THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns Announce Plans For Enhancing Fan Experience

tampadawgs

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So then he's actually referring to me, and not one of the homoerotically-altered handles that reflect the mods' own same-sex fixations.

I was just referring to the Iron City (or Rolling Rock) swillin' hard hat type, not you in particular. No offense meant. As opposed to San Francisco's wine & cheese crowd. :)

And I would say your continued condoning of this homoerotic handle policy tells me all I need to know about your own sexual proclivities.

My proclivities are toward making fun of stupid Steeler fans.

But, I agree, the moderator that does that could/should come up with more clever ways to do it than just juvenile sex references. Get much more creative.

They have enhanced things in Berea too:

Renovations 'key' to culture change

Posted 15 hours ago

By Matt Florjancic, Staff Writer

Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam spent $5 million renovating the team’s Berea training facility with the goal of attracting and retaining the NFL’s best and brightest.

When Jimmy Haslam was unanimously approved as the new owner of the Cleveland Browns on Oct. 16, 2012, he spoke of changing the environment within the organization and setting out on a course to create a “winning culture.”130819-joe-banner-nai2.jpg

Haslam furthered that commitment during his first offseason as an NFL owner by approving a $5 million renovation which revamped 37,000 square feet of the 90,000-square-foot Berea training facility, and brought an additional 68 people from FirstEnergy Stadium to Berea.

On Monday, Browns chief executive officer Joe Banner gave the Cleveland media a tour of the renovated facility.

“I think we’ve changed the culture very dramatically,” Banner said. “I think it’s going to take longer to change the direction. I think it’s going to take a lot longer to change the perceptions outside to what we think is starting to happen.

“We’re in a ‘prove it’ business. Over time, we’re confident we’re going to do everything we can to prove it. Internally, it’s changed very dramatically. I’d be surprised if anybody said they weren’t optimistic and confident that we’re going to get to where we say we’re going to get to. Outside is going to take time. We’ve planted the seeds.”

In changing the culture within the organization, attracting and retaining the best talent were key elements of the Browns’ renovations.

“Our big, overriding goal is to create a place where we could attract the best people in sports to want to come and work here, have them walk in the office and feel like it felt right, and create an environment where once they got here, we’d really get a chance to hold on to good people for a long time,” Banner said.

“When Jimmy made the investment in renovating this place and wanting this to be a first-class place, in his mind, in my mind, the primary rationale was attracting good people, creating this continuity that we want in creating an environment so that even as we get good enough that people are hiring our employees, there will still be a really good case to be made for why this is the place they want to stay.”

By attracting and retaining the best people in sports to work in the front office, Banner feels that is “the key to winning.”

“As we bring people in here, I think they’re going to walk in and it’ll be a totally different feeling than they would’ve gotten last November,” Banner said. “Whether it’s a coach or somebody in the business area, somebody whose involved with enhancing the fans’ experience, I think we’re going to be in a position to attract and keep them.

“I think it’s important to be thought of as an organization that has an owner who’s willing to put the money out there and run a first-class organization. We ask our players to go out and, literally, risk their health every Sunday. They need to know that the people they’re working with are doing everything they can to be the best they can possibly be. That’s an important message. On all fronts, I think that will help us.”

By attracting and retaining the best people in sports to work in the front office, Banner feels that is “the key to winning.”

“As we bring people in here, I think they’re going to walk in and it’ll be a totally different feeling than they would’ve gotten last November,” Banner said. “Whether it’s a coach or somebody in the business area, somebody whose involved with enhancing the fans’ experience, I think we’re going to be in a position to attract and keep them.

“I think it’s important to be thought of as an organization that has an owner who’s willing to put the money out there and run a first-class organization. We ask our players to go out and, literally, risk their health every Sunday. They need to know that the people they’re working with are doing everything they can to be the best they can possibly be. That’s an important message. On all fronts, I think that will help us.”

You want to enhance the fan's experience? Start by taking a long hard look at the nightmare entrance policy you just created, NFL. NO camera cases, NO binocular cases (I almost lost my softshell at the Lions game). Mini- purses for the ladies, no seat cushions.

http://www.nfl.com/qs/allclear/index.jsp

But don't worry about that stick of dynamite I have strapped to my back.

You want to enhance the fan's experience? Start by taking a long hard look at the nightmare entrance policy you just created, NFL. NO camera cases, NO binocular cases (I almost lost my softshell at the Lions game). Mini- purses for the ladies, no seat cushions.

But don't worry about that stick of dynamite I have strapped to my back.

Easy there, Hoorta, that's like saying "bomb" in an airport.

Remember, Skippy has his season tickets yanked and was called intoLew Merletti's office for posting in our forum that he threw bottles at Bottlegate.

Zombo

I was there for the Lions game the other day, and my Verizon phone still worked like crap. Very slow texting and the 3g network kept cutting out. The 2 only differences I saw were the new signs for First Energy. And the fire the players walked through at introductions

NO binocular cases

I have a small pair....the soft case is the same size as a small clutch....I wear it on my belt.....I wonder if that will get flagged?

I suppose I could wear the binoculars around my neck and put a lip balm in the case, maybe a pack of tissues, and sashay up toe to heel and act gay.

My proclivities are toward making fun of stupid Steeler fans.

But, I agree, the moderator that does that could/should come up with more clever ways to do it than just juvenile sex references. Get much more creative.

nah, leave it, when they complain about it or put in their signatures that it bothers them... you know its working.

Looks to me that the NFL is bowing to terrorism like so many other American institutions.

Besides paying outrageous ticket prices the fans are now forced to pay for over priced food and drink.

The probability of dying from a terrorist attack is on par with being struck down by a lightening bolt. Thank you Uncle Sam for the protection because we dumb American just don't understand how to take care of ourselves.

Terrorism wins again while Americans continue to absorb the ongoing erosion of individual rights.

Can't wait to sit next to a lady at the game holding a freezer bag full of douche, sanitary napkins and Midol.

Easy there, Hoorta, that's like saying "bomb" in an airport.

Remember, Skippy has his season tickets yanked and was called intoLew Merletti's office for posting in our forum that he threw bottles at Bottlegate.

Zombo

I knew that before I posted. :) Well, the tickets aren't officially in my name- I could claim I'm just a guest disgruntled at the moronic restrictions, pointing out holes in their "security". They should give me a couple years worth of free tickets for doing so. MHO is those dickheads who made up the rules have their heads up their asses about what REALLY could cause a problem. It's already on Twitter it's a gambit by the NFL to have the women buy team branded clutches and plastic bags. One of the ladies (Browns fan BTW) came up with a marketing plan http://thebroadsside.com/2013/06/26/491/

You want GAY? Next time, I might tell the asshole at the gate it isn't a binocular case, it's my fucking purse- it could pass for one, and for kicks and giggles see what they do. BTW, the couple sitting right in front of me pulled that exact gambit- I was just a little slower on the uptake.

Seriously- you want me to put a pair of $500 Fujinon binoculars or a $600+ Nikon SLR digital camera in a fucking plastic bag? Kiss my ass. But it's OK to watch the game from your seat on your smartphone with a Directv anywhere Sunday ticket download.

I have a small pair....the soft case is the same size as a small clutch....I wear it on my belt.....I wonder if that will get flagged?

I suppose I could wear the binoculars around my neck and put a lip balm in the case, maybe a pack of tissues, and sashay up toe to heel and act gay.

And just how would that be any difference from your normal behavior? ;)

Archived