THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 3 Game Impressions: Browns @ Vikings

Tour2ma

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the bottom line. What separates good and bad QB's is putting up points during winning time. That's exactly what Hoyer did. Yeah, he threw 2 bad int's but he threw 3 nice TD passes.

I'm never, especially with the Browns, one to start the party after one game. But there's no excuse to not start Hoyer next week and see if he can build momentum off this start. Also, Gordon could be really special if he just gets his off the field crap out of his life.

Hoyer wasn't anything good. He was a one read, checkdown QB with Gordon back. You can't tell me Weeden would not have put up big numbers today. The Vikes will be lucky to win 5 games.

Oh dude, if you could not see the difference I cannot explain it to you...

Weeden would not have put up big numbers today. There... I told you and it was not even difficult to do so.

The vikes were a playoff team last season. I'll take the win without the "its only the vikes" admonishment

My broker tells me "Past results are no guarantee of future performance" all the time. I think same is true of football.

I think the Vikes are sliding this year...

Oh dude, if you could not see the difference I cannot explain it to you...

Weeden would not have put up big numbers today. There... I told you and it was not even difficult to do so.

My broker tells me "Past results are no guarantee of future performance" all the time. I think same is true of football.

I think the Vikes are sliding this year...

Yeah, I saw the difference. On the otherside of the field. The Vikes are one of the least talented teams on defense in the league. Hoyer checkdown's faster than Weeden, which threw them off for awhile. Then nothing to the prevent. Seen it several times. Hoyer is not our future.

Hoyer wasn't anything good. He was a one read, checkdown QB with Gordon back. You can't tell me Weeden would not have put up big numbers today. The Vikes will be lucky to win 5 games.

Hoyer had his moments and i agree that he was less than spectacular for most of the game.But he made throws that Weeden can't. The TD pass to Gordon...........Weeden would have thrown that 5 yards too far. Hoyer is not the answer.........i think we all know that. he just proves how much weeden sucks.

That was Hoyer's 2nd NFL start, and he now has a 4th qtr comeback win. He looked impressive at times, and struggled at times, but I loved his poise and accuracy.

Hoyer had his moments and i agree that he was less than spectacular for most of the game.But he made throws that Weeden can't. The TD pass to Gordon...........Weeden would have thrown that 5 yards too far. Hoyer is not the answer.........i think we all know that. he just proves how much weeden sucks.

Long term Hes surely not the answer but he is the starting qb of the browns for now and I hope he plays great and pulls wins out of his ass like today. Next year's draft be damned, this afternoon.

Hoyer checkdown's faster than Weeden...

Exactly, faster reads than Wheezy...

And here I was saying you did not see it...

Shame on me... B)

That was Hoyer's 2nd NFL start, and he now has a 4th qtr comeback win. He looked impressive at times, and struggled at times, but I loved his poise and accuracy.

I was impressed, as he really outplayed my expectations. However, he has a bit of a noodle arm and he still made some bad decisions. He gets another start regardless of how Weedens thumb feels.

Yeah all you faggots come in here after the game is over and talk. How many guys were here with us during the game? get out of this thread and start your own. Come back when you're a real fan.

we all were in the browns tavern. you'd know about it, if you had been here longer than a week.

A win is a win... even only against the Vikes... and remember folks it was only against the Vikes.

horta... love you man, but Hoyer's arm is good enough. He zipped several balls today... It's good enough to compete in this league.

But the BIG question is, "Is Hoyer the one? The one to take to the mountain top?"

Actually I still doubt it, but we'll see. The task may now be to find a heady QB with a better arm.

Also for all you TR lovers... did you happen to notice how early AP fell to the wayside once MN was down to us in the first half. Watch for the same in the Indy game.

Love ya too T2M- but go watch the replay Hoyer's arm is marginal. However, he can hit WRs in stride, has touch on his passes, and despite the 2 bad picks (his arm got hit on the 3rd) shows anticipation Weeden can only dream about.I saw Brian avoid about 4 sacks that Weeden would certainly have taken. Hoyer may not be the long term answer, but he sure as hell is the long term bakcup.

Long term Hes surely not the answer but he is the starting qb of the browns for now and I hope he plays great and pulls wins out of his ass like today. Next year's draft be damned, this afternoon.

Oh hell yes.......he starts.........he has earned that. I hope he wins every damn game and the Browns win the SuperBowl but i don't see that happening.

I was impressed, as he really outplayed my expectations. However, he has a bit of a noodle arm and he still made some bad decisions. He gets another start regardless of how Weedens thumb feels.

He will get more than 1 more start. The FO hates Weeden, and he is essentially done in Cleveland barring injuries.

Hoyer showed the difference between qb's who can SEE the the FIELD in an instant or two,

and those who don't. I think the Browns would have won the last two games if

Hoyer had started. Gordon is amazing, hope he is on the right track. And gutsy, aggressive

coaching. Everybody loves that !

Hoyer made some throws into tight windows that Weeden otherwise would have missed.

Sorry, not seeing that. He checkdowned against a defense not ready for it and got a prevent TD. The Vikes are not a good team. If you don't think Weeden wouldn't have put some big points up against them with Gordon back, it represents everything that is wrong with fan analysis.

Archived