THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns Announce Plans For Enhancing Fan Experience

tampadawgs

Cleveland Browns announce plans for enhancing fan experience

July 29, 2013 by Rick Grayshock 17 Comments

The Cleveland Browns released plans today for enhancing the fan experience at FirstEnergy Stadium on gameday. Last week, Jimmy Haslam told the media at training camp that the Browns have two long term goals that drive everything they do. The first is to build a sustainable winning team, and the second is to provide great experiences for the fans.

Today, team president Alec Scheiner unveiled some of the steps the Browns are taking to improve the gameday experience for the fans.

It started with the fans’ ability to use their cell phones and other mobile devices. The Browns have coordinated with the major cell phone service providers in the area to enhance service at a crowded stadium. Scheiner promised fans a much better signal.

The Browns would like for fans to be in the stadium and excited early. In order to get fans to their seats they have installed 20 new turnstiles around the stadium and opened 44 new security “chutes” or checkpoints. They have also added “express lanes” for fans that do not have any bags to search. The goal is to get 4,000 more fans through the gate every 15 minutes compared to 2012.

The team announced that there will be new pregame music including a DJ on the field and new video elements. Player introductions will be completely new as well. The Browns say that fans will not want to miss those introductions.

The Browns will also use a drumline this season, and what they say will be “inventive” halftime entertainment.

In addition, the Browns installed more than 100 new televisions to fan areas and upgraded the merchandise available throughout the stadium.

Obviously the best way for the Browns to pack the stadium is with a winning, exciting football team. Boosting cell phone signals, getting fans in the gates quicker and updating the in-game entertainment is not done at the expense of the former.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested in the on the field DJ and new video elements! Plus, I hope the player introductions are going to be epic...

That is where you are wrong, Hard core fans do not care, but 60% of the fans that go to games are not hardcore. Children and the Wife want more than just football

then children and the wife should stay home....

Cleveland Browns announce plans for enhancing fan experience

July 29, 2013 by Rick Grayshock 17 Comments

The Cleveland Browns released plans today for enhancing the fan experience at FirstEnergy Stadium on gameday. Last week, Jimmy Haslam told the media at training camp that the Browns have two long term goals that drive everything they do. The first is to build a sustainable winning team, and the second is to provide great experiences for the fans.

Today, team president Alec Scheiner unveiled some of the steps the Browns are taking to improve the gameday experience for the fans.

It started with the fans’ ability to use their cell phones and other mobile devices.

BFD, that doesn't thrill me, at all.

The Browns have coordinated with the major cell phone service providers in the area to enhance service at a crowded stadium. Scheiner promised fans a much better signal.

The Browns would like for fans to be in the stadium and excited early. In order to get fans to their seats they have installed 20 new turnstiles around the stadium and opened 44 new security “chutes” or checkpoints. They have also added “express lanes” for fans that do not have any bags to search. The goal is to get 4,000 more fans through the gate every 15 minutes compared to 2012.

OK, that would help. Jesus, you would think the POTUS was coming to ever game they way they slow things down for security. The onlty security they are really interested in is if you bring any food or drinks into the game that would cause you not to want to buy their shit. That is Hokey Pokey: What its ALL About.

The team announced that there will be new pregame music including a DJ on the field and new video elements.

What? So they can blast rap music....that will DETRACT from the gameday experience in my opinion. it would keep me away.

Player introductions will be completely new as well. The Browns say that fans will not want to miss those introductions.

The Browns will also use a drumline this season, and what they say will be “inventive” halftime entertainment.

In addition, the Browns installed more than 100 new televisions to fan areas and upgraded the merchandise available throughout the stadium.

Upgrade the prices on the merchandise you mean. Again, not something to thrill me. No sir.

Obviously the best way for the Browns to pack the stadium is with a winning, exciting football team. Boosting cell phone signals, getting fans in the gates quicker and updating the in-game entertainment is not done at the expense of the former.

Are you reading this...Jimmy and friends? Much of what you intend sounds like it will DETRACT from the game day experience and cause me not to want to attend. I am a casual attendee as it is....and it sounds like the few games I go to now will be reduced down to one or none.

