THE BROWNS BOARD

We Knew This Would Happen! Fallout From The Boy Scout Policy Change!

White Dog

The dust has scarcely settled from the Boy Scouts of America’s landmark vote to allow openly gay young men and boys to participate in scouting, yet already another controversy is brewing with parents and churches caught up in the crossfire.

Nationwide, congregations and families are coming to terms with the BSA policy change. In an effort to remain strong in their biblical convictions, many are being forced to cut ties with the BSA despite years of financial support and mutual trust.

But in doing so, their decision to withdraw support of the nation’s largest scouting organization has come under scrutiny by the liberal media and the leftwing blogosphere. Just days following the vote, Atlanta-area pastor Ernest Easley made national news when he advised his parishioners to cut all ties with BSA.

I never dreamed I’d have to stand up publicly and say to parents: Pull your kids out of the Boy Scouts,Easley told the Baptist Press May 28. “If you would have asked me that five years ago, 10 years ago, I would have laughed,” Easley said. “And even as I was saying it Sunday morning, I thought, I cannot believe I’m having to address this and encourage parents to pull their children out of the Boy Scouts of America.

http://theblacksphere.net/2013/06/the-boy-scout-fallout/

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be a lot of scouts who drop out of their troops now. Which will promptly be investigated by Obamao and Holder as a "hate crime".

And the parents of the gay scout, maybe the only one left in a troop, will sue for discrimination for lottery win $$$$$$.

its not a set up question at all. There is a great deal of protest because some group want gay males to be allowed to be scoutmasters. Iwould personally be uncomfortable with an adult gay male showering and camping with a bunch of young males. That's all. Nothing beyond that. Apparently the group that are protesting this see no problem in that situation. I was just curious about your opinion.

WSS

I remember when I was a boy scout, my friend and I were kind of trouble makers and the scout leader actually locked us in a shed and left us there. We broke out after about an hour. We never went back to scouting after that and never told my parents. My old man would have beat the dog shit out of him if he had found out. Can you imagine if that happened today?

Scoutmasters don't shower with the kids, Steve. Nobody's getting wet and naked with the scouts. You're asking a question that isn't relevant. (At least I hope that's what you're doing.)

You're saying you wouldn't want your kids to be around gay people in camping situations. Okay. But if you've come to this conclusion because you're worried about how gay men will react during the "Scoutmaster/Scout group shower" portion of the camping trip you might want to reconsider. Because that isn't part of scouting.

It simply comes down to whether or not you'd trust your son with a gay scoutmaster on an overnight trip into the woods. You're also equating "gay" with "pedophile." Which is a nice touch.

I'd be worried about sending my kid into any situation with an adult I didn't know well. I'd also be concerned because groups like this have a history of attracting pedophiles. Whether or not they were gay wouldn't be part of my concern. But that's just me.

And I could care less if a small minority of people don't want to be in Scouts now that they have (halfway) joined the 21st century and will allow gay kids to participate. This isn't "fallout." It's "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, asshole."

What kind of man/woman wants to keep a 12- or 13-year old kid who happens to be gay from being allowed to go scouting with his friends?

An horrible, horrible asshole. That's who.

Well the first question that comes to mind is what kind of people want so badly to sexualize 12 and 13 year olds?

But, and this doesn't surprise me, you drop in and are completely and utterly incorrect.

Maybe you're just ignorant or maybe you don't think that would ever happen.

It does. Oh not nearly as much as gym teachers would be amongst the naked showering children but yes heck it happens.

For a short while we lived in Texas and I was a boy scout.

And I can recall two instances one on a camping trip and one at a swimming facility with a makeshift shower with green canvas separators, that there was showering in the presence of the Scoutmaster and the Explorer, I'm assuming over 18, who was assigned to each cat.

I have no idea of anyone's sexual orientation nor was there anything untowards going on.

So I will just assuming you are speaking with authority of something of which you know nothing.

Glad to be of assistance.

WSS

Steve, come on. You just said that Scoutmasters shower with the kids. "Iwould personally be uncomfortable with an adult gay male showering and camping with a bunch of young males."

They don't shower with the kids. They'd have to be out of their minds to allow adults to shower with children. It's absurd on its face.

Oh, look. Turns out you're wrong. As if I even needed to look it up. But I did, in two seconds, and you're wrong.

So nice to be back in your up-is-down world.

Scouting's Barriers to Abuse

The BSA has adopted the following policies for the safety and well-being of its members. While these policies are primarily for the protection youth members, they also serve to protect adult leaders. Refer to the Guide to Safe Scouting, contact your local council, or email youth.protection@scouting.org link-MailTo.gif for more information.

• Minimum two-deep leadership on all outings required. Two registered adult leaders, or one registered leader and a parent of a participating Scout or other adult, one of whom must be 21 years of age or older, are required for all trips and outings. Appropriate adult leadership must be present for all overnight Scouting activities; coed overnight activities – even those including parent and child – require male and female adult leaders, both of whom must be 21 years of age or older, and one of whom must be a registered member of the BSA.
  • One-on-one contact between adults and youth members prohibited. In any situation requiring a personal meeting, such as a Scoutmaster's conference, the meeting is to be conducted in view of other adults and youths.
  • Separate accommodations for adults and Scouts required. When camping, no youth is permitted to sleep in the tent of an adult other than his or her own parent or guardian. Councils are strongly encouraged to have separate shower and latrine facilities for females. When separate facilities are not available, separate male and female shower times should be scheduled and posted. Likewise, youth and adults must shower at different times.
  • Privacy of youth respected. Adult leaders must respect the privacy of youth members in situations such as changing clothes and taking showers at camp, and intrude only to the extent that health and safety require. Adults must protect their own privacy in similar situations.

