THE BROWNS BOARD

Our options?

LBC mike

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the FO to make a deal to bring back Colt McCoy about now?

• Hell Yes! Anything better than Weeden right now.
    • Hell NO, what we have here now is a better option.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't want to go on the weeden train wreck this year. I know we need a QB, center, WR, Guard, CB, kicker. QB we need to fix now. all the others will be upgraded next year including QB. Mack is gone after this year.

Which part is laughable....You don't think the Giants would at least consider it? Why wouldn't we consider it?

Everyone on that list is better right now today than Brandon Weetarded..

The entire concept is laughable.

Offer two first rounders for a 32 year old QB who, for most of his career, has been considered a middle to lower tier franchise QB at best?

I understand you were being facetious, but come on. Eli is past his prime, and his prime wasn't necessarily that good.

I understand that essentially anything is better than what the Browns have had but shooting for mediocrity isn't the way to get them out of the cellar.

Package the first rounders to move up and take a true franchise QB for once, or wait until the middle rounds and take a developmental to plug in behind Hoyer. Don't take a guy in the mid to late first round just to say you got a "first round QB".

Either take the guy you believe to be the best or get a later round guy and see what we have with Hoyer.

Package the first rounders to move up and take a true franchise QB for once, or wait until the middle rounds and take a developmental to plug in behind Hoyer. Don't take a guy in the mid to late first round just to say you got a "first round QB".

I agree 100%. It's going to be interesting to see which way the FO goes.

I can't wait to see what some of you say when you sober up tomorrow and read this shit.

Trade our first rounders for Eli Manning? Are you fucking Retarded?

Weeden is as good as gone, but we'll be riding his arm until Week 17.

The guy is anti-clutch. He had solid games against Baltimore and Buffalo, when Chud ripped out one page of the playbook, handed it to him and said "run only these plays and nothing else, you goddamned idiot".

The only reason we won the Buffalo game is because of a defensive TD and a special teams TD. Our offense was atrocious, predictable, coma inducing, pick your adjective.

Weeden will never be the guy to win the game, he doesn't have the capabilities. On the other hand, he is very capable of losing the game.

With the amount of talent we have on every side of the ball, all we need is a quick thinking game manager. We don't need a cannon armed fuckwit slinging 20 yard shovel passes. We need a guy to walk in, say "hey, this looks like a blitz", hit the check down and move on or say "hey, this looks like cover 2", hit the intermediate route and move on. That's it.

I swear, football is not a tough sport if you just think.

Brandon Weeden, if you're reading this, please retire. You will be doing everyone a favor, including yourself.

Sincerely,

Cleveland

There's way too many good young qb's coming out this draft to give even a late 1st rounder for Eli. We have him study under Hoyer next season, that's got to be the plan. We'll likely need that 2nd 1st rounder and possibly even a 3rd 1st round pick if we get over on someone with Gordon.....on a tall Seattle style DB or if there's a megatron type WR out there.

If Gordon goes it will be because someone got over on us not the other way around. Gordon is high risk yes but high reward. We better not trade him.

Everyone knows if there is a good enough team around Eli, you have a really high ceiling.

Eli is as good as what's around him, and honestly we have a great core to put that level of QB in and build around him and be contenders in a snap.

I understand it is a trade that would never happen, but I don't think we'd be that against it.

Nobody in the draft is a sure thing, this is a deal I wouldn't pass on.

what also needs to happen is that people for a moment forget about that numbnut fucking flip and evaluate Weeden for the last two games he's been back. Yeah he did enough to come in and win in Buffalo and yeah he was doing enough to have us up 10 pts going into the half....but in both the Buffalo game and today, he misses some outrageously standard throws that would have been for big gains. There was a near touchdown today that wouldn't have counted anyway cause there was a penalty called....but he missed someone in the endzone who came off his route so blatantly open it was infuriating. And on another pass he overfuckingthrew Travis Benjamin streaking down the sideline. Now we all know Travis is "gone" if that sideline route hits him stride. There's no way that safety that was closing had a shot at him "IF" it hits him stride. So I get that Weeden was trying to do exactly that but how fucking bad do you have to be to overthrow one of the fastest mo'f'ers in all of football by like 3 or 4 yards? It wasn't "just off his fingertips". Travis was in full gallop so even Bolt wouldn't have got in front of a ball thrown that far in front. There's just a serious disconnect between Weeden and the offense. That disconnect was "instantly" gone with Hoyer under center....for the life of me i can't figure out why.