Getting people into the stadium is something that needs to be improved. The one game a year that I attend is a pain in the ass to get through the turnstiles and I'm not carrying anything into the stadium.

I don't mind enhancing the cell service in there either.....its been like a black hole for cell signals the last couple years.

didn't someone already put up this thread, like 3 weeks ago?

hey maybe you'll get lucky and all the teams wear pink on any given sunday to support breast cancer research. (meanwhile we all know that that would send you running to the bathroom with lotion in hand).

I will mention, that just because they have a DJ does not mean that they are going to be blaring rap music none stop. It just means they are paying a dedicated person to monitor the music being played, watch the volume, and tempo, and make sure its changed up. This is instead of playing a set playlist and forcing it on the current audio/sound technician.

then children and the wife should stay home....

Heard Single and no Kids- I understand, I know that I bring my daughter and wife to games all the time. They enjoy it. Matter fact I will be down at Marlins Park this weekend for the Tribe games ( Tell tell Hoorta I brought up the Tribe) anyways the expereince to them is a big deal. Family time is important and anytime I can spend time with my daughter and go to a Browns, Tribe game is priceless something only a Father would understand

Are you reading this...Jimmy and friends? Much of what you intend sounds like it will DETRACT from the game day experience and cause me not to want to attend. I am a casual attendee as it is....and it sounds like the few games I go to now will be reduced down to one or none.

Those improvements will sell hundreds to thousands of more tickets a year.

Your one measly ticket means nothing.

Until we become perpetual contenders, stuff like this will up ticket sales as well as increase returning visits from casual fans.

And the Browns would be bankrupt.

You're a fucking idiot and I literally have zero respect for you or your opinions on anything.

Good...the feeling is mutual asshole...carry on...

That is where you are wrong, Hard core fans do not care, but 60% of the fans that go to games are not hardcore. Children and the Wife want more than just football

LOL, then the wimp fans should stay home- same wimps that want a dome or Fuchsia uniforms. From 1986 to now- it sounds like being in Church, as opposed to being at a BROWNS game. . Wiener Dog races- that's the ticket. Like being at a Cavs game- you really need the Scoreboard to tell you LOUD? Or for those who flunked remedial math the point differential?

Yes, getting more access points into the Stadium is a good idea. If you want to watch the game on your tablet sitting in the stands, or texting or tweeting- do me a favor, and stay away in some f**cking bar. We don't need your "fandom". And on a personal level, I don't need Season Ticket holders in my section putting them on StubHub to make a quick profit. I'd burn my tickets before I'd sell them to a Steeler fan.

Incidentally, this is a huge problem at Ohio State. So many people on their cellphones, local coverage is overwhelmed, and calls don't go through. I'd wager 90% of those calls are totally unnecessary.

Hoorta= will likely lose bet about Tribe over .500. Tribe will not make playoffs- Happy, Tampa? Baseball= yawn.

i see some merit in all of these. better cell coverage is great for linking up inside when u dont know each other's seats b4hand or having a quick cold one w a friend at the half, rubbing a Browns lead in an unattending rival fans face, bragging about being in the next box from Bernie or Snoop Lion (Dogg-happened to me at Heinz), quietly reporting wasted fans ruining experiences to security (im no narc and REAAALLY tolerant for the most part but some assholes just gotta go...like habitual beer dumpers on my girlfriend's kids heads) to name just a couple few.

having a DJ will help a lot. i own Back in Black on 3 forms of media and get that some fans still wear iron on Braylon Edwards and Touchdown Tommy Vardell Jerseys but that's no reason to be stuck in the Kosar era forever. hate to keep mentioning the puke but ever been to Heinz when they play that colliope music at opening kickoff and cut the music just as the kicker makes contact with the ball?? its fucking menacing. or hear about how they convert like 95% of their 3rd downs when renegade by Styx is playing? the players hear the music too...i'd even tolerate country all game long as their fight song if it gave them an edge, AND I DETEST COUNTRY MUSIC MORE THAN PASSING 10 STONES WITH NOTHING TO DRINK.

players and fans today love swagger, and if you wanna attract free agents and keep urinals from overflowing piss on the floor you gotta make a few compromises. conservate thinking brings you Pat Shurmur. im about tolerating whatever it takes to see the Browns get to AND WIN the big dance.

now if they start brewing some tasty Cleveland Brown Ale taboot...i just might get out the lotion and hit the head w some pics of Banner and Lombardi.

