THE BROWNS BOARD

We Knew This Would Happen! Fallout From The Boy Scout Policy Change!

White Dog

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you don't have them to spare. Sorry bout that.

The obvious point you make, therefore, is that you have no answer...yes?

It's that I can't waste another second of my life talking to an ignorant fool.

You think gay kids - children - should only be accepted by "being in the norm", by denying who they are and pretending they're someone else. Because that works better for idiots like you.

That's what you'd like to do. To children. Because you're a horrible person.

I'm even going to try one more time since he didn't answer:

Steve, you wrote: "just curious Woody if you were a grown up with a child, perhaps a daughter, would you want her taking a shower and camping and so forth with an adult male Girl Scout leader?"

And : "There is a great deal of protest because some group want gay males to be allowed to be scoutmasters. Iwould personally be uncomfortable with an adult gay male showering and camping with a bunch of young males. That's all. Nothing beyond that. Apparently the group that are protesting this see no problem in that situation."

So clearly you were under the impression that Scoutmasters get naked and shower with the Scouts themselves. Are you now convinced that you were mistaken?

Or let's put it this way: when I drop off my boy at preschool, I sometimes worry about the male teachers there. But not because I worry about them being gay; because I worry about them being pedophiles. I worry about the type of man who wants to work with children, not because that makes them automatically strange somehow, but because that's how pedophiles operate. They put themselves in a position where they can be alone with children. And we have a few places - the church, the Scouts, coaching, teaching, etc. - that have typically attracted pedophiles.

You'd be okay with a non practicing pedofile?

Steve. How in the hell would you know that someone is a non-practicing pedophile?

gosh fellows from your logic it shouldn't make any difference if he has the desire as long as you trust him to not act upon it correct? The fact that he might be around just by your child shouldn't matter. Or does it?

(and werent you under the impression that pedophilia laws are not natural? I mean that in many cultures and especially in the animal kingdom sexual desire begins at the age that breeding is possible isn't that right?)

WSS

I mean you'd assume that a heterosexual would not act upon an urge to touch your daughter right?

WSS

Go away, bad Steve. Bring back other Steve. This one wants to change the subject to something strange.

So no gay Scoutmasters. (They'll figure out a way into those showers.) And no gay teachers. (Even if they don't molest children, they want to.) What else can't gays do in your world?

Seriously.

Hooker, you're making yourself look like an idiot when you post.

Its like everyone is saying "The sky is blue" but you think is purple. Then when someone on the pro blue side posts how stunning it is someone could think the sky is purple, you are just repeating them, saying its stunning anyone could think the sky is blue. But, in this case and the one in this thread, you're clearly wrong. It makes you look like an idiot.

Is being called an idiot an insult if you really are an idiot? I mean, short isn't a positive trait, but its not improper to call a short guy short...

and Steve... Idk what Steve's trying to accomplish. Keep on truckin Heck

Like I said long ? ago now. At the workplace, I always treated those who were gay, like anybody else.

But I would never associate with them socially. Why should boy scouts associate with someone that

violates their sense of morality and normalcy? And why should libs demand that boy scouts accept gays anyways?

I mean, they want to join...doesn't mean the rest of the troop doesn't leave. Or, would libs write a law that demands

that they stay in the troop? Come to think of it...wouldn't surprise me.

And, seriously?

"Hooker, you're making yourself look like an idiot when you post." Woody ??????????????

"snort, stifle, stifle, cringe, lol, headshake, snort, lol...."

gosh fellows from your logic it shouldn't make any difference if he has the desire as long as you trust him to not act upon it correct? The fact that he might be around just by your child shouldn't matter. Or does it?

(and werent you under the impression that pedophilia laws are not natural? I mean that in many cultures and especially in the animal kingdom sexual desire begins at the age that breeding is possible isn't that right?)

WSS

I mean you'd assume that a heterosexual would not act upon an urge to touch your daughter right?

WSS

What in the hell are you going on about here? If someone is a non-practicing pedophile, you'd have no way of knowing since they wouldn't be a sex offender. If you feel like your scoutmaster is a pedophile, I imagine you wouldn't be okay with sending your kid off alone with him. If you equate gay people with pedophiles, then by all means, don't send your kid away alone with them.

And no, I'm not under the impression that pedophilia is natural. Pedophiles are interested in the pre-pubescent. What all that has to do with your last post is completely beyond me.

Well that's how I'd do find it. But I recall a conversation in which some of the guys on the Left were unhappy about biblically based morality.

You were the guy who pointed out that the age of consent isn't really set in nature but in some ones made up morality. Remember?

As a matter of fact it ranges, worldwide, from puberty to 18 or 19 years old.

And of course you understand what I mean but not practicing, correct?

Pedofilia is not something that can be cured nor is it something that is chosen.

So then how could it be either moral or immoral?

And if the pedofile never gives in to those urges why should he not be allowed to hold any societal position?

Or should he?

By the way heck what was the specific question you are badgering me about?

WSS

Sir you write eight pages of spin for every comment.

Just spit it out, what's the question?

I'm sure it's a dilly.

WSS

Coming from the guy that asks about 12 questions a post and talks in circles, lol .

I'm sure Heck's jaw dropped reading your post

I have a little experience in this area myself, so I'll give my views and let either heck & woody, or cal & WSS, pick them apart, depending on on which side I come down ;)

When I was a kid, I was in the Boys' Brigade, a youth group similar to the scouts - in fact the scouts were a spin off - but focussed a little less on outdoor pursuits. Growing up, one of the kids in my company, one of my best friends, was always a little camp; he liked a bit of Frank Sinatra, tap dancing and the rest. We all gave him a bit of stick, as you'd expect, but nothing serious, he was one of our best mates. Turns out, he was gay, he came out a couple of year after leaving, around 20-21 I think. We went on camps all the time, there was never any issue of showering with him, nobody cared that he was a bit 'bent' or anything like that.

Fast forward 10 years, now I'm a leader in the Boys' Brigade, and one of the leaders is gay. There's never any question of him not being allowed to be in charge, but equally, as with any of us, he's not allowed to be 'one-on-one' with any of the kids. We're headed to camp later this year and all is perfectly fine, the leaders will be showering in a separate area to the kids, because that's just the way it works. There's no 'danger', he's not a sexual predator, he's not a pedophile, and he's in a loving, committed relationship.

In fact, the group has now opened up to allow girls in (yes, it's still the Boys' Brigade), and we have a bunch of 12-16 year old girls in the group. Now, I'm no more likely to shower with these girls - who according to some thought processes I would be instantly around by - than the gay leader is to shower with the boys. That's just not how it works.

Of course it's open to exploitation, but then again, if you're a sexual predator, planning to molest little boys, would you put the parents on alert by declaring that you're gay? As has been discussed, if your primary goals is kiddy-fiddling, you're probably much better off being a teacher, or even joining the clergy.

There we are, my two-pence (I guess that should be two cents, right?) on the matter. Feel free to tell me that I should stone, eviscerate and behead my gay friends, the internet's a free country :)

Archived