THE BROWNS BOARD

Our options?

LBC mike

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the FO to make a deal to bring back Colt McCoy about now?

• Hell Yes! Anything better than Weeden right now.
    • Hell NO, what we have here now is a better option.

1. Keep playing Weeden for the remainder of the season.

2. Start Campbell and put Weeden on the bench

3. Cut/Trade Weeden start Campbell and pick up a bandaid quarterback.

4. Pick up a prospect player from another team. bench Weeden and Campbell.

I want to win. the three win streak tells me we can do it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorryto tell u guys but I don't believe anything is gonna change. Like I've said up untill the holy floater he was playing good enough to win. The offensive play calling was college double A at best. We did not run enough bottom line. For Christ sakes that play was on 1st down and the lions knew we were throwing. Don't like weeden fine I understand that but maybe they should be looking to run the rock a little more. The lions had there ears pinned back half way thru the 3rd and not once expected a run.

Like i said weeden will be the starter next week. Heard it here first boys!!!

Sorryto tell u guys but I don't believe anything is gonna change. Like I've said up untill the holy floater he was playing good enough to win. The offensive play calling was college double A at best. We did not run enough bottom line. For Christ sakes that play was on 1st down and the lions knew we were throwing. Don't like weeden fine I understand that but maybe they should be looking to run the rock a little more. The lions had there ears pinned back half way thru the 3rd and not once expected a run.

Like i said weeden will be the starter next week. Heard it here first boys!!!

That's hardly a shocking prediction. Of course he will be the starter.

Outside of the Benjamin run, we were still averaging around 5 YPC. Should have pounded the rock more, I agree. However, the Lions front 7 is as good as any in the league and I can see why we didn't.

I'm so tired of halftime adjustments. We adjust ourselves out of the game more often than not. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Schwartz is hardly a mastermind, the defense did not change from what they've been doing in the second half all season long. We had five games of film on them, I could have told you that they would dial up the pressure once they get ahead and hope for mistakes.

This game was lost by Weeden, but the playcalling sure didn't help anything. Without our DST generating a touchdown or two per game, we can expect to see more losses like this.

Weeden is a detriment to the success of the team.

of course we should have run more, we had over 100 yds in the 1st fucking half. I was at the game so I couldn't really tell what the big adjustment they made that apparently spooked Norv out of running more. But whatever. It wasn't "all" on Weeden...we had another couple crucial drops on balls that Weeden threw perfectly so fuck if I know.

I put allot on Weeden. no game management, plays in panic mode, seems the game moves too fast for him still, the play calling was not bad we had open players on the field, run game was suffecient, we are running the ball by committee, gordon with 126 yards, cameron was a non factor (open a few times) we had this game.

I put allot on Weeden. no game management, plays in panic mode, seems the game moves too fast for him still, the play calling was not bad we had open players on the field, run game was suffecient, we are running the ball by committee, gordon with 126 yards, cameron was a non factor (open a few times) we had this game.

yeah we did, we dominated them the 1st half.

If Weeden takes that sack, it's 2nd and long.

Instead it was the game, how is it not his fault?

Our defense was pillow-like, I must say. Detroit kept themselves out of the end zone in the 1st half, and they realized it was there for the taking in the 2nd.

But we were in this game, and Weeden 'weeden'd' us out of it.

I'd look for anything out there as a pick up who could be better than Weeden (which is nearly anyone).

Matt Cassell in Minnesota

Matt Flynn

Tim Tebow

Matt Leinart

David Carr

This list makes me throw up in my mouth a little! Look Weeden no doubt helped us lose the game. There is no doubt he is not the long term answer at QB. There is no doubt he lacks field vision and he thinks to slow. There is no doubt your list is ridiculous. If you expect anyone to believe any QB on that list will make a difference you need to quit drinking earlier in the day. Your post later about Eli is equally laughable.

This list makes me throw up in my mouth a little! Look Weeden no doubt helped us lose the game. There is no doubt he is not the long term answer at QB. There is no doubt he lacks field vision and he thinks to slow. There is no doubt your list is ridiculous. If you expect anyone to believe any QB on that list will make a difference you need to quit drinking earlier in the day. Your post later about Eli is equally laughable.

^1000%

ok people you're still pissed we lost but don't grab your pitch forks and torches just yet.

leading all 5 games at the half and then coming out and losing half of those, is not on brandon weeden.

Which part is laughable....You don't think the Giants would at least consider it? Why wouldn't we consider it?