I think that a homosexual man would probably be turned on by a naked boy that is a few years younger then him. So, it's not appropriate. Just like not having a straight male watching 16 year old naked girl scouts, ca·peesh

? Or is that too difficult for you to understand hypocrite.

So now that you can see that, no, the adults don't get to shower with the "young males", what's your objection to gay Scout leaders?

They are camping with them after all. Is that enough for you? No gay men near your kid when you're not there?

No sir I don't see that at all.

I gave you to reasonably innocuous examples of what happens in the real world. I know you don't like the real world.

Anyway I assume normal parents might have a problem with their adolescent children around gay adults and those type of situations.

Or their adolescent opposite sex children in similar situations amongst straight adults.

Then again I don't have kids and I guess you can send yours to bunk with whomever you choose.

If you seriously can't comprehend why that might un nerve other parents? Oh well.

WSS

And we're right back to where we left off, where I point out that your facts are wrong, you suggest that they're not, and then I show you clear evidence that I'm right and you're wrong, and you don't say, "My bad." You just breeze by it and say that it happens in the real world, even though it's expressly forbidden by the Boy Scouts and has been for years, and this way you can avoid admitting you're wrong.

Great.

I don't know why you assume I'm an abnormal parent because I don't share your clearly misinformed views on the subject, but I would have no worries sending my son out with friends of mine who are homosexuals, or a gay Scout leader. In fact, I'd infinitely prefer doing that to sending them out with many of the people on this board. Because they're no threat to my son. They're gay, not pedophiles. They're not interested in sex with pre-pubescent boys any more than I'm interested in sex with pre-pubescent girls. It's not that hard for me to comprehend.

I'd have concerns about sending him away in any situation that wasn't properly supervised or has a history of attracting pedophiles, like the Scouts does. But I'd be more worried about someone who is sexually troubled than someone who is openly homosexual.

I simply don't share your views on the subject. If you're the norm I don't have any problems with you labeling me "abnormal." You suffer from the gay equivalent of "reefer madness."

lol, Steve, what kind of sick fuck scout leader did you have that he's showering with the boys? Can't say I remember that happening on my camping trips when I was in the scouts.

oh it was just a common shower area, that's all. I don't I think there's anything wrong going on.

I also remember many times in gym class the coach, while not naked and showering, would often come in to the boys common shower to yell at us to shut up for quick running or don't snap towels or whatever.

and I don't think it's outrageous to imagine a parent might not want their kid being seen naked by someone who might get a boner from it.

YMMV

WSS

but I wasn't wrong and I'm not wrong. You just believe if you write a thousand words of garbage it will change what is. I know you well enough that's fine.

Haha. Yes, you are. And I believe if I can demonstrate the truth by both 1) appealing to the last shred of your common sense by noting that NO organization that deals with kids WOULD EVER allow anything even close to what you're suggesting lest they invite the biggest lawsuit in American history, and 2) by cutting and pasting official Scout policy for you to read, which specifically says that there will never, ever be anything like "adult gay male showering...with a bunch of young males", that would be enough for a sentient adult to say, "Okay, yes, they don't shower together. My bad."

I'd think that would be enough, yes. It's comical that you cling to your version of reality this way.

God, I wish more people read your shit. You'd get laughed out of the building.

But let's try it one more time: Steve, do you think the Boy Scouts allows for "adult gay male showering...with a bunch of young males"?

Yes or no.

So now that you can see that, no, the adults don't get to shower with the "young males", what's your objection to gay Scout leaders?

They are camping with them after all. Is that enough for you? No gay men near your kid when you're not there?

Well thank goodness it's written down. Nobody ever breaks a rule that's written down.

If this is such a problem that we need to ban gay Scout leaders entirely, why don't one of you find me a bunch of examples of a gay Scout leaders showering with the Scouts?

Surely, there must be lots of them.

Also, if gay men can't resist showering with prepubescent boys, shouldn't we ban gay gym teachers? After all, there are lots more kids in school, and lots more showers in gym than in the wilderness.

Don't try to weasel out of it. Go ahead. You accused me of being naive to think that there aren't lots of examples of gay men showering with Scouts against the rules and procedures set up by the Scouts. Now you're asking me if it's humanly possible. This is called moving the goalposts. Because you're full of shit and you can't back up what you said, Leg.

Hint: the problem was never that gay men showered with Scouts. It was Scouts being molested by pedophiles who became Scoutmasters to prey on children. So chasing down this "gay men might shower with Scouts" rabbit hole is a fool's errand.

I wasn't specifying the behavior, you douche.

I was just pointing out the flaw in your thought that because a rule is written down, it won't be broken.

Which is exactly why I simply just wrote that. Now you want me to find "shower buddies" stories.

Amazing

Archived