THE BROWNS BOARD

We Knew This Would Happen! Fallout From The Boy Scout Policy Change!

White Dog

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee, you pointed out that laws are sometimes broken. Thank God we have you around. Where would we be without this insight?

The point is it's irrelevant to the argument. If Steve is saying that he's against gay Scout leaders because they shower with the kids, that's not a good argument. It's a really bad one, in fact. Because the Scout leaders don't shower with the kids. That's obvious. I didn't even have to look it up to know that wasn't the case, because it's insane. (I'll give Steve a small pass here because he doesn't have children and maybe isn't aware that no organization would ever, ever allow something like this.) But then I found the Scout code online and posted it. It's expressly forbidden, and there's no one claiming there's some rash of "Gay Scoutmaster showering" incidents. It's just a made up fear. It doesn't work as a reason to not have gay Scouts.

But what do we get instead of some acknowledgement of reality? Or logic? We get Steve insisting that they really do shower with the kids, and then you insisting that it's possible that they could shower with the kids, and that laws can be broken, which might result in gay men showering with kids.

Are you guys even listening to yourselves?

The showering example was just an example.

The principle is, (and heck never deals with principles - he deals with nitpicking definitions of words and phrases)...

and woodypeckerhead is too stupid to deal with principle...

the principle is the same sex perverse attraction by a gay scoutmaster, authority figure, towards kid(s). bad, sick, perverse regardless

of overt or covert sick behavior or lack thereof. NO FREAKIN WAY..

So, all a gay kid has to do, is just be a scout. He doesn't have to advertise that he is gay. Therefore, the choice of

being outwardly gay, and insisting on joining a boy scout troop is...what? Slapping normal boy scout behavior with

a confrontation of being gay, just waiting for a comment, or slight, or teasing/joking whatever... to be able to

claim heck or woody "victimhood" ??? Lawsuit to pay for new car after hs graducation, and for college?

The openly gay joining of the Boy Scouts, is just another antagonistic fight with the norm, for the most part, for

personal gain, whether it is money in a lawsuit, or just notoriety and media fame

It's nice to see heckbunker come back to argue this gay thread, as to avoid talking about Obamao. BTW, heckbunker, you

avoided coming to reality about the IRS scandal.

haha. Not those couple of "rogues in Cincy" . Nope. But that's what you argued. Now you come back and avoid it? classic heckbunker.

I know a guy who returned his Eagle pin to them with an explanation that the Boy Scouts lost their morality in perverse fashion.

That was many years ago over some religious issue. This issue? Eagle Scouts will be tossing their pins into the garbage,

and young scouts will quit their troop.

So, btw, if a bunch of scouts quit their troop, leaving because an openly gay kid joined...and they started their own troop...

what government will force them to stay in the original troop by threat of lawsuit/jail time ? And for what? "Hate quitting" ???

It's gone too far.

Also, guys, what about those gym teachers? Surely that's a more shower-rich environment for the gays, amirite?

sure it happens every day, so?

so in your opinion parents who would feel uncomfortable if their teenagers were supervised in the shower by a gay teacher are homophobes correct?

I'm assuming if I apply for the job of supervising the cheerleaders showers you will write me a recommendation letter ?

WSS

This thread is funny

"Scout masters don't shower with their troop"

"Yeah but would you be comfortable with A GAY doing that? So no gays!"

I also love the "gay people are only doing what they are for money and fame"

But in doing so, their decision to withdraw support of the nation’s largest scouting organization has come under scrutiny by the liberal media and the leftwing blogosphere. Just days following the vote, Atlanta-area pastor Ernest Easley made national news when he advised his parishioners to cut all ties with BSA.

how about we cut the drama and stay on topic?

and the pastor was, is or will be ROUNDLY criticised for telling people to leave the BSA....

and you libs are HOWLING again for recognition and some sort of forthcoming apology for a decision like this?

scout_oath_poster.jpg

sorry, but there a whole lotta people who cant square the gay lifestyle with "morally straight"

And that group is a fringe, ignorant, misinformed minority... so who cares? Another example of a religious group that needs to open their eyes or the world will pass then by and not miss a beat. The earth revolves around the sun FYI.

also, why do you keep saying "you libs"? I don't believe I've said or asked for anything you are mentioning. (Recognition, apology, etc)

sure it happens every day, so?

so in your opinion parents who would feel uncomfortable if their teenagers were supervised in the shower by a gay teacher are homophobes correct?

I'm assuming if I apply for the job of supervising the cheerleaders showers you will write me a recommendation letter ?

WSS

So it seems now you've admitted they don't shower with the kids, without admitting you were wrong. I'll take it.