Everyone on that list is better right now today than Brandon Weetarded..

The QB's on your first list are all proven losers. Not one of them is capable of being a solid NFL starter now. You can include Weeden in that list, I will give you that. There is however no reason to trade a turd for a different turd. They will both float and stink!

Regarding Eli and giving up two first rounders HELL NO. If he was playing well and dominating MAYBE. There is no way you gamble two first rounders on him at this point not knowing why he is playing so poorly.

I am not saying bringing in another QB is a bad idea. I am saying your list doesn't have that guy in it.

I'd offer them one of our first rounders for Eli and I would probably give them both for a guy with 2 super bowl rings and a sieve for an offensive line this season.

I can agree as far as offering our lowest 1st round pick. I have to admit I would pull that trigger fast.

Offer the Giants one or both of our first round picks for Eli.

No way, no fucking way in hell we should bring in another pocket squatter unless it's the older Manning. Young Eli gets "murdered" here in Cleveland. His brother the onsite OC makes it work cause he knows who's gonna get close to him or blitz him before they do...he's a fucking Jedi i'm not joking, not even slightly. The dude is Yoda with his shit. Eli, he has to have the right situation to win...which is not here in Cleveland.

There's way too many good young qb's coming out this draft to give even a late 1st rounder for Eli. We have him study under Hoyer next season, that's got to be the plan. We'll likely need that 2nd 1st rounder and possibly even a 3rd 1st round pick if we get over on someone with Gordon.....on a tall Seattle style DB or if there's a megatron type WR out there.

Yeah..those 6 yards he led us to in the 3rd quarter was awe inspiring.

Funny how the play calling and the o-line looked so much better with a different QB.

i'm not disputing that hoyer played better and the team looked better under him but as someone else has pointed out it's either we are making no adjustments or too many of them.

i have no problem starting campbell but to bring in any of those bums you listed is just dumb. let weeden crash and burn. at least we will have known that he was never going to be the guy. also it's amazing how everyone was cheering for him saying he looked great in the first half of the game and now he's the worse QB ever to play the position.

man some of you fans flip on and off like light switches. if we lose every game the rest of e season would you be surprised?

not me. the air went out of the tire when hoyer went down. to make roster moves now for matt flynn or david FUCKIN carr? c'mon mark.

we need a servicable QB now. hoyer next year with a number one pick is fine with me. I think our season is totally lost with Weeden. 10 more games of this shit?

what also needs to happen is that people for a moment forget about that numbnut fucking flip and evaluate Weeden for the last two games he's been back. Yeah he did enough to come in and win in Buffalo and yeah he was doing enough to have us up 10 pts going into the half....but in both the Buffalo game and today, he misses some outrageously standard throws that would have been for big gains. There was a near touchdown today that wouldn't have counted anyway cause there was a penalty called....but he missed someone in the endzone who came off his route so blatantly open it was infuriating. And on another pass he overfuckingthrew Travis Benjamin streaking down the sideline. Now we all know Travis is "gone" if that sideline route hits him stride. There's no way that safety that was closing had a shot at him "IF" it hits him stride. So I get that Weeden was trying to do exactly that but how fucking bad do you have to be to overthrow one of the fastest mo'f'ers in all of football by like 3 or 4 yards? It wasn't "just off his fingertips". Travis was in full gallop so even Bolt wouldn't have got infront of a ball thrown that far infront. There's just a serious disconnect between Weeden and the offense. That disconnect was "instantly" gone with Hoyer under center....for the life of me i can't figure out why.

i'm not disputing that hoyer played better and the team looked better under him but as someone else has pointed out it's either we are making no adjustments or too many of them.

i have no problem starting campbell but to bring in any of those bums you listed is just dumb. let weeden crash and burn. at least we will have known that he was never going to be the guy. also it's amazing how everyone was cheering for him saying he looked great in the first half of the game and now he's the worse QB ever to play the position.

man some of you fans flip on and off like light switches. if we lose every game the rest of e season would you be surprised?

not me. the air went out of the tire when hoyer went down. to make roster moves now for matt flynn or david FUCKIN carr? c'mon mark.

I agree there's absolutely no point in giving up "any" mobility in the FA mkt or the draft next season for a band aid. Only for a guys who's sitting on the couch or bagging groceries.

That disconnect was "instantly" gone with Hoyer under center....for the life of me i can't figure out why.

Because Hoyer is 10 times the QB than Brandy will ever be. ;)

Archived