Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

I became loyal to Richardson after he was a Brown... But drafting any RB in the first round is MORONIC.

Dion Lewis looked better. Running backs are plug and play and TRich lacked some of the basic habits required to be an effective RB. We can plug in any RB off the street and get similar production. The only thing that is rare in a RB is elite speed/burst like McCoy, AP, or Chris Johnson, and TRich woefully lacked in that department. The ability to turn 3 yards into 4 is much less important than turning 4 yards into 40.

Never take a RB in the first round, much less the top 5. We will plug in some scrubs for the next decade and not miss a beat. TRich lacks the elite qualities in the top tier of running backs. He is a very good receiving option IMO that was his top quality.

This league is run by elite quarterbacks. And I think the FO is doing all they can to ensure we find one. I'm not sure we will suck enough for Bridgewater, but now we have the ammo to go after Boyd if he is in reach.

What is Curtis Painter doing? I say he'd make a fine starter for this squad.

2013 Browns: Tank for Teddy, Getting Ready for Teddy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't live in Cleveland, never have, so I'm a Brown's fan by CHOICE not by where I live and I've watched the media and you fans run the greatest coach of this generation, sure fire Hall of Fame's Bill Belichick (189-101-0 18-8 playoffs, 3 Super Bowls) out of town

We ran Belichick out of town?

So much for another superfan...

Fuckin factory of sadness.

Some of you ppl are either blinded by bias or are complete morons.

TR was a workhorse back that is easily a top 15 back. He doesn't have break out speed, but how many backs do? He has been running behind LITERALLY THE WORST Oline in the league. Who in the league could run much better than 3.5yds/carry behind the likes of Cousins, Greco, and Schwartz? ****birds chirping****

So we trade a serviceable back that would be a great tandom with Lewis when healthy, for a wild card mid to late 1st rd pick.

What prospects are out there that were targeting? I don't see this is a great draft. Our pick (likely top 3) WILL NOT have the franchise QB we're looking for. Bridgewater, Boyd, Manziel....these guys aren't the answer for us IMO. So......we're going to take another QB that's not the right fit and gamble on a late 1st rd WR/RB/OL etc.

We only needed a QB, another WR for little, at least 1 more OG, and another CB. now we need another workhorse back to compliment Lewis.

I don't like this trade, not going try to spin it positive. It's bullshit wishful thinking, at best.

Frustrated.

HAAAAAAAAAAAA workhorse my ass......workshorses don't touch the ball 12-20 times a games..This ain't Earnest, Kevin, Bernie to Slaughter....1st down!! sparky

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A front office that "GET"S IT"

It does no good to have a 500hp twin turbo if all you have to put it in is a Yugo. This line is a Yugo...it sucks...it can't pass block, it can't run block. The Browns, NOT EVEN IN HINDSITE, should never have drafted Richardson and Weeden, we knew it then we certinally know it now. The Browns passed on all pro Matt Kaili and future all pro Chance Womack. Thomas,Greko, Mack, Womack, Kaili. Who cares who the running back is...even Weeden could stay upright behind that line. Maybe with the mistakes made with Quinn and McCoy the Browns would have a wideout who can CATCH THE BALL. It's funny how Greg Little develops "short arms" accross the middle. Our line has mastered the LOOKOUT BLOCK. They miss their block turn and yell " LOOK OUT WEEDEN!!!!". The average life of a NFL running back is less than 5 years. Richardson was already damaged goods BEFORE he was drafted, and was damaged further last year behind a better line. Remember the Browns passed on Adrian Peterson and no one keeps bringing that up because of Joe Thomas, even Peterson couldn't run behind this line.The longest average career is held by offensive linemen so doesn't it stand to reason to build your team from the front back? You never see linemen buy the running back a Rolex when he makes all pro or gets the big contract do you? It's alway the other way around. You never see the O line take the QB out for dinner if he keeps them sackless do you? That's always the other way around too

