Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

Dog. No motherfucking loyalty. Cribbs put everything on the line for us. Don't fucking talk about Cribbs.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well all I have to say is this better work out. We are trading the 3rd overall pick from less than 2 years ago for a much lower 1st round pick next yr. We should have gotten at least a player in return or another pick in my opinion. If they screw this up I expect Lombardi and Banner to be shown the door quickly. If it works I will be the first to heap praise in them. I am very skeptical.

From what I was seeing, TR wasn't going to light it up this year anyway.

With what we have on O currently, I think just about any decent RB is going to give us similar results (sub par), so this is almost a non factor to me right now.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted TR to be the next coming of Jim Brown or Barry Sanders . . . I just wasn't seeing it for a #3 pick.

Oh, an we hit 2363

4-12 or 5-11 would be better than what we are in for. What do you think the line for Sunday will go to?

Cribbs is coming off injury. I'd like to see him run a little Wilddog in Chuds offense. Gotta be better than what we're gonna have now.

Jeez.. if you thought last week was Boring.... just wait until sunday. If I was Gordon I'd be BLOWING A HUGE BLUNT IN BANNER FACE.

Dog. No motherfucking loyalty. Cribbs put everything on the line for us. Don't fucking talk about Cribbs.

So we should pay a guy 5+ million a year in a SALARY CAP league just to be loyal when it's clear he has NOTHING left in the tank? I loved Cribbs with the Browns, for many years he was the only reason to watch this team play but the dude was done the last year or two and the fact that he was cut by the Raiders and not picked up by anyone in the NFL proves the point.

He was DONE...

Cribbs is coming off injury. I'd like to see him run a little Wilddog in Chuds offense. Gotta be better than what we're gonna have now.

Jeez.. if you thought last week was Boring.... just wait until sunday. If I was Gordon I'd be BLOWING A HUGE BLUNT IN BANNER FACE.

I don't know if you've watched football lately, but the WildDawg crap is starting to become extinct. Hardly any teams run it anymore. Miami's coach tried to hold onto to that from the Patriots upset a few years ago and got shown the door.

Yep...clearly you are right...all 32 teams are wrong about him. Just like you were exactly right and Colt McFuckingCoy was going to lead the Browns to the playoffs when we all told you he was done in Cleveland.

Take a fucking big hit on the bong and pass out and then go become a Colts fan...

I don't know if you've watched football lately, but the WildDawg crap is starting to become instinct. Hardly any teams run it anymore. Miami's coach tried to hold onto to that from the Patriots upset a few years ago and got shown the door.

This is extremely confusing. I think you mean extinct.

Seriously, could someone who is excited about getting the first round pick please explain to my why they think that first round pick will work out? You're assuming we'll get someone better than Richardson. I'm afraid we'll get someone worse than a 30-year old QB who still can't play.

Richardson has done nothing. Dion lewis looked better than him. At this point ANY first round pick is better to me. Running backs are a dime a dozen and their stock has dropped. I guarantee the vikes would trade Adrian Peterson for a great quarterback right the hell now if they could.

Does Haslam need bail money? Can we get a bag of cotton candy for Haden? Was it Lombardi that thinks you can win without a RB? Who needs an offensive line anyway? Watching paint dry will be more exciting than Browns games this year. I miss Lerner already!!

If you miss Lerner you are insane. Randy Lerner never gave the first shit about football.

Hi, I've been a Browns fan for decades, but I am new to these boards. I joined specifically to discuss this issue, but I'll be around from now on.

I see a lot of people saying they are glad about the trade or Richardson needed to go or something similar. I agree that Richardson wasn't going to hoist the team onto his back and carry it deep into the playoffs. My question for those people, however, is how they believe the Browns benefitted from this trade. Do you believe the Browns are somehow ahead because they got what's bound to be a mid- to late-first round pick? What on earth would make anyone believe that was a benefit to the Browns? Last year the Browns had two first round picks and they took Richardson and Weeden. How can you possibly have faith that a mid- to late-first round draft pick is going to be better than TRich? As far as I can tell, that's completely baseless. Basically, they've traded a solid running back (regardless of your personal opinion, the Colts and the rest of the sports world seem to think he's worth WAY more than the Colts first-round pick) for a chance to make another in what has historically been a long list of drafting mistakes.

Browns FO obviously see something in TRich they didn't like. durability? attitude? Could be a combination of both and more. They realized their predecessors vastly overvalued his ability to be a marquis playmaker, he is not that guy. review his performances from games 1 and 2 and I think you will understand better why he is not a good match with the Browns. I see this trade as damage control. the browns need to compensate now before TRich's value begins to deteriorate....and it will deteriorate.