LOL, then the wimp fans should stay home- same wimps that want a dome or Fuchsia uniforms. From 1986 to now- it sounds like being in Church, as opposed to being at a BROWNS game. . Wiener Dog races- that's the ticket. Like being at a Cavs game- you really need the Scoreboard to tell you LOUD? Or for those who flunked remedial math the point differential?

Yes, getting more access points into the Stadium is a good idea. If you want to watch the game on your tablet sitting in the stands, or texting or tweeting- do me a favor, and stay away in some f**cking bar. We don't need your "fandom". And on a personal level, I don't need Season Ticket holders in my section putting them on StubHub to make a quick profit. I'd burn my tickets before I'd sell them to a Steeler fan.

Incidentally, this is a huge problem at Ohio State. So many people on their cellphones, local coverage is overwhelmed, and calls don't go through. I'd wager 90% of those calls are totally unnecessary.

Hoorta= will likely lose bet about Tribe over .500. Tribe will not make playoffs- Happy, Tampa? Baseball= yawn.

1.Good old Hoorta "Me bad ass, me hit women over head with boom stick, me cave man, women and children should know there roll' Thats why people like you do not work for the Browns..Let me think about this for second

2.Make game more family friendly= More fans go to the games = more $$$

Upgrading Uniforms= More Money

3.I to tell everyone here we do not live in the 70s-80s anymore

4.Hoorta- Your a piece a shit

Those improvements will sell hundreds to thousands of more tickets a year.

Your one measly ticket means nothing.

Until we become perpetual contenders, stuff like this will up ticket sales as well as increase returning visits from casual fans.

Please explain to me just how this is going to help? It all seems so shallow. Are people really going to now march out and buy tickets where they wouldn't before because they....good golly miss molly....now can get better cell phone service? Or have a DJ playing music? Or have a drumline? Are we playing football? Or Quidditch?

Maybe I just don't get it. Only the quicker entry is something tangible that I see as an improvement.

having a DJ will help a lot. i own Back in Black on 3 forms of media and get that some fans still wear iron on Braylon Edwards and Touchdown Tommy Vardell Jerseys but that's no reason to be stuck in the Kosar era forever. hate to keep mentioning the puke but ever been to Heinz when they play that colliope music at opening kickoff and cut the music just as the kicker makes contact with the ball?? its fucking menacing. or hear about how they convert like 95% of their 3rd downs when renegade by Styx is playing? the players hear the music too...i'd even tolerate country all game long as their fight song if it gave them an edge, AND I DETEST COUNTRY MUSIC MORE THAN PASSING 10 STONES WITH NOTHING TO DRINK.

So? You think playing Styx takes us out of the "Kosar era"...here is something else from that era: Gag me with a spoon.

OK, IF you must have a DJ, play something that can get your blood boiling. Though I wouldn't want a lot of rap, there is one song that can do this, I have to admit:

I'd have to say, I'm glad my dad didn't leave me home in the mid 60"s. You become a fan when you're a kid, and allowances have to be made for them at games. I didn't always pay attention to the games, but the Browns became part of my make up. I take my smartphone to all of the games, and use it for scores and replays. I never call anyone whether I'm at the game or not. My wife goes to all of the games too, and she calls people all of the time.

All the Browns did was bring our stadium "experience" up to date with everyone else.

Of course, there is this ubiquitous song. I am not sick of it....yet:

one of the best songs of the last fifteen years.

i agree with hoorta about the cell phone and tablet crap at the game. sure if you've got money on the game or are a big fantasy guy it's cool to check the #'s out, but the last thing i want to hear is a chatty kathy sitting next to me screaming about how she got her nails painted orange for the game and "ooooooo look at me the camera is pointed towards me!! am i on TV???

i'd purposely vomit on her lap.