The only fault I see in the trade is I would have like to see a 3rd or 4th round pick if the Colts finish with say the 20th or lower pick..Last year if I recall they picked 24th. This will go down as either the trade that started the turnaround or the one that finished the franchise for good. I don't live in Cleveland, never have, so I'm a Brown's fan by CHOICE not by where I live and I've watched the media and you fans run the greatest coach of this generation, sure fire Hall of Fame's Bill Belichick (189-101-0 18-8 playoffs, 3 Super Bowls) out of town but kneel at the alter of Sam (47-50-0 0-2 playoffs) and think Marty ( 200-126-1, 5-13 playoffs)almost in the same light. You genuflect at the name Bernie(53-51-1) and think Brian (57-55-0)was great

Time to get over yourselves

uhm, Belichick left with Modell to baltiwhore asshat

We ran Belichick out of town?

So much for another superfan...

You sure did....Let me remind you of the sign...JUMP ART....AND TAKE BILL WITH YOU.... and yes buttercup the local media HATED Bill because he answered every question "YES" or "NO" they could NEVER get a sound bite from him

Come back when you know what you're talking about

Let's see...

I'm offered my first HC job by the team I grew up rooting for...

Should I take it? or...

Should walk away from that because they are not destined for greatness five minutes after I sign...

Hmmmmmmm...

Lotta good posts there Cowboy, but that tweren't one of them.

You misunderstood what I was saying, or perhaps I wasn't clear. I wasn't asking why he took the job. I was asking how he took the job and didn't know what he was getting. Chud was hired in January, which (to me) means he should have been studying up on the Browns before that. This is September. How is he just now figuring out that Richardson isn't what he wants. Had he figured that out before the draft, we could have maybe had a 2013 pick and been a year ahead on this thing. Or we could have had another running back lined up.

Now, I'm sure you guys will say "Well, he needed time to see how it was going to work," and I'm glad, because didn't about a dozen people on this forum claim to know that Richardson was "sub-par" because last year's YPC wasn't high enough? If a bunch of guys on a forum can figure that out from looking at one stat, why does it take an NFL coach until Week 2 of the regular season to see he's not the guy?

See where I'm coming from, Chief? Someone's wrong here. Either a layman can't tell whether he's good by looking at last year's YPC, or Chud should have been able to tell before now. One of those has to give.

Oh, and btw, for those YPC fans. I'm not a huge Bettis fan, but I've heard his name mentioned for Hall of Fame consideration. Do you know what his career YPC was? 3.9. Early in his career, he had years where his YPC was 3.2, 3.5, etc. Whether he gets in or not is irrelevant. I think we can agree that there's a fair number of people that would tell you that Bettis was a good RB (I'm not even really one who would admit it), even though his YPC wasn't great at times or over his career as a whole.

See where I'm coming from, Chief? Someone's wrong here. Either a layman can't tell whether he's good by looking at last year's YPC, or Chud should have been able to tell before now. One of those has to give.

Yup and I still stand by my first reply... no way does he pass on the job.

As for taking time to identify team needs... I said after the draft that they were taking a year to be sure of what they had and shortly thereafter that's what they came out I said. Not hard to understand given that they moved from WCO to vertical on one side and 4-3 to 3-4 on the other, but stockpiling mid-round picks was the dead giveaway.

I found it refreshing that they actually took their time and admitted that was what they were doing. God knows we've had plenty of quick fix artists fall on their faces... including the legendary Paul Holmgren, who undid the best thing we had going since our return to bring in "his guy"... and then panicked in his final year producing an all-time bust of a draft.

I can wait an extra year for this bunch to get it right... but they need to get it right. Jury's gonna be out a while, but if they fail it won't be for lack of effort... or due to panic.

A few weeks ago a lot of us had hopes for a possible wild card season, maybe even the division; now in only week 2 we have essentially thrown in the towel, that's what really sucks.

HUH???

Maybe in your dreams....The team is twiggy thin (as we see now) up front, Have 1 corner back and subpar safeties and wideouts that run 8 yards on a 3rd and 10

PLAYOFFS????

