THE BROWNS BOARD

Mallet

jcam222

My example of Joey Harrington was an example of the last decent NFL QB to come out of there. Every QB they've had since then has put up good to great numbers and exactly zero of them have amounted to anything in the NFL.

And you are right, teams do take pieces from their offense. Pieces.

Their offense is predicated on being the faster team on the field. That's the staple of their offense-run by everyone. In the NFL, that won't happen.

Mariota has the size and speed to be a good NFL QB but he's shown me exactly nothing to maker believe he will be. He has no pressure...ever. When the pocket does start to collapse, he's already 5 yards downfield. When his first option isn't five yards behind the safety, he checks down to the RB that's either blocked and released or flared out to the flanks. There's literally only two or three examples I've found of him throwing to a covered receiver that wasn't a check down.

Of course, he has the physical tools. But that's not then entire story.

Yeah, I wouldn't sell out for him, but if he does good in the interviews and tests out good, we could do a lot worse.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL when you start signing my paycheck you can tell me to drop it. I don't give a fuck if we sign him or not. I am quite sure you are right and its not going to happen. It is valid conversation though and I don't need to take shit off someone because they don't happen to agree.

The people who pay you tell you what to do?

So you're a whipping bitch.

That explains a lot about you, actually.

I know theres no sense in nitpicking our backup qb but if we know the stats for what weedens and hoyers release time is, what is campells?

it didn't seem like he was getting rid of the ball that much quicker than weeds.

(no I don't want weeden in there )

He tends to take his share of sacks. His career sack percentenge is 6.5. This year, Hoyer was 5.9 and Weeden 9.7

Kosar was 7.5.

Brady 4.9, Brees 3.7 Manning 3.3.

The average this year is around 6.5, so Campbell seems average in that regard.

However, when he does throw, he is a career 60.8% passer Weeds was 52.8% this year. That is a big difference.

He also has 1,000+ career rushing yards, so he can take off is there is a glaring hole.

Just the completion percentage difference allows for four more completions per week, which is four times the defense stays off the field, and we are back in competitive football games to the end again.

Zombo

Steve thanks so much for the heavy and unwarranted sarcasm