Please explain to me just how this is going to help? It all seems so shallow. Are people really going to now march out and buy tickets where they wouldn't before because they....good golly miss molly....now can get better cell phone service? Or have a DJ playing music? Or have a drumline? Are we playing football? Or Quidditch?

Maybe I just don't get it. Only the quicker entry is something tangible that I see as an improvement.

Die Hards go for the game, casual fans go for the experience.

I remember reading somewhere after Ray Lewis retired that it was postulated his entrance ritual was responsible for like 5% of the attendance during his career. It was a pretty cool study, I'll see if I can find it.

Part of the reason college football is so much bigger than the NFL in the south is because the college football atmosphere is so much more fun. Tailgating is better. The drumline is better. The student section doing stupid choreographed shit is better. The dumb rituals that everybody does are better.

You don't really get that at too many NFL games. So they're trying to bring in casual fans another way.

Winning is the only thing that will get us interested, but there are a hell of a lot more non fans in the area that there are people like us.

Would you rather go watch a shitty soccer team play in a shitty stadium with no perks, no entertainment, old music and no atmosphere or a stadium with a bunch of other stuff to take your mind off of how shitty the team is

The "wimp" fans are keeping the Browns afloat,

All the season ticket holders are locked in, all the Die Hards have the games they're going to picked out. Those "wimps" fill the rest of the seats.

Without them, we'd be in Jacksonville's shoes.

I remember reading somewhere after Ray Lewis retired that it was postulated his entrance ritual was responsible for like 5% of the attendance during his career. It was a pretty cool study, I'll see if I can find it.

Part of the reason college football is so much bigger than the NFL in the south is because the college football atmosphere is so much more fun. Tailgating is better. The drumline is better. The student section doing stupid choreographed shit is better. The dumb rituals that everybody does are better.

You don't really get that at too many NFL games. So they're trying to bring in casual fans another way.

Winning is the only thing that will get us interested, but there are a hell of a lot more non fans in the area that there are people like us.

Would you rather go watch a shitty soccer team play in a shitty stadium with no perks, no entertainment, old music and no atmosphere or a stadium with a bunch of other stuff to take your mind off of how shitty the team is

Why on earth would you bring up soccer? Now, that is one game where you would definitely need distractions to keep your attention during the game.

As far as I can tell, in a 90 minute soccer game, you have about 5 minutes of excitement if and when a team actually decides to attack the goal instead of playing patty cake in the center of the field ad nauseam

The "wimp" fans are keeping the Browns afloat,

All the season ticket holders are locked in, all the Die Hards have the games they're going to picked out. Those "wimps" fill the rest of the seats.

Without them, we'd be in Jacksonville's shoes.

I dunno, I think that after having losing seasons in 12 of the last 14 seasons, it is the Die Hards who come with a Vengeance that keep the team afloat.

Fortuneately the Browns, unlike other markets....or unlike other teams in town, do not have a ton of fair weather fans. The loyalty has remained despite the losing.

And certainly, unlike other markets, the Browns are obviously not getting the effing FRAKs. Losers who jump on the bandwagon of winners.

Why on earth would you bring up soccer? Now, that is one game where you would definitely need distractions to keep your attention during the game.

As far as I can tell, in a 90 minute soccer game, you have about 5 minutes of excitement if and when a team actually decides to attack the goal instead of playing patty cake in the center of the field ad nauseam

Because you feel about soccer the way the casual attendee feels about the Browns.

Perfect example: I'm near Charlotte and plan to take my girlfriend to the first pre-season game on the 9th. I literally could care less about the Panthers or what happens on the field. There's plenty of people who live in larger markets like this. A lot of people enjoy getting out and seeing a live sports venue no matter who is playing. I enjoy BOA stadium in Charlotte because it's fan friendly, has fun stuff to do in and around the stadium and is near to me. I guarantee 50% or more of people in any NFL stadium fit that criteria. To make a few changes to get those butts coming back would be moronic not to do honestly.

if you lived in Europe and soccer was "the only game in town" I suspect you would be a big a fan as any.

Archived