Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I may express my opinion as a Colts fan, I think it's a good trade for both teams. Let's face it, the Browns probably weren't going anywhere anyway, and this gives them more ammo in next years draft to get a true franchise QB. If the browns eek out a few wins and finish with the 3rd or 4th pick in the first round, this second 1st round pick can be thrown in to move up. If I were a browns fan, I wouldn't be too upset over this.

Actually, there are a bunch of colts fans who do not like this trade. I am not one of them. I think it will work out for both teams.

Bunch of young guys around here, Walker had 6 years in two leagues before he was traded.

Yup. And the Cowboys got a BUNDLE for him.

Today, the Colts basically said, "So,... a CHANCE to pick an unproven college kid who may not work out for the guy who actually ranked 9th in the league in rushing last year behind a weak O-line? We'll take it!"

Yup. And the Cowboys got a BUNDLE for him.

Today, the Colts basically said, "So,... a CHANCE to pick an unproven college kid who may not work out for the guy who actually ranked 9th in the league in rushing last year behind a weak O-line? We'll take it!"

It sounds so bad when you put it like that.

Even if we did want to tank to get a good QB next year. A Rookie Qb's best friend is a great running game and running back. Trent would have been a 3 year savy vet by then and would have done wonders for our next Qb's learning curve. But that's gone now.

Look at the RAvens. Would Flacco be as good without a Ray Rice, it's a team gentleman. I honestly believe that Chud will lose this team now. It's over.

I actually googled (you can do this too) cleveland sports championships. and the first link was Drought (sport). 1964. I think we can agree that doesn't really count.

We actually can't. We pretty much deal in facts on this board. Now go away to your dirty, stupid city.

If I may express my opinion as a Colts fan, I think it's a good trade for both teams. Let's face it, the Browns probably weren't going anywhere anyway, and this gives them more ammo in next years draft to get a true franchise QB. If the browns eek out a few wins and finish with the 3rd or 4th pick in the first round, this second 1st round pick can be thrown in to move up. If I were a browns fan, I wouldn't be too upset over this.

Actually, there are a bunch of colts fans who do not like this trade. I am not one of them. I think it will work out for both teams.

It's weird that the Browns never had the chance before to use two first round picks to move up in the first round and get a franchise QB... oh wait... they did and they botched it. Again, I'm aware that this was done by a different group, but that doesn't mean this group will have better luck. Just like every year, there will be multiple teams gunning for stud rookie QBs. Just having two first round picks does not guarantee we will get one.

Ya we over paid for him, but why is that used as an excuse to get rid of him? The team is literally saying, here is a player that is worth a mid to late-ish round pick... and we are just going to trade him before week 3. All this move says is that they have given up on the season with 14 games left to play, that they don't give two shits about the fans. Make the damn excuse that you building towards your team goal, but try selling me that shit in the offseason, not two weeks into the regular season. This lay down and die bullshit. Whats even worse is they won't admit it. "Hey season ticket holders, thank for giving us all that money, hopefully these wiener dog races really pan out!"

For arguments sake, let's just TR is "good", not great/exceptional.

There are a lot of RB's that can fill this role.

Maybe it's our OL (quite possible).

This isn't something that's likely to lend itself to a quick fix, especially since it's in at least it's second+ year as unit.

Could be our Blocking scheme.

Maybe Trent just doesn't work (burst/speed/recognition/whatever) with - this probably isn't going to change.

Square Peg, Round Hole syndrome.

TR is/may be exceptional, we're just not able to use him to his best (all other pieces considered) in our current scheme.

Do we change everything to focus on supporting our RB (who may be injury prone) at the expense of other positions?

It'll take time, a change of personnel, and the expense of our Franchise QB search.

Seriously, is it worth it?

He may be getting close to retirement by then (from one thing or another).

Simple answer is, I just don't think we can efficiently/effectively use him with what we have now.

I think we're actually doing Trent a favor by at least giving him an opportunity to show what he has - I don't think he'd have the time here to really accomplish that.

Even if we did want to tank to get a good QB next year. A Rookie Qb's best friend is a great running game and running back. Trent would have been a 3 year savy vet by then and would have done wonders for our next Qb's learning curve. But that's gone now.

Look at the RAvens. Would Flacco be as good without a Ray Rice, it's a team gentleman. I honestly believe that Chud will lose this team now. It's over.

Then we'll see you next season...

Bye...

But are any of them any good?

Talk is that they are, but who can really guarantee anything in the Draft?

I at least think the odds are pretty good from what I'm hearing so far - the Season is early in both Pro an College, so it's really just a wait and see how things shake out at this point.

We didn't get a guarantee with TR either, just have to wait and see.

I don't know if you you know this or not..but, you're..from...cleveland. A far cry from the Hamptons. We might be bankrupt (well the city, not us suburbanites) but you're all bankrupt at heart with your fanhood. You have absolutely nothing..at all. 0...zilch. nothing to look forward to. I wish there was a chant clever enough we could give you guys. But were too busy winning to think of one.