But now they're being "supervised in the shower by a gay teacher." And you imagine you might work in a job where you supervise cheerleaders showering. This is cracking me up. Again, these situations are never permitted, and are not my concerns. You'd get fired and possibly arrested for doing what you describe. So you can stop freaking out about the showering, man. They don't need to take a shower to be molested.

But I can see that you find the prospect of a gay person anywhere near a child who might have to take a shower frightening. Got it. I do not. You're basically saying that gay people are not fit to ever be in a role of parental responsibility. But they are parents, teachers, coaches, Scout leaders, etc. They perform these functions just fine.

In the same way I wouldn't care when a man who coaches a girls soccer team takes them on a trip to a tournament, I don't get automatically mad if a gay Scout leader takes his troop into the woods. I think it's normal for any parent to worry about what happens to their children when they're not there, and in the care of someone else. But this idea you have, which you keep posting, equating homosexuality with pedophilia, and gays with NAMBLA members, to me is just ignorance.

Again, I'd worry more about the nominally heterosexual man who keeps his sexual issues to himself and hasn't come to terms with his sexuality than the openly gay man who has. The former strikes me as potentially dangerous. The latter does not.

There's nothing specific about homosexuality that makes them more dangerous to me than heterosexuals. Worrying about pedophila in Scouting is an obvious concern. It's a concern with coaches, teachers, just about anyone you leave your kids with.

That's what you do as a parent - you shit yourself with worry on a daily basis.

Or let's put it this way: when I drop off my boy at preschool, I sometimes worry about the male teachers there. But not because I worry about them being gay; because I worry about them being pedophiles. I worry about the type of man who wants to work with children, not because that makes them automatically strange somehow, but because that's how pedophiles operate. They put themselves in a position where they can be alone with children. And we have a few places - the church, the Scouts, coaching, teaching, etc. - that have typically attracted pedophiles.

Libs like woody don't have morals. They are a lot like the insane criminal in "Silence of the Lambs".

No idea of right and wrong. Makes them "feel" powerful and unique. Fair makes an EXCELLENT point.

"Morally straight" goes out the window now?

No, I think it's more like what I mentioned: scouts will leave the troops. What kids want to be the one

who shares a pup tent with an openly gay kid on a camp out?

Nope. None, I think. It's a political statement, and an open op for a gay kid to be a "victim" only by

being not accepted. I used to be an assistant scout master for a while, my best friend went to college away...

I don't see it. It's just a political awareness lever. That's all.

By your logic, Steve, you must be against letting gays adopt (talk about access to showers!) and letting gays conceive children through surrogates. Also no gay coaches. Is this correct?

here's what I'm saying my friend. I'm saying that parents might have a legit concern with their children in proximity to gay men while they are showering etc. Just the same as it would be if I were supervising the cheerleaders showers.

and the only reason you are squawking is because you are unable to understand anything except the hard left fringe. and that's exactly what you always accuse everyone else of.

I gave two real world examples and you gave me some guidelines. Wonderful.

I actually find nothing wrong with men showering with each other. It happens all the time. If however someone were turned on by the sight of a naked young man I think it changes the dynamic.

WSS

Oh, so good to be back.

I was taking a heck like vacation from posting here but I had to comment on this. These guys' minds really are a bucket of worms aren't they? As if a gay can't be interested in hiking and tying knots and camping. All they think about constantly is molesting the children. To me, it shows that if you can't control your own mind you assume no one else can either. I have two sons and they will be boy scouts and you know what? Im not the least fucking bit worried about it. Furthest thing from my mind. I'd rather they be in scouts with gays than hate-mongers.

here's what I'm saying my friend. I'm saying that parents might have a legit concern with their children in proximity to gay men while they are showering etc. Just the same as it would be if I were supervising the cheerleaders showers.

and the only reason you are squawking is because you are unable to understand anything except the hard left fringe. and that's exactly what you always accuse everyone else of.

I gave two real world examples and you gave me some guidelines. Wonderful.

I actually find nothing wrong with men showering with each other. It happens all the time. If however someone were turned on by the sight of a naked young man I think it changes the dynamic.

WSS

Dude, I'm starting to worry about this fixation you have with gay men watching young boys shower. No matter how many times we point out that this isn't about the showering, you bring it right back to the showering.

And hard left fringe? Give me a break.

Now answer the questions: what else can't gays do because it makes you nervous? Gay adoption? Should they only be allowed to adopt girls so they don't watch them shower? Coaching? Teaching gym? What else can't gays do lest they use it as a way to watch boys shower?

Tell me. Because, you know, I just can't see the real world from my hard left fringe. I need your help!

or maybe not.

It's all politically inspired opportunity for victimization.

Seriously, knowing that "gay" isn't the norm, why would an "openly gay"

kid want to be a scout?

If he wanted to be accepted like anybody else, why not dadt ?

Because you don't really want to be accepted maybe? Then why join?

Interesting question? No answer?

Archived