THE BROWNS BOARD

Freeman just got cut

letsgojackets

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

drop campbell pick up freeman. let freeman and hoyer compete in camp. a change of scenery is what someone needs a lot of times. he's already shown he can lead a successful offense. change of scenery might do the trick and chud, turnes, and lombardi like mobile QB's, which was part of the reason we brought in hoyer, he's way more mobile than weeden and campbell

drop campbell pick up freeman. let freeman and hoyer compete in camp. a change of scenery is what someone needs a lot of times. he's already shown he can lead a successful offense. change of scenery might do the trick and chud, turnes, and lombardi like mobile QB's, which was part of the reason we brought in hoyer, he's way more mobile than weeden and campbell

you'd keep Weedon over Campbell? why?

Freeman does appear to suck pretty badly. We are force fed a lot of Tampa's games here, and they are not fun to watch. He struggles to do anything correctly.

He may have a lot of talent, but talent is dime a dozen. He's regressed a lot over the past couple seasons. He's done.

As for cutting Campbell, do it. Do it regardless. Find a guy that cares. Find a guy that is hungry. I'd be surprised if he knew we won last week.

The guy has the Vince Young symptoms and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. It's obvious the guy has athletic ability but at the QB position especially your mind has to be in the game. His isn't and it showed on the field the past two seasons. The way I see it is we have a guy who is 2-0 and already have a 1st round pick with the writing on the wall. No need to add to that.

yeah BUT watch what you are all saying.

josh freeman was the white man's ben roethlisberger 2 years ago.

1st rounder, big and strong.....jon gruden sucked that dic for months. just like many are ready to suck boyds or bridgewaters.

the guy got drafted in the first round for a reason as did weeden. but one's got 10 years of NFL life left in 'em.

i wouldn't sign him just cuz he would fuck up any magic that hoyer and his receivers have right now. to hoyer, weeden is an afterthought.

bringing in freeman wouldn't sit well with him.

one or the other.

I doubt if he is too worried where he goes. he is still getting paid by the bucs for doing nothing. it's not like he needs to money right away to keep the lights on back at the condo.. he'll get his posse together and start in on a drug fueled orgy of sex, lobster and prime rib. wish I was invited.

I'm confused. What do Bridgewater (6'2", very mobile) and Freeman (6'6" statue) have in common? Aside from one of them is black and the other is Mestiza? They both have big time arms but Bridgewater is WAY more accurate and has excellent pocket awareness.

One went in the 20s... the other will go #1 overall. They are NOT equals.

i don't know what is going on, but i think ANY move after the TR trade would just cause chaos within the ranks and lead to a lost season, whereas right now these guys feel invincible.

not saying freeman wouldn't be a good sign BUT if you were a player (as seen tonite.....the OLine let weeden get whacked while stepping aside a full-out blitz) how much loyalty do you have to throw around? i mean, i get it. you're a pro. do you're job.

but lot's of times things are done by personal feelings and sentiment.

i can't believe that when everything looks like we are on the edge of going over the top and actually moving forward at full throttle, that our homeboy QB is injured and might be out for the season.

which leads me to ask this: do you now (seeing as how he is hurt) cut ties with hoyer and sign someone like freeman, have weeden start until he blows, throw freeman in until he blows and just go all in on the ugliest most over-inflated QB draft in the last decade?

if you are joe banner right now this morning and you realize hoyer's knees are blown out.......WHAT WOULD U DO??

i can't believe that when everything looks like we are on the edge of going over the top and actually moving forward at full throttle, that our homeboy QB is injured and might be out for the season.

which leads me to ask this: do you now (seeing as how he is hurt) cut ties with hoyer and sign someone like freeman, have weeden start until he blows, throw freeman in until he blows and just go all in on the ugliest most over-inflated QB draft in the last decade?

if you are joe banner right now this morning and you realize hoyer's knees are blown out.......WHAT WOULD U DO??

Assuming Hoyer's out for the season - because this could all change otherwise - I'd give him someone to compete with for the starting job, and pick up a third low round QB. I don't think that the competitor will be Weeden or Campbell, though.

Hopefully, though, Hoyer gets back some time in the year and gets another chance.

Give him a one year contract and give it a go if Hoyer out for season.

Please, please change that avatar.

i don't know what is going on, but i think ANY move after the TR trade would just cause chaos within the ranks and lead to a lost season, whereas right now these guys feel invincible.

not saying freeman wouldn't be a good sign BUT if you were a player (as seen tonite.....the OLine let weeden get whacked while stepping aside a full-out blitz) how much loyalty do you have to throw around? i mean, i get it. you're a pro. do you're job.

but lot's of times things are done by personal feelings and sentiment.

Not sure if the o-line can't stand him, (they're playing for their jobs too) but fans have said when Weeden gets sacked, no one picks him up. It's obvious Mik- Brandon doesn't have the reaction time to be a top level qb.

I'd be just as concerned about picking up a running back as another QB.

We got about 90 yards on the ground, out of about 290 total. Not great numbers, but we don't *need* an awful lot more than that - another 20 yards and we'd be saying the position is sorted. I'd leave it for now, unless someone worthwhile becomes available, and address it in the offseason.

Archived