THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 3 Game Impressions: Browns @ Vikings

Tour2ma

The Ravens only allowed the Texans 9 points. Their defense is sadly, still pretty solid outside a opening game fluke imo. I see no reason to "pile on" Brandon Weeden. He isn't the answer, but he isn't the problem. The problem is a poor OL, poor WR(with no Gordon to boot). Once the braintrust fix those problems, a QB can succeed. A good QB can win a super bowl.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree on Weeden. He hasn't played poorly at all. I think we saw how much we needed Gordon to help open things up. In the games Weeden played he had no thumbs Little covering his back.

Lot's of luck with that.

Where are you white flag waiving assholes now?All you losers gave up before the first snap of the game.Your not fans your cry babies.

I agree with that as well. Just a bunch of knee jerkers when they aren't jerking something else.

JMO.

I'm not about to get into an argument about QBs, but I WILL say that Hoyer threw 2 TDs on fade routes that Weeden HASN'T yet shown that he can throw. I like the quick decisions from Hoyer.

While we didn't beat a great team, we played aggressive football on BOTH sides of the ball, had 6 sacks & MANY hurries/disruptions. We played this game to WIN & WIN we did! Take joy in that folks!

Mike

Who said this? Gordon has the potential to be one of the greats. Please do not pull another Paul Warfield trade!

Did you miss the whole Gordon / Little are on the trade block thread?

They've already had a serious offer on Gordon, and interest in Little as well - go check the other threads.

It's been renamed" According to Adam Schefter"

Where are you white flag waiving assholes now?All you losers gave up before the first snap of the game.Your not fans your cry babies.

from all that was coming out of cleveland this week via national media and what banner had to say himself you would have thought that THEY were throwing in the towel.

all on this board want the browns to win. that's it. the words 'tanking for teddy were sure thrown around hear alot but not out of my mouth. it all fell on the line of whether or not you, as a fan, think the browns had made a good trade. it took some longer than others to come around to it, some still haven't.

IMO i hope we have a QB on this roster that WILL win us 9 games (my prediction before the season). that way it puts too much pressure on banner NOT to go for a QB @ #1 pick. we have too many other holes to fill.

Yeah all you faggots come in here after the game is over and talk. How many guys were here with us during the game? get out of this thread and start your own. Come back when you're a real fan.

we all were in the browns tavern. you'd know about it, if you had been here longer than a week.

What mik said... The tavern be jumping this week...

Love ya too T2M- but go watch the replay Hoyer's arm is marginal. However, he can hit WRs in stride, has touch on his passes, and despite the 2 bad picks (his arm got hit on the 3rd) shows anticipation Weeden can only dream about.I saw Brian avoid about 4 sacks that Weeden would certainly have taken. Hoyer may not be the long term answer, but he sure as hell is the long term bakcup.

He can zip the ten-yard out and the 15 yd square in. Did both today... and like I said that's good enough to compete. Just like Sipe... still may not be enough to go all the way, but for now I'll take it.

Hoyer showed the difference between qb's who can SEE the the FIELD in an instant or two...

Not to mention before the snap...

It's been fun to read the progression of mood in this thread.

Mood early... now shift is from how bad we are to how good we are...

no arguments dude. just saying that's where a lot of us go. live chat during the game.

and you did come off calling someone a faggot so i mighta sounded too harsh.

I wasn't having a go at you just the guy that came in here trashing the browns after a win. If the Tavern is the place to be I'll go next game. I just didn't like the vibe I was getting. Sorry if i offended anyone.

What mik said... The tavern be jumping this week...

He can zip the ten-yard out and the 15 yd square in. Did both today... and like I said that's good enough to compete. Just like Sipe... still may not be enough to go all the way, but for now I'll take it.

Not to mention before the snap...

Mood early... now shift is from how bad we are to how good we are...

Right, but Weeden does some thing better than Hoyer. You can't live in a vaccum. The offense was the same lame duck after the Vikings adjusted to the prevent aided TD. Until the OL and WR are upgraded, they will continue to have bad moments no matter who the QB is.

The offense definitely looked a lot more fluid with Hoyer running the show it'll be interesting if they let him keep the job next week and how he'll fair against Cincy.

The Vikings are not a very good team at this point.

The tale of two halves thing continues as far as coaching goes and is getting a little worrisome.

Loved the aggressive decisions towards the end of the first half was a breath of fresh air after dealing with Mangini and Shurloss' conservative style.

The D is starting to convince me they are for real, still in disbelief though after 13 years of being amongst the bottom 5 in rush defense.

If LomBanner trades Gordon fans will go into total revolt.

I wasn't having a go at you just the guy that came in here trashing the browns after a win. If the Tavern is the place to be I'll go next game. I just didn't like the vibe I was getting. Sorry if i offended anyone.

not at all fellow browns brother.

D started out like they'd quit.

O went down the field and scored, and that seemed to give the D life

Gordon got showcased big time - big factor in the game on multiple levels.

First half the Browns came out with fire.

Second half, we started stumbling all over ourselves, was looking like the same old story we've seen over and over.

McGahee made a few mistakes that really cost us, not blaming him as he only had a day or two to practice.

Hoyer managed to put together the last gasp drive to give us the go ahead score.

D managed to hold off the Vikes last drive with 50+ secs left.

Heck of a game, but we really need to work on our second half game - both O & D.

Did you miss the whole Gordon / Little are on the trade block thread?

They've already had a serious offer on Gordon, and interest in Little as well - go check the other threads.

