs on special teams, but cribbs did a lot more than return kicks/punts. and i thought benjamin did a decent job for us when asked upon.

if we carry 4 rbs...he'll be on the bottom.

(and, yet again, another Philly reject? Getting old man)

i agree. although heavy with big names we've never landed any of them. it's always scrub for scrub.

gotta fill a practice squad somehow i guess.

Browns just picked up the LB that the Eagles cut after trading for Acho.The guys name is Rau. 290ish tackles in college.

Let's hope he is as solid as Doug Rau.

76_doug_rau.jpg

Zombo

--Yes, I'm old

5th round pic? This dude broke a ton of records at Pitt. Why only a 5th?

Pretty sure it was his size that caused the drop. He really is a Darren Sproles type of weapon. He if we go with a 2 back set and he gets a screen, its pretty much a guaranteed 10 yrds. Dion was a dumb pick for Philly to take anyway, they already have Shady at rb for speed.

5th round pic? This dude broke a ton of records at Pitt. Why only a 5th?

First reason was his size, scat back RB normally don't go before the 3rd unless they are super athletic and productive like whats his face that the 49ers drafted in the second last year. Second reason was because he some how only ran a 4.57 at the combine. He still showed good numbers in the agility drills but with a guy his size people wanted to see more speed. He has shown that he can produce though. 4.8 yard average rushing the past two years and a 22 yard average on KR.

then why did philly let him go?

2 guys that were going to get cut got swapped.

how come everyone we sign all of a sudden is a hall of famer and everyone we let go sucked eggs?

I would take a look at their RB situation as to why they let him go and why we traded for him. The have McCoy and Brown who showed to be a great #2 RB. We have Trent and then? Hardesty has been injured more than healthy and Obi is basically just a pass catcher. We have more question marks after Trent than what Philly has after McCoy. On top of that Philly's LB coach is our LB from last season. He knew Acho, he scouted him during the draft last year, and he obviously thought that he would be a fit in their new defense where as our coaches, who haven't coached him, thought the he likely wouldn't make it through camp. Both teams got depth guys that they felt they needed.

It doesn't hurt that Lewis has experience as a returner, something that we need now as well.

Archived