What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.

yea but by your estimation it seems like 20/20 hindsight

I dont mind Chud making this evaluation and pulling the trigger...

He (indirectly) did that a few years back as o coodinator when Frye was traded - DA started and well., got our hopes up again for a while at least?

So Chud is GM too....Banner/Lombardi must be really surprised you fired them

Any Anti-Trent bias that comes from me is a direct result of certain "Browns Fans" who are now claiming to be done as Browns fans as a result of this trade.

You know who you are..

I actually have reversed my "I don't give a shit" attitude!!! It reminds me the years when the Indians had Thome, Manny, Nagy in the minors and traded for Sandy Kenny and Carlos.

I believe this trade will be the foundation or will end this franchise....it's that big...Bigger for Cleveland than the Colts

I would be asking myself why, as a candidate to be a HC for a professional football team, I didn't realize that before I got there.

He was talking owner not coach as the team was 4-12 in Learner's last year and 5-11 under new ownership

Chud inherited a 5-11 team sparky and to get MY shot......I would even coach the CLEVELAND CLOWNS BROWNS

It makes sense from a future standpoint but I wait to see how it's handled. You are telling the current players and fans that this season is lost and it is week 3. Richardson wasn't taking this team to the playoffs but he at least made it more interesting. Now this team is completely talentless on offense.

Ah "The Night Watchman" got off work- So many, many comments coming, took me a bit to wade through the 18 pages. As a season ticket holder, ^+1, I don't believe you weasel Banner, and I'm not buying your BS. You officially threw the season in the tank, mid September. We've sucked since 1999, and you're telling me to hang on for a few more years? So you got maximum value for Richardson- and you want to tell me a washed up Willis McGahee is any better? THIS YEAR?

We just joined in the Bridgewater Bowl. Even if Dumtardi pulls another Joe Montana, Jim Brown & Jerry Rice out of his ass in the 2014 draft, I don't see the rookies taking us to the Super Bowl in 2015- and sorry, I'm running out of years- and patience.

Well Couple of things

1. Trich Fantasy Value just went thru the roof!!!!!

2. Good Luck Obi as your the starting running back

3. This will not be the last move

4. There is another team in Cleveland busting there ass for something, just not allowed to say what team :)

5. Thank God for Fantasy Football

Dear Tampa, please post all you want to about the INDIANS Apparently, the Browns Front Office doesn't give a shit about how many games they win THIS YEAR.

Have you been to one this year, and if so, did you plan on going to any others.???

I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Right close to the Georgia line.....587 miles from home to my my hotel in Berea. I do 6 games a year

I am not protesting SHIT! We decided to cut bait and go a different way. I am good with that.

So Mr. Poet.....don't go to games you weren't going to attend anyway, complain all you like. I will still be in in the stands 6 games a year, and yes, that makes me a better fan.

Indeed!

"Peen, it's more of the same old, same old. Sure, Richardson and Weeden have shown to date they weren't worth where they were drafted- problem is- until proven otherwise, Lombardi and Banner have shown nothing to prove that they can do any better.

So, you come out here all the way from out of town, with your money, and you go to 6 games a year, well, who do you think is supporting them while your in Tenessee, it's the fan's here in NE Ohio! The one's that fly the orange and brown banners, this is Browns Town BITCH! who the fuck do you think supports this team during training camp? Were you at Family Fun Night? We were! And now...we wont be...This ain't my Browns, they did US dirty, you don't trade Haden, you don't trade Joe Thomas, and you don't trade Trent Richardson! So I don't give a fuck what the fuck you for now on, but this ain't my team anymore, this is a fucking Pet Cemetery, mistake by the lake, they did Cribbs dirty, Vickers, Winslow, Edwards, the list goes on... Blue Chippers, you don't trade! Fourteen year's ends now! I don't need to commit Suicide, the Browns did it for me.

Please PG, I know you're POED about them trading your hero- but take a look at the guys you just mentioned- 1\2 of them are out of football now. :)

Archived