THE BROWNS BOARD

Honey Badger Agent Demands Guaranteed Money Or No Contract Signing

calfoxwc

Unbelievable. He's a doper street punk. I'm delighted the Browns and all the other teams passed him by

for two rounds.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/29/mathieus-agent-says-no-contract-without-guaranteed-money/

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Today, 12:10 AM

The Cards are already in the news for wanting to give Tyrann no guaranteed money on his rookie contract. For his defense, they know what they were getting when they drafted him.

http://profootballta...aranteed-money/

http://profootballta...aranteed-money/

Florio loves to cause shit.

He is in no way out of line. He saw his draft stock plummet, why should he accept that piece of shit contract.

He deserves, at the very least, a 7th round contract with a little guaranteed money. The Cardinals were willing to spend a 3rd on him, they better pony up. There's a bunch of teams that would offer him at least a minimal amount of guaranteed money.

What Cal is saying is that honey bear doesn't deserve guaranteed money & I agree with that to the point that he never should have been drafted. Shame on the Cards for being stupid. I think they're going to learn very quickly that they flushed their 3rd round pick down the toilet.

Mike

Give him league minimum money, Cards. Let the kid concentrate on football and hopefully stay on the path of redemption.

Odds are that he won't last long. They knew that when they drafted him so why not loosen up the purse strings, pay the kid and move on when

things don't pan out.

all i would want to see is that 120+ page rookie signing contract.

smoke weed ONCE son: one time 1/2 year suspension from nfl and 1/2 your paycheck.

smoke weed again SON or get stuck outside a clue @3AM with some bizzy trying to root you to fatherhood and you smack her down.

done. contract. done nfl careeer.

se ya!! wouldnn't want to be ya!

Give him league minimum money, Cards. Let the kid concentrate on football and hopefully stay on the path of redemption.

Odds are that he won't last long. They knew that when they drafted him so why not loosen up the purse strings, pay the kid and move on when

things don't pan out.

dude, do you remember matt leinhart? awesome QB for the PAC 0 and the cards picked him up and he was more interested in doing a hot tub vid of him a chick and another dude than working out and working towards being one of the best QBs in NFL history?

lazy wave bum.

Well, I hope the Cards release him and we pick him up then. I was pissed about missing out on him. That's bullshit that the Cardnails want to screw him out of his money. Every other piece of shit that was overdrafted get their money, Badger is no different. He get's third round money and the Cards get the fuck off their high horse and pony up, bitches.

Well, I hope the Cards release him and we pick him up then. I was pissed about missing out on him. That's bullshit that the Cardnails want to screw him out of his money. Every other piece of shit that was overdrafted get their money, Badger is no different. He get's third round money and the Cards get the fuck off their high horse and pony up, bitches.

He gets minimum rookie wage scale for his slot, and not a dime more PG. He wants guaranteed money? So he can blow it on weed? I think he's worth around a $20 Speedway gas card.

Or, how about, you pass every drug test your first season- then you get your bonus out of an escrow account?

Janoris Jenkis was drafted by the Rams last year at 39 and wanted to screw him out of his money... he won that standoff.

Hernandez also had issues in college... As did Josh Gordon and many others. Does any of thier contracts have a zero amount of money promised, no that bullshit. If they didn't want to pay him then they should have let him go to a team that will pay him. How long do you expect the fucking kid to pay for smoking weed. It's god damn weed for crying out loud. I didn't see it affect his game while he was smoking the shit, did you? The only way it's a distraction is if he gets caught and gets suspended. There are tons of motherfucking NFL players that smoke weed and sell weed and drive drunk after the clubs shut down and kill people in the process. Quit fucking acting like this kid puffin the gonja is the same as Ray Lewis murdering motherfuckers. Give the kid a fucking break and get off his nuts, Bitches. That's all I've got to say of the subject.

"According to Caplan, the contract is worth just over $5.3 million and includes $3.8 million in guarantees, which is consistent with Gordon's draft slot. The Browns selected Gordon with the second pick in the second round of Thursday's supplemental draft, making the value of his rookie contract equivalent to the 34th overall pick of this year's regular draft."

Yeah, Gordon, also thrown out of college for failing drug tests, get's 3.8 MILLION IN guarantees and you guys expect Tyrann Mathieu to take a deal that guarantees 0 money guaranteed? That heinous. The kid had a tough life, grew up without a father and worked extremely hard to get to where he is today. He made it to the NFL at 5'8" and 190 lbs soaking wet. He was a baller and an icon at a major college university. He made mistakes, he paid his dues.

And to take it even farther... so what if the kid smoked. Obama smoked. Clinton smoked. Jimmy Hendrix smoked. Bob Marley smoked. Michael Phelps smoked and won gold medals. Miley Cryus smokes the fucking herb. It's really annoying to even be having this discussion at this day and age. There's nothing wrong with smoking weed other than the federal government says it's taboo, yet it's one of the safest and most widely used drugs across the country and probably across the world. Why it's still a banned substance is anyones guess but from what I know about it, it's a widely outdated and archaic viewpoint.

