THE BROWNS BOARD

Our options?

LBC mike

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the FO to make a deal to bring back Colt McCoy about now?

• Hell Yes! Anything better than Weeden right now.
    • Hell NO, what we have here now is a better option.

it's been pretty much ascertained, ad nauseam, that weeds isn't the guy. yesterday he did what "he isn't the guy"' s do..........make big mistakes. he is going to have some decent

games, some games that he will help the browns win, and some more when he will be a big factor in a Browns loss. "he isn't the guy" will be around till seasons end so to me it is

just a matter of enjoying those games where he is halfway decant and preparing for the worst of weeds in those games he trips up in.

Come join us at the tavern. We play the 'Wedden Drinking Game®' and it makes the game much more tolerable. Just make sure you have plenty of booze on hand because you have to drink whenever Brandy does something Weeden-like, so you can probably imagine just how often your drinking.........Yesterday's 30yd shovel pass on first down was the holy grail of the WDG®, and I don't remember much after that point due to the whole bottle being consumed.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking to the play calling... Could it be that they don't have the confidence in Weeden to call certain plays.

I heard Saban from Alabama answer a question about the play calling after a tough first half a few weeks ago. And he looked at the chick and said, it's not about play calling, it's about execution. And he was right. Coaches are calling plays that they feel is the right move. If your personnel on the field don't execute, doesn't matter what play you call.

Weeds seems to me to be lost. If he doesn't have a guy wide open, he won't throw the ball. The TOP QB's in the league have a way of throwing people open, and hit the timing routes. Then you have the QB's in the league that have so much trust in their receivers that they have no problem tossing the 50/50 ball to a guy and let him make the play.

Why? Why do we "have to fix now"?

We are not just a QB away from SB Valhala... you seem to say so yourself. So why a QB now?

We will overpay for any QB on an active roster.

We will just pay for bringing in the wrong available QB.

1. Yes...

2. Knocking EJ out of the game did not hurt either.

3. Yes... We know Hoyer is a thinker. I think McCarron is a thinker.

I think we should try and win. Here's why. You want momentum. You want this offense to click and start to click, which was what was happening. This offense was clicking with Hoyer, weeds is like the gum on the bottom of the shoe making you stop in your tracks. You want this team to know what it's like to win and win in Cleveland. If we lose, just for the sake of losing, what does that say to players here and those that might want to come to cleveland?

I think we should try and win. Here's why. You want momentum. You want this offense to click and start to click, which was what was happening. This offense was clicking with Hoyer, weeds is like the gum on the bottom of the shoe making you stop in your tracks. You want this team to know what it's like to win and win in Cleveland. If we lose, just for the sake of losing, what does that say to players here and those that might want to come to cleveland?

I agree. Fuck that playing for drafts bullshit! You play to win the game!

I agree. Fuck that playing for drafts bullshit! You play to win the game!

Exactly. The Browns have had very little success in the draft anyway. What makes this regime think they can draft well?

Exactly. The Browns have had very little success in the draft anyway. What makes this regime think they can draft well?

Well.... Randy Lerner no longer owns the team, so it can't be any worse. I don't care that Randy had billions. His heart wasn't in it, and that was evident by just throwing money at trying to fix the problem, and letting these other front offices run the organization like some sort of country club.

There are 10 games left this season, I would not say this if it was week 10 or 11 with 3 wins banked. Let the Weeden train crash and burn at that point. if we can win 6 of the next 10 I will be okay with that, actually would be pleased with that result. We cannot win with Weeden.

Do you really think we can win 6\10 with Weeden @ qb? His record is 5-13 as a starter. HIs qbr is abysmal, as is his TD|INT ratio. Take a look at the remaining schedule, and show me where we get six wins. If we sweep the Steelers, & beat the Jets & Jags that's 4. Lotsa luck getting 2 more with Mr. Train Wreck quarterbacking this team.

:D

Come join us at the tavern. We play the 'Wedden Drinking Game®' and it makes the game much more tolerable. Just make sure you have plenty of booze on hand because you have to drink whenever Brandy does something Weeden-like, so you can probably imagine just how often your drinking.........Yesterday's 30yd shovel pass on first down was the holy grail of the WDG®, and I don't remember much after that point due to the whole bottle being consumed.

sounds like a plan. I'll buy the first round. :D

This regime has done EVERYTHING well, personnel wise, and totally gets it. They know what the league is about. They drafted a pass rusher (prevailing wisdom) and accumulated artillery to get one of the best quarterbacks (other prevailing wisdom).

