THE BROWNS BOARD

Armonty Bryant

BadNewsBrowns

.08 is the legal limit. I expect that I myself may have exceeded .09 on Cinco de Mayo.

Nevertheless....the guy knew he was skating on thin ice. And though, sure, perhaps this was a celebration of being drafted.....but, his judgment does come into question as to why he couldn't have someone else driving him.

His intellect is now at issue.

Know what Gip? This sort of stuff happens every Friday night in every town in the country. If you read the report, you can about bet his pal was falling down drunk (he got arrested for public intox), and asked Bryant to give him a lift home. Armonty probably knew he had had a couple too many, but decided to chance it- who wouldn't in out in podunkville? I doubt there's many cab or limo services in Ada Oklahoma, and darn few cops around.

And give the guy bonus points for knowing that little trick how to beat the Breathalyzer. Deliberately flunk it a couple of times- you're pushing residual booze out of your lungs every time you fail.

Cutting him now will do us more harm than anything. Let's see what he has in the preseason, and if he is a borderline player with pretty good potential I think you keep him. If he is a borderline player and shows little potential you cut him. Who knows, maybe come in here and has a tremendous preseason and becomes a starting DE for us in a couple of years.

Cutting him will just look bad on us. 1) Says we would have wasted a 7th round pick 2) We didnt even give him a chance 3) If he gets picked up by someone, especially anyone in the division, and has a solid career, we just look stupid.

If he fails and doesnt amount to anything, well... at least we used a late pick on a guy who looked like he had some potential - all things considered.

He is not even signed yet, so we cant cut him. He was over the limit and he did go to jail, lets hope he learns from this mistake. At least he didnt pull a Reese Weatherspoon on top of that.

.09? My morning shit has a higher BAC. Id be dissapointed if a 7th rounder didn't have character concerns, otherwise he would just be a poor physical prospect.

I'm buying this dude's jersey.

Z

Dammit Z, I just spit my ice tea all over my keyboard.

.08 is the legal limit. I expect that I myself may have exceeded .09 on Cinco de Mayo.

Nevertheless....the guy knew he was skating on thin ice. And though, sure, perhaps this was a celebration of being drafted.....but, his judgment does come into question as to why he couldn't have someone else driving him.

His intellect is now at issue.

While his BAC seems negligible, I agree with Gipper. Given past issues, this kid should have been "Saint Armanty" for a good while. Instead, he solidly put himself under a microscope. Unfortunately, now he must be a model citizen or he could be just another talented kid with no NFL future.

Mike

Nah, he wasn't going to be saint anything, that's why he was available when they drafted him. Going by pure production and physical tools, this Bryant deserves to be in the third round.

I bet he's the last DL on the roster.. my guess is he was more guilty of driving while black than dwi.

driving while black

Love it. To be fair, this was in Ada, Oklahoma - total population 16,810, thank you wikipedia - and while my knowledge of midwest states' demography is not up to scratch, would it be fair to say they don't see many "of his kind" down that way?!

Love it. To be fair, this was in Ada, Oklahoma - total population 16,810, thank you wikipedia - and while my knowledge of midwest states' demography is not up to scratch, would it be fair to say they don't see many "of his kind" down that way?!

That is not necessarily true. Remember, the south/southwest was slave state before the Civil War. Many of the rural/small towns of the south/southwest can be predominately black.

And Oklahoma for years before it became a state was known as "Indian Territory". That is where they sent all the dispossessed native Americans who previously lived in the likes of Virginia/Carolinas/Georgia/Alabama etc. along the Trail of Tears. So, in addition to good size rural African-American population, Oklahoma also has a vast Native-American population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_of_Tears

Edit note: Oklahoma is 4th in the percentage of it population that are native-American. Only Alaska, New Mexico, and South Dakota have larger NA %

Mississippi
36.3%
Louisiana
32.5%
South Carolina
29.5%
Georgia
28.7%
Maryland
27.9%
Alabama
26.0%