I'm not going to chastise the kid for doing the same thing that other college kids do every fucking day, even college kids that are going to school to be teachers and doctors partake in the recreational use of marijuana.

He gets minimum rookie wage scale for his slot, and not a dime more PG. He wants guaranteed money? So he can blow it on weed? I think he's worth around a $20 Speedway gas card.

Or, how about, you pass every drug test your first season- then you get your bonus out of an escrow account?

I may be off the mark....but I consider minimum rookie wages guaranteed $$....IOW, as long as he keeps his job, he gets paid.

Gordon was never a street punk. He paid dearly, and was very sincere in talking about how he messed up his career in Baylor.

Deeply regretted it. He was never arrogant about it, nor arrogant about himself.

Honey badger is an arrogant street punk. In fact, he had invitations to his "first round draft pick honey badger" party for

Thursday night.

Arrogance does not go well with maturing and growing and developing. Neither does stupidity. Gordon was neither

stupid nor arrogant.

honey badger is big-time both arrogant and very stupid. I'm delighted the Browns didn't take a chance on him.

That says "arrogant street punk" in giant bold letters. Maybe he will change. He does have Peterson, a former LSu player,

as a mentor. But that's the only team that has Peterson to help. Go and look via the link at Mathieu's invitation to his

"First round draft pick" party.

'************************************************************

"First-round draft pick"
Tyrann Mathieu planning party for Thursday...Former LSU star cornerback Tyrann Mathieu has taken the long way to the 2013 NFL Draft, but it appears the oft-troubled playmaker is ready to make his name in the league. And, if this invitation to Honey Badger's post-party is any indication, Mathieu expects to be taken in the first round Thursday evening. Most draft analysts have Mathieu going somewhere in the second or third round -- if not later -- which means his Thursday night party at SL nightclub in New York City may be a little premature, and potentially somewhat uncomfortable.

I disagree, I think the Cardinals are a bit out of line and want their cake and eat it too.

The random and weekly drug tests are fine but if they didn't want to pay him they shouldn't have drafted him so "high" .

Bullshit, it's a privilege to play in the NFL not a right and can take any precaution they want, just like any other job. If he doesn't like it go play in Canada for 2 years.

If they didn't want to pay this guy his gaurenteed 3rd round money then they shouldn't have drafted him in the fucking 3rd round. This is a two way street. These guys shouldn't hold out for more money than they are owed and the teams shouldn't fuck players over and offer them less than they are owed. There is a rookie wage scale, there is a set ammount for total money and money gaurenteed for draft slots. Pay the guy what he is owed, cause he is owed that money, cause that is were you dumb shits drafted him. If you didn't want to give him anything gauerenteed then you shouldn't have drafted the guy.

I didn't see it affect his game while he was smoking the shit, did you?

yeah i did he got kicked off the team and didnt play a snap for how long?

and then went into a tailspin for a while.

here is the thing I think he deserves some $. its football and your fortunes could end before the begin.

But if he decides to play hard ball with the cards he wont win they probably have a period of time that they can retain him then he becomes a free agent with less leverage and even more baggage that other teams will pass on.

plus he will be getting tebow like attention and put under a microscope for years to come. so in essence the kid is fucked unless he has a probowl type year. the good qbs and coordinators will exploit him quickly and often.

Sounds like it's around 50/50 on what everyone thinks should happen with Honey Badgers contract. I am on the side that says he should get guaranteed money. For Christ's sake, Owen Marecic got a $408,000 signing bonus. Now I know there were never the off the field issues, but Marecic has those on the field issues of just not being any good. Honey Badger was a stud in college, is a little small, but was productive on the big stage. He should get his money.

He gets minimum rookie wage scale for his slot, and not a dime more PG. He wants guaranteed money? So he can blow it on weed?

Really? You think that's why he wants guaranteed money? Not for a little job safety, or something to fall back on if something happens? I know in this day in age athletes arent very good at budgetting but that's beside the point.

This thread isn't describing the Cardinals decision accurately. They're not taking ANY money away from him - at all. The contract is precisely correct for his slot.

Instead of the guaranteed money, however, they divided it by 16 and are putting it as weekly roster bonuses -- with the intent that he has to be on the roster and a member of the team in good standing from week to week.

I honestly don't see what the problem with this is.

This thread isn't describing the Cardinals decision accurately. They're not taking ANY money away from him - at all. The contract is precisely correct for his slot.

Instead of the guaranteed money, however, they divided it by 16 and are putting it as weekly roster bonuses -- with the intent that he has to be on the roster and a member of the team in good standing from week to week.

I have got no problem with it either. I havent heard this much banter about a third round pick since we kicked Colt to the curb. At least he was a Brown.

Zombo

"According to Caplan, the contract is worth just over $5.3 million and includes $3.8 million in guarantees, which is consistent with Gordon's draft slot. The Browns selected Gordon with the second pick in the second round of Thursday's supplemental draft, making the value of his rookie contract equivalent to the 34th overall pick of this year's regular draft."