Somebody please explain to me what this pack of incompetent fuck tards has done so far that leaves you all so confident

that they'll actually draft the the right guy??? NEXT FUCKING SPRING!

Let's start with owner is a crook!!!

The stellar job they did in the coaching search?you remember the one where Chip Kelly made 'em look like bumbling idiots

Was it the swell job they did on the last draft?where we got uh?? wait... uh ??? oh yeah a 200 lb DE.

The game changing free agent class??? where they filled the 1 or 2 positions of need ??like CB?? Kicker??

Or maybe it was training camp??Look how well that turned out...traded a guy we were gonna cut for a starting RG...oh...wait ...no that didn't happen...brought in a house full of RBs...none of which actually made the team...Then cut all the fucking kickers!!!

Yea...I can't see how this could possibly turn out bad for the Browns :blink:

Look I really don't give a shit about TR(way over rated) but this draft is going to come down to probably 2 hot name QB's and Clowney...And no matter how you spin it we'll be right back to being 2 to 3 yrs at best away from being relevant in the NFL.

I wasn't crazy about the Mingo pick, but from what I've seen so far I thing he is going to be worth it.

A RB in the top 5 or 10 better damn well be a Jim Brown/Barry Sanders/etc. caliber RB - Trent is good, but he's not shown those qualities to me (as of this point, and I do like him).

Chip Kelly was just maneuvering to get the job he wanted, he never had any interest in the Browns.

FA - we picked up what looks to be two pretty good FA's to me - don't want to go overboard in this area IMO.

Bess was a good pick up as well (not really FA).

We've had a $*** load of injuries, we're playing freaking Cousins (a lousy OT) as our OG, I'm looking at this improving this year with the return of injured players.

The consensus is that the 2013 (this year's) Draft was exceptional weak.

We're loaded for Bear (10 picks currently) for next years Draft which is supposed to be a very rich Draft.

This Regime may end up sucking, but so far I'm seeing them willing to shake things up and make an effort at improving this Team.

Unfortunately this is going to take a little time, but their actions seems to suggest that they are speeding up that process.

When some of our previous Starters and Backups can't even make the Back positions on other Team, that's telling me something is seriously wrong here.

I commend the fact that at least this FO "Kicked the Tires" so to speak of the players we currently have, and are in the process of keeping the good and cutting the bad (we didn't know we had).

Richardson has done nothing. Dion lewis looked better than him. At this point ANY first round pick is better to me. Running backs are a dime a dozen and their stock has dropped. I guarantee the vikes would trade Adrian Peterson for a great quarterback right the hell now if they could.

Maybe for Aaron Rodgers but not for Eli Manning. Richardson was an above average back on a horrible offense. He'll be successful with the Colts.

haha, I miss lerner too. this is collection of baffons and crooks, cutthroats and backstabbers.

I was gonna bonfire everything until I thought of my Bernie Kosar plaque and remembered it's not all bad. I was looking forward to watching Richardson for many years and Haslam better rescind this trade or he can count me and mine OUT>

Actually, it seems to me like QBs are easy to get if you know where to get one. Russell Wilson seems to be working out okay, as does Collin Kaepernick, but we drafted Weeden. My point is that the problem with the Browns hasn't been a lack of picks, it's been not picking the correct players. So forgive me if I don't think another 1st round pick is a great deal for the Browns. I don't see recognize it as a guarantee (or even a good chance) that we'll get anything better than Richardson.

Here is an interesting idea. GM for the day let say we get #2 and #15 who you taking? That's what makes me nervous do Brett Hundley and Sammy Watkins make us any better than Weeden and Richardson?

I haven't seen enough of Hundley to be sold just yet but I'm for sure sold on Watkins. There would be a lot more potential in that pairing the 28 year old Weeden and a power running back in Richardson.

4-12 or 5-11 would be better than what we are in for. What do you think the line for Sunday will go to?

I honestly don't think it will change a whole lot.

The biggest plus TR was giving us (with our current OL woes) was his receiving skills, but we weren't even using those to any extent this year.

haha, I miss lerner too. this is collection of baffons and crooks, cutthroats and backstabbers.

I was gonna bonfire everything until I thought of my Bernie Kosar plaque and remembered it's not all bad. I was looking forward to watching Richardson for many years and Haslam better rescind this trade or he can count me and mine OUT>

Guess we won't be seeing you around here much anymore. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. I'm sure there's a Colts message board that you can join...or you can go join up with your boyfriend Colt with the Niners, or you can follow Josh Cribbs on the....um...err....uh...oh that's right..he's not playing anywhere right now but you think he' should've been resigned.

Glad we won't be seeing you around here much anymore...don't kill any of your pets over this though...

Archived