It's been renamed" According to Adam Schefter"

Yes, I guess I did.

Joined the board last Sunday, should I read all the previous threads before posting? Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.....geez.

D started out like they'd quit.

O went down the field and scored, and that seemed to give the D life

Gordon got showcased big time - big factor in the game on multiple levels.

First half the Browns came out with fire.

Second half, we started stumbling all over ourselves, was looking like the same old story we've seen over and over.

McGahee made a few mistakes that really cost us, not blaming him as he only had a day or two to practice.

Hoyer managed to put together the last gasp drive to give us the go ahead score.

D managed to hold off the Vikes last drive with 50+ secs left.

Heck of a game, but we really need to work on our second half game - both O & D.

agree 100%

i think the word adjustment isn't in the browns coaching staff's dictionary.

Hey, we scored 31 points, I don't think I've seen that out of this Team in a regular Season game long time +

Ya, 31 is about double what we usually see. Get rid of the INTs though and we would have been looking at 45 - 10 type of score. Nice end of game drive for a TD....haven't seen that shit in ages and a stop by the D to seal it on the road. And it makes my buzz nicer too!

Hey, we scored 31 points, I don't think I've seen that out of this Team in a regular Season game long time +

Not only that, but they came back late to win. They needed to learn how to win like this.. This win was huge for these players & coaches.

Mike

Hello everyone. Over the years I have read this forum, and It's awesome to see what other Browns fans think about the team. I am from Alaska and I grew up a Browns fan. To be honest with everyone (considering this is my first post ever) I chose this team because of two reasons. One: No football teams In Alaska. 2: I read about how the Browns got ripped out of Cleveland and the fan base (correct me if I'm wrong) demanded the team back. Not just the team though, the colors, the history, and the name back. I found that inspiring. I have been a big time Browns fan because of YOU fans, and I own that shit- even owning a Tim Couch jersey. <sigh> So, here I am in Utah defending my favorite football team with my roommate who is from fucking Minn. I just thought you guys that are from Cleveland would like to know that here in Utah, me and my teammates from Canada (I play collage hockey) root BIG TIME for the browns. You fans from Ohio made me the fan I am today, and if I get the time away from hockey next year, I will be coming to Cleveland to watch OUR team because of this fan base. Anyway, I just wanted to sign up and let everyone know that I will always be a Browns fan. Also, I'm not sure if this is what to do, I've never posted before...

Couple Viking reflections:

• AP is a really scary RB to face. It really did feel like he could break one a any time... and nearly did a couple times. Only some inspired tackling by TJ and Hughes among others kept him in check. Watching TR the Indy/SF game brought this to mind because that same feeling was not there.
  • Word was that the Vike's WRs were to be feared. Either that was wrong or our DBs got better in a hurry after looking like they missed the team bus on that first drive. We had good pressure to be sure, but we had good coverage as well.

Other Browns thoughts:

• Our D is as athletic as I have ever seen it. Great example was the tip ball by Robertson. The announcer said something about "Ponder never saw him." I say a QB usually does not have to factor in a LB 15 yds in front of his WR. Robertson got up quickly and stretched to the max to get a piece of that throw.
  • We have a pass rush... no need to say more.
  • JT is a stud. I predicted he'd handle Jared Allen and only heard his name called once in passing. No one should ever post that "our O-line sucks" as long as JT is our LT.
  • With the exception of one very ugly 2nd half series, the O-line as a whole seemed to pass protect better. Will have to hit the "tape" to confirm, but I think there was ample reason to be encouraged even at our reduced strength.
  • Gordon... again, no need.. but I will here say more. Gordon made the entire passing game better. Even Little, who I said is inspired by Gordon, snagged 3.
  • RBs... saw glimpses of a ground game for first time this year. Line still has a way to go, but backs were hitting what holes there were hard.
  • Special teams solid excepting the one "muff" by Travis "Tiny-Ass" Benjamin... Forget your belt?
  • And lastly, Chud... dude you showed your brass today. Fake punt and FG? Had you not gone for it we at best are driving at the end of the game for a TD to tie it... a much different situation than the one we faced.

Hello everyone. Over the years I have read this forum, and It's awesome to see what other Browns fans think about the team. I am from Alaska and I grew up a Browns fan. To be honest with everyone (considering this is my first post ever) I chose this team because of two reasons. One: No football teams In Alaska. 2: I read about how the Browns got ripped out of Cleveland and the fan base (correct me if I'm wrong) demanded the team back. Not just the team though, the colors, the history, and the name back. I found that inspiring. I have been a big time Browns fan because of YOU fans, and I own that shit- even owning a Tim Couch jersey. <sigh> So, here I am in Utah defending my favorite football team with my roommate who is from fucking Minn. I just thought you guys that are from Cleveland would like to know that here in Utah, me and my teammates from Canada (I play collage hockey) root BIG TIME for the browns. You fans from Ohio made me the fan I am today, and if I get the time away from hockey next year, I will be coming to Cleveland to watch OUR team because of this fan base. Anyway, I just wanted to sign up and let everyone know that I will always be a Browns fan. Also, I'm not sure if this is what to do, I've never posted before...

Hey, welcome to the board :)

I haven't lived in the Cleveland area for a long time.

In fact, I was living in Alaska right when Bernie Kosar came to the Browns - some good times then.

Currently living on the West Coast, and I believe there are a few others from the WC on here as well, I know we've Atlanta and many many other areas covered.

You're in good company.

Archived