Go fix your car on the front lawn.

Unbiased view from a Dolphins fan:

You guys did well today. A couple points:

1) I'm a fan of Trent Richardson. I know about his playing with broken ribs last year, how tough he is, etc. In today's league, he is not the centerpiece that you build around.

2) Did you get fair market value? Probably not. Here's the thing - how much more were you going to get? Who, of the Jacksonvilles, Jets, Raiders, etc...were you going to trade him to? You got a first round pick for him.

3) Newsflash: The Colts are NOT winning he Super Bowl this year. You're going to end up with a draft pick somewhere in the teens. The Colts are flawed. A THOROUGHLY imperfect (but growing) Dolphins team just showed the entire planet how to beat Andrew Luck. In his house.

4) The 2014 draft is going to be absolutely ripe with talent in the first round. Your team should have three solid picks. You've got a monster left tackle, a great CB, and a beast at TE. That's good stuff to build upon. In today's league, RB are a dime a dozen. It's not necessarily about a first rounder. It's about two or three middle-rounders. See: Morris, Alfred. See: Foster, Arian.

5)...and my final point...there's something to be said for a team willing to blatantly suck in the attempt to go after good draft picks. In an unrelated aside...I'm a 76ers fan. For YEARS, I watched that team fight the good fight, refusing to lay down like other teams did in an attempt to get better lottery odds. They were doing the right thing, right? Right? Wrong. Guess what their new management team is doing this year? That's right...blatantly tanking to go after Andrew Wiggins. And God bless them for it.

Your new management team sees the writing on the wall. Trent Richardson was a luxury that will quite simply NOT lead the Browns to a championship. He just won't. They cashed him in for a chip to be played in the 2014 draft.

Honestly, if I were a Browns fan, I'd be partying every Sunday as the Browns violently tank their season in an attempt to secure Bridgewater.

Because holy crap...if the Browns get Bridgewater and a monster pass rusher and wideout in the first round...THEN you have a reason to get excited. Fast.

As a Fins fan who watched every play of the Fins/Browns and Fins/Colts games...I suspect you will be unhappy with this.

1) I'm a fan of Trent Richardson. I know about his playing with broken ribs last year, how tough he is, etc. In today's league, he is not the centerpiece that you build around.

2) Did you get fair market value? Probably not. Here's the thing - how much more were you going to get? Who, of the Jacksonvilles, Jets, Raiders, etc...were you going to trade him to? You got a first round pick for him.

3) Newsflash: The Colts are NOT winning he Super Bowl this year. You're going to end up with a draft pick somewhere in the teens. The Colts are flawed. A THOROUGHLY imperfect (but growing) Dolphins team just showed the entire planet how to beat Andrew Luck. In his house.

4) The 2014 draft is going to be absolutely ripe with talent in the first round. Your team should have three solid picks. You've got a monster left tackle, a great CB, and a beast at TE. That's good stuff to build upon. In today's league, RB are a dime a dozen. It's not necessarily about a first rounder. It's about two or three middle-rounders. See: Morris, Alfred. See: Foster, Arian.

5)...and my final point...there's something to be said for a team willing to blatantly suck in the attempt to go after good draft picks. In an unrelated aside...I'm a 76ers fan. For YEARS, I watched that team fight the good fight, refusing to lay down like other teams did in an attempt to get better lottery odds. They were doing the right thing, right? Right? Wrong. Guess what their new management team is doing this year? That's right...blatantly tanking to go after Andrew Wiggins. And God bless them for it.

Your new management team sees the writing on the wall. Trent Richardson was a luxury that will quite simply NOT lead the Browns to a championship. He just won't. They cashed him in for a chip to be played in the 2014 draft.

Honestly, if I were a Browns fan, I'd be partying every Sunday as the Browns violently tank their season in an attempt to secure Bridgewater.

Because holy crap...if the Browns get Bridgewater and a monster pass rusher and wideout in the first round...THEN you have a reason to get excited. Fast.

Right. Which is all very good in theory, until... you recall that we just did it two years ago. "If we get Luck or RG III and a great WR, we could really be headed somewhere! We have two first round picks!" We got Richardson and Weeden. Weeden was never worth that pick and now a lot of people here believe we're better off having a later 1st round pick than having Richardson. Like I said, just having the picks means very little. It's only getting something with them that means something.

And if Morris and Foster are your proof that there's no need to draft RBs early, then I could point to a few QBs who prove the same point. And if that's true, what is it exactly that's so exciting to us in the first round?

Good post. It is sad that so many Browns "fans" post the ranting Fbomb dribble here and it takes other fans to post something like this.

