THE BROWNS BOARD

Sheard

why cant we win

Rumors and speculation. Didn't you hear? The College of Cardinals has decided to rescind their naming of that Argentinian guy to be Pope and name me instead.....even though I am a lapsed Catholic, an avowed sinner, and never ordained. They just wanted a Superstar to be their guy.

:mellow: Have you ever heard of Kanard Lang? Sheard isn't a linebacker and the fact the Browns drafted one or at least an edge rusher tells us that Sheard is gone. I just hope we can turn him into a 2nd round pick. I have also been hearing that they may trade Rubin too.

Jabaal Sheard isn't a linebacker. You can't put a round peg in a square hole. :mellow:

:) Mingo is going to play right away and Sheard will get traded tonight.

What are they going to trade him for? A pack of gum?

You think they will get a 2nd rounder for him straight up? I'd love to know what kool aid your drinking.

:mellow: Have you ever heard of Kanard Lang? Sheard isn't a linebacker and the fact the Browns drafted one or at least an edge rusher tells us that Sheard is gone. I just hope we can turn him into a 2nd round pick. I have also been hearing that they may trade Rubin too.

Ya, we know who KENARD Lang is. You've been on the board for 10 seconds and your asking guys like Vapor and Gipper who have been posting on the board on a daily basis for years who a recent Browns player was? And you assume because he couldn't make the transition from DE to LB nobody can? Did you know Joe Haden was a QB in high school. Ever hear of Joe Haden?

You've been hearing they may trade Rubin? When did you hear that? Two months ago when everybody else heard it? To the Pats for Ryan Mallett?

Thanks for signing up on draft day and posting two month old rumors.

:mellow: Well excuse me for having an opinion son! Good Lord I just came to this board because the one on Cleveland Browns.com was shut down. Holy Clifford Charlton just because I saw a few things that Sheard and Rubin could be traded possibly a 2nd round pick I can't post it? Pardon me for not finding this message board right away! Maybe you should treat new members better than you are? Settle down I am not disrespecting any other member but you sure are.

:mellow: Well excuse me for having an opinion son! Good Lord I just came to this board because the one on Cleveland Browns.com was shut down. Holy Clifford Charlton just because I saw a few things that Sheard and Rubin could be traded possibly a 2nd round pick I can't post it? Pardon me for not finding this message board right away! Maybe you should treat new members better than you are? Settle down I am not disrespecting any other member but you sure are.

There's a lot of good opinions on this board, so give it time. I really don't post much because I already know what I think, but I read it all the time. Don't take anything personal.

:mellow: I am sure there are a lot of good opinions on this board but why since I am a new poster do I get treated like yesterday's trash? I don't need to be here that badly.

:mellow: I am sure there are a lot of good opinions on this board but why since I am a new poster do I get treated like yesterday's trash? I don't need to be here that badly.

Its the initiation process that all rookies have to go through....you know, like hazing. Its a test to see if you have the gumption to stick it out and not cry that you want to go home to mommy. Don't take it personal.

....and with a quality name like Collins86 I would certainly expect that you would be able to take it. (and, by the way....there is no restraint on you dishing out in equal proportions, if you so choose....so sic'em)

:) Thank you Gipper because I wasn't dissing anyone. I wanted to find a message board on the Browns to talk and converse about the Browns. I have never claimed to be an expert on anything. I am just a very passionate fan. I meant no disrespect to anyone at all. I have been a Browns fan since 1960 so I have seen the good days and I have seen the bad days. Gary Collins was one of my favorite players when i was a kid. Frank Ryan, Jim Houston, Ernie Green, Jim Brown, Paul Warfield, Bill Glass, and a little known WR named Walter "The Flea" Roberts were some others.

Depth.

Too many factors to consider to just assume that Sheard can't play LB.

:mellow: Normally I would agree with you but I was watching Bruce Drennan's show "All Bets Are Off" and he was saying he had heard that Sheard's days as a member of the Browns were numbered according to his sources.

:) Thank you Gipper because I wasn't dissing anyone. I wanted to find a message board on the Browns to talk and converse about the Browns. I have never claimed to be an expert on anything. I am just a very passionate fan. I meant no disrespect to anyone at all. I have been a Browns fan since 1960 so I have seen the good days and I have seen the bad days. Gary Collins was one of my favorite players when i was a kid. Frank Ryan, Jim Houston, Ernie Green, Jim Brown, Paul Warfield, Bill Glass, and a little known WR named Walter "The Flea" Roberts were some others.

Well, here is something you will learn here....you CAN show and mean disrespect....momentarily, and no one takes it bad.

I have had smack down drag outs with any number of participants here in one thread...

and in another thread on the same day be perfectly in agreement and reasonable.

This is the most liberal (small L) sports board you will probably find anywhere.

I can even say "Get Fucked" to you....and not have it censored.

(and I mean that in the best way...see the Quentin Groves thread for candidates....and lets hope you would elect to choose from the Browns fan menu...not the Steeler fan menu)

:) Thanks for the insight Gipper. I don't like being mean to people when I am talking to them while they are standing next to me or even on a message board. As I get older I have found that talking to people and trying to get along is the way to go for me. I always tell my son to try and get along with people and you can still have an opinion. All of us are entitled to an opinion be it right or wrong. Maybe I came on too strong with the other poster but I don't think I did. I look at it this way I can't tell my kids to get along with others if I don't.

:) By the way I love your trivia about the Browns! I knew the Gary Lane and Len Dawson answers to the QB questions. I think I am going to like it here.

Ahh calm down there bud, don't take it so personally. On TBB you gotta have thick skin sometimes. Guys around here are very passionate about our Browns and sometimes can get a bit out of hand. Just don't sweat it and all will be good brother!

There's exactly zero proof any of those "discussions" about trading Sheard or Rubin happened with people who actually do the trading.

It's 100% speculation from people who get paid to create rumors.

1) Why trade Rubin? He is already the victory, he's a 6th round pick playing at a Pro Bowl alternate level. Also, his contract is cheaper next year than last year.

2) Why trade Sheard? He was essentially the only person on the D last year who got any pressure. He starts, Mingo rotates in. Where's the questions? He's more than agile enough to play in space as well and hold up against the run.

What's next, a 5th thread about the wonders of Mathieu - the slowest and shortest player ever?

Well, I rarely put on my big "M" moderator badge, but I'll also try to give you a heads up. Sorry if your welcome here was less than civil from some corners. On first take, I honestly thought you were regurgitating some stuff from cleveland.com, where I occasionally venture over to. The only things that get posts pulled- or warnings- are outright flaming, trolling, spamming, board disruption, and board hogging. Steeler fans get abused with regularity when they venture over here- in fact most of them have had their posting names renamed by a higher power (Zombo) than mine.

Care to take that one back? Yes, the obvious would have been to try and trade Sheard- but draft day moves get horrendously shorted, no? What about the rumor that was circulating for months, Mallett to the Browns?

Sorry, 86Collins, but around here, most all the time, a good old bash response is more funny than personal.

Ya just ignore it, and move on.
Just found an article this morning about that very subject:
BTW, I also have read where Sheard lost weight, trimmed down, to play olb. Mingo, Sheard, Kruger, Taylor, Rubin, Hughes...
another smart, tough cb... I think I just heard an "OH, Sh**" from the opposing qb's in the Browns division....

;) The draft isn't over yet.

Archived