The last regime is the one that traded up to pick a back at #3 (so Retarded it still boggles) and then drafted a 48 year old QB from a quirky system. Dreadful, ridiculous, counterintuitive draft. They blew the trade-up to get RG3, and anybody who doesn't think he's special is on drugs. Rivals all of the shit administrations we've been through, maybe wins.

This one? They get it.

Yeah I agree we should try to win but no way shipping off draft picks for potentially "major" over the hill qb's who are just going to come to Cleveland to collect that last paycheck before sailing off into retirement. Yes I'd rather draft a potentially hungry kid. If we do anything this year it's got to be bringing in someone who can manage some games just enough so that the defense can set us up to win. Someone we get on the cheap and can be gone next year if necessary. I'm ok with Tebow in this scenario. Any qb that comes in here is going to get hit and he's about the stoutest qb out there, even among current starters.

This regime has done EVERYTHING well, personnel wise, and totally gets it. They know what the league is about. They drafted a pass rusher (prevailing wisdom) and accumulated artillery to get one of the best quarterbacks (other prevailing wisdom).

The last regime is the one that traded up to pick a back at #3 (so Retarded it still boggles) and then drafted a 48 year old QB from a quirky system. Dreadful, ridiculous, counterintuitive draft. They blew the trade-up to get RG3, and anybody who doesn't think he's special is on drugs. Rivals all of the shit administrations we've been through, maybe wins.

This one? They get it.

I totally agree. As I said, this isn't Lerner's team anymore.

I thought trading Colt before the coaches even got to see him compete with who we had here was stupid.

Is this what our current situation has brought us to?

Looking back on Colt like he was the missing link?

I just lol'ed pretty good. Fuck we do this shit every year don't we? It's the same fucking thing over and over. Last year we finally protected the qb probably better than no on else in the league and fuck alot of good it did us. This year Weeden has half the time to throw, of course it wasn't gonna get better. We can't bring top level talent here unless we prove we can be "at least" baseline in our protection. Otherwise we have to draft LB'ers to play qb.

If Gordon goes it will be because someone got over on us not the other way around. Gordon is high risk yes but high reward. We better not trade him.

I'd still take a 1st rounder for him. I have "zero" faith that he will stay out of that 1 year suspension hanging over him for his next offense. It's not all their fault either the NFL substance abuse policy's are some serious bullshit in places.

LOL'd is right... I was as big a Colt proponent as there was 'round here and even I voted "No".

What was the quote from Patton???

"I don't like to pay for the same ground twice."

There are 10 games left this season, I would not say this if it was week 10 or 11 with 3 wins banked. Let the Weeden train crash and burn at that point. if we can win 6 of the next 10 I will be okay with that, actually would be pleased with that result. We cannot win with Weeden.

Thanks... understand where you are coming from now.

I am not proposing we tank the season. I just do not think we are merely a QB away from a breakout season.

After cursory review of the game, I do not think Hoyer playing guaranteed a win over Detroit.

yesterday he did what "he isn't the guy"' s do..........make big mistakes. he is going to have some decent games, some games that he will help the browns win, and some more when he will be a big factor in a Browns loss. "he isn't the guy" will be around till seasons end so to me it is

... and a term is born... well done, sir.. lol

Speaking to the play calling... Could it be that they don't have the confidence in Weeden to call certain plays.

Weeds seems to me to be lost. If he doesn't have a guy wide open, he won't throw the ball.

Yup... the change in the play calling in the Buffalo game after Hoyer went out was stark.

And yup... Wheezy has to see the receiver open. Hoyer threw the first back shoulder pass this team has seen against the Vikes.

Agree... tanking the season is abhorant. But it's not a question of wanting to win or lose.

The question is: what price are you willing to pay to win now vs. in 2014?

My position is simply we cannot afford the price of "now".

Colt McCoy still sucks ass. He almost got beat out by my 17-year-old son in SF. He's dreadful. Weak-armed, short, and not even accurate or decisive. He's bad, bad, bad.

Someone else sucking (Weeds) doesn't remove the stank from McCoy. Did anyone want him as a starter? In the entire NFL?

Nope.

Colt McCoy sucks. No one misses him.

Waxing poetic over one of Holmgren's misfits while the other one crashes and burns is sick.

It would be like a woman missing her old, abusive husband right after sustaining a beating from her new one.

Just drink heavily and wait for the draft.

Zombo

This one? They get it.

Regarding RG III, I'm glad they blew the deal. Seems he's come back to earth after the knee Owie. You want to tell me with a straight face with 20\20 hindsight, you'd still give up three firsts and a second for this guy? He's one shot on the knee away from a Montario Hardesty scenario. That's two ACLs- #3, and he's toast.

Archived