Yes, glad you brought that up, I saw the same thing- and you can damn well bet the coaches didn't miss it either.

I can't wait to see what some of you say when you sober up tomorrow and read this shit.

Trade our first rounders for Eli Manning? Are you fucking Retarded?

The guy is anti-clutch. He had solid games against Baltimore and Buffalo, when Chud ripped out one page of the playbook, handed it to him and said "run only these plays and nothing else, you goddamned idiot".

The only reason we won the Buffalo game is because of a defensive TD and a special teams TD. Our offense was atrocious, predictable, coma inducing, pick your adjective.

Weeden will never be the guy to win the game, he doesn't have the capabilities. On the other hand, he is very capable of losing the game.

With the amount of talent we have on every side of the ball, all we need is a quick thinking game manager. We don't need a cannon armed fuckwit slinging 20 yard shovel passes. We need a guy to walk in, say "hey, this looks like a blitz", hit the check down and move on or say "hey, this looks like cover 2", hit the intermediate route and move on. That's it.

I swear, football is not a tough sport if you just think.

Brandon Weeden, if you're reading this, please retire. You will be doing everyone a favor, including yourself.

Sincerely,

Cleveland

Weedend won't last out the season. Good observation about the Buffalo game, the defense and Benjamin won that game not Weeden.

Sorryto tell u guys but I don't believe anything is gonna change. Like I've said up untill the holy floater he was playing good enough to win. The offensive play calling was college double A at best. We did not run enough bottom line. For Christ sakes that play was on 1st down and the lions knew we were throwing. Don't like weeden fine I understand that but maybe they should be looking to run the rock a little more. The lions had there ears pinned back half way thru the 3rd and not once expected a run.

Like i said weeden will be the starter next week. Heard it here first boys!!!

I may be high ripped out of my head dude, but I've got your back on this one...

I know we need a QB, center, WR, Guard, CB, kicker. QB we need to fix now. all the others will be upgraded next year including QB.

Why? Why do we "have to fix now"?

We are not just a QB away from SB Valhala... you seem to say so yourself. So why a QB now?

We will overpay for any QB on an active roster.

We will just pay for bringing in the wrong available QB.

1. Yes...

2. Knocking EJ out of the game did not hurt either.

3. Yes... We know Hoyer is a thinker. I think McCarron is a thinker.

Why? Why do we "have to fix now"?

We are not just a QB away from SB Valhala... you seem to say so yourself. So why a QB now?

We will overpay for any QB on an active roster.

We will just pay for bringing in the wrong available QB.

1. Yes...

2. Knocking EJ out of the game did not hurt either.

3. Yes... We know Hoyer is a thinker. I think McCarron is a thinker.

I am just saying we should address the QB situation (failure) now, The rest will be addressed next season.

I am just saying we should address the QB situation (failure) now, The rest will be addressed next season.

I understand what you are saying.

I do not understand why...

There are 10 games left this season, I would not say this if it was week 10 or 11 with 3 wins banked. Let the Weeden train crash and burn at that point. if we can win 6 of the next 10 I will be okay with that, actually would be pleased with that result. We cannot win with Weeden.

it's been pretty much ascertained, ad nauseam, that weeds isn't the guy. yesterday he did what "he isn't the guy"' s do..........make big mistakes. he is going to have some decent

games, some games that he will help the browns win, and some more when he will be a big factor in a Browns loss. "he isn't the guy" will be around till seasons end so to me it is

just a matter of enjoying those games where he is halfway decent and preparing for the worst of weeds in those games he trips up in.

Archived