Yeah, Gordon, also thrown out of college for failing drug tests, get's 3.8 MILLION IN guarantees and you guys expect Tyrann Mathieu to take a deal that guarantees 0 money guaranteed? That heinous. The kid had a tough life, grew up without a father and worked extremely hard to get to where he is today. He made it to the NFL at 5'8" and 190 lbs soaking wet. He was a baller and an icon at a major college university. He made mistakes, he paid his dues.

And to take it even farther... so what if the kid smoked. Obama smoked. Clinton smoked. Jimmy Hendrix smoked. Bob Marley smoked. Michael Phelps smoked and won gold medals. Miley Cryus smokes the fucking herb. It's really annoying to even be having this discussion at this day and age. There's nothing wrong with smoking weed other than the federal government says it's taboo, yet it's one of the safest and most widely used drugs across the country and probably across the world. Why it's still a banned substance is anyones guess but from what I know about it, it's a widely outdated and archaic viewpoint.

I'm not going to chastise the kid for doing the same thing that other college kids do every fucking day, even college kids that are going to school to be teachers and doctors partake in the recreational use of marijuana.

Why do you care? He belongs to some other team now, so screw him.

It is both a stick and a carrot. "If you keep clean....here is your money. If you don't keep clean....your money vanishes"

I know it is his agents job to get him cash up front.....it is how the agent gets paid. But for Mathieu personally.....if he says he intends to tow the straight and narrow it seems appropriate.

Keep your nose clean, get paid. Don't and you won't.

Sounds like it's around 50/50 on what everyone thinks should happen with Honey Badgers contract. I am on the side that says he should get guaranteed money. For Christ's sake, Owen Marecic got a $408,000 signing bonus. Now I know there were never the off the field issues, but Marecic has those on the field issues of just not being any good. Honey Badger was a stud in college, is a little small, but was productive on the big stage. He should get his money.

Really? You think that's why he wants guaranteed money? Not for a little job safety, or something to fall back on if something happens? I know in this day in age athletes arent very good at budgetting but that's beside the point.

Eh- I've had time to sleep on what I think. Sort of changed my mind- if the Cards didn't want to pay the guy high third round money, they shouldn't have drafted him there. I do like the idea of saying you get your $600K bonus- in 16 $37k weekly installments.

I do have the feeling the guy is a street punk- and not very bright on top of it. So take that bonus- and give $30k to his agent, $240 to the Feds, and I'm betting the Badger has the rest blown before the end of training camp.

Eh- I've had time to sleep on what I think. Sort of changed my mind- if the Cards didn't want to pay the guy high third round money, they shouldn't have drafted him there. I do like the idea of saying you get your $600K bonus- in 16 $37k weekly installments.

I do have the feeling the guy is a street punk- and not very bright on top of it. So take that bonus- and give $30k to his agent, $240 to the Feds, and I'm betting the Badger has the rest blown before the end of training camp.

I'm not a Tyronn fan, but the bottom line is the NFL is set up for guys to get guaranteed money when drafted. It seems really straight forward to us working Joes that being on the job (or roster) warrants being paid. If you don't show up why would get the same paycheck? It's more to protect the player against some crazy injury. They drafted him there, and they're going to have to give him the guaranteed money slotted for that spot. If I was them however, I'd put in that contract if one drug test/off the field issue comes up, his contract is instantly voided. That's the best protection they can have.

wow. i didn't know we had the likes of jesus, buddha and allah all on this brown's forum.

straight-laced, prim and proper throw your jacket over a puddle so as not to let the lady get wet when crosssing the street.

GTFO bullshitters.

what a bunch of fucking pussy hypocrites.

i'll guarantee you half of you 'so-called' do gooders are either hiding from the feds by having your little bible in your britches as you tip your hat to aunt em, while checking out the kids in the schoolyard, preaching a line of gospel to deflect your heathen ways. how about we show a picture of you up on a 55 inch flat screen, let everyone that ever knew you or your fucked up family talk shit about you and what a scumbag you are for having 'character' issues.

for all you fakes jesuses out there: what a bunch of phony fucks you are. hey i ain't knocking anyone for what you believe or don't believe in as far as religion is concerned, but to get up here and judge someone else WHO YOU'VE NEVER EVER MET IN YOUR LIFE well i hope your life is THAT good. that you help your grandkids sell lemonade on the weekends. that you are in your garden pulling weeds and your wife in her denim overalls comes out and wipes the beads of sweat from your ugly mug and kiss on the cheek (while you secretly wish you could plummet that garden hoe through her fucking skull, cut her up and use her for fertilizer).

the kid smoked some MARIFUCKINJUANA! STFU! i know i'd rather have his life at his age right now than what i had at that time. and if all you liars on the board would think clearly, you would too.

no one still wants to take my bet though, huh?

pussies.

Archived