Lol, so Gordon, who ranked 38th among receivers last year, has the potential to be an elite WR. Richardson, who ranked 9th among RBs last year, was average at best and we're better off to be rid of him. Is that right? I'm not saying that Gordon is bad or that he won't eventually be good, but it seems like we're taking radically different approaches to how we're viewing Gordon and Richardson. How is it that Richardson is a bust and Gordon has elite potential?

And I agree that it does take time for the pieces to come together. That's why I think it was a little premature to dump Richardson for one pick.

Have you really watched Gordon?

The kid is amazing for his experience level.

Richardson, we ran too death last year (one decent thing Shurmur did), and he did quite well receiving.

If you actually look at his YPC it's very sub par, especially for an "elite" RB.

Hardesty's YPC was higher than Trents, and his explosion through the line was impressive.

For Trents style/skillset/whatever, we just don't know how best to use him, so I think both he and us are better off under the current circumstances.

Breaking News - The Browns have cut their longtime "fan" PoeticG. When asked to comment Banner and Chud attempted to explain but were unable to speak as they were buried in the bullshit the Poet was slinging. While he has been cut thus far he is still hanging out on the Browns board. They are currently looking for a solution to his continued infection of the board. Stay tuned more to come............

Right. Which is all very good in theory, until... you recall that we just did it two years ago. "If we get Luck or RG III and a great WR, we could really be headed somewhere! We have two first round picks!" We got Richardson and Weeden. Weeden was never worth that pick and now a lot of people here believe we're better off having a later 1st round pick than having Richardson. Like I said, just having the picks means very little. It's only getting something with them that means something.

And if Morris and Foster are your proof that there's no need to draft RBs early, then I could point to a few QBs who prove the same point. And if that's true, what is it exactly that's so exciting to us in the first round?

QB talent falls off dramatically after the first round. RB talent does not. It's just the way the NFL game is played now. There are FAR more 1st round QBs starting in the league than first round RBs right now.

There are four things you need to do well to succeed in today's NFL:

1) Pass the ball

2) Catch the ball

3) Kill the opposing QB with your D-line

4) Keep your opponent from catching the ball.

I think your new managerial structure sees this. They know they have 3 and 4 partially done. With the exception of Cameron, they do not have #1 and #2. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they get that in the 2014 draft.

Good post. It is sad that so many Browns "fans" post the ranting Fbomb dribble here and it takes other fans to post something like this.

Except the Browns have two first rounders, not three.

If we get a pass rusher in the first round, I will fly to Ohio and punch Lombardi in his wife's face.

If we get a pass rusher in the first round, I will fly to Ohio and punch Lombardi in his wife's face.

Yeah, my error. I don't know why I thought the Browns had 3 first round picks.

(Seriously, how the hell did the Rams get all those draft picks for the next two years? Holy crap.)

If TR's replacement comes in and lights it up, I would love that. That would be great. That doesn't change the fact that this was a bad trade, though. They could have gotten more for Richardson. That's the whole point. We don't have access to what they potentially could have gotten, obviously, but the experts seem to believe this trade was ridiculously lopsided and Bob Irsay himself was celebrating about how little they gave to get Richardson. They could have gotten more. It was a bad trade.

Not saying this is fact, but Trents display for us has been fairly ordinary.

If that is truly the case, then we robbed the Colts.

Odds are, we just don't have the personnel to support Trents style, but if that's not the case, then it's an entirely different story.

Right now I'm primarily looking at this as we need some ammo to put together a Team that can win consistently.

There are unfortunately going to be some sacrifices to make that happen.

The Status Quo of last several Regimes haven't shown that they can do it, all we have is the current Regime.

I'm waiting an watching.

Thats funny, I do not think Lombardi had a lot to do with all of this. Sounds like Banner was the one. I think

Breaking News - The Browns have cut their longtime "fan" PoeticG. When asked to comment Banner and Chud attempted to explain but were unable to speak as they were buried in the bullshit the Poet was slinging. While he has been cut thus far he is still hanging out on the Browns board. They are currently looking for a solution to his continued infection of the board. Stay tuned more to come............

I hear he's been picked up by the Niners...

I appreciate (sincerely) the insightful comments, even if I don't necessarily agree with each detail of them. I do, however, think that there is a little bit of self-soothing and possibly a little anti-Trent bias going on here. If this was a good trade for both sides, wouldn't some of that sentiment be showing up in the media? The vast majority of what I'm hearing and have heard are shock, disbelief, and confusion. I've heard plenty of non-Browns people say something to the effect of "What in the world are the Browns thinking?!" I've not heard a single report where someone said, "Man, the Browns really got a first round pick for Richardson? Score! They made out like bandits!" Response to this trade hasn't been even and, to me, that's one indication among others that it was not an even trade.

Now, are the experts always right? Nope. Is public opinion always right? Nope. COULD it work out in the Browns favor? Sure. But I wouldn't say that it's difficult to understand why some Browns fans (and not under-informed ones who just want their jersey money back) might not appreciate this as a "good trade" for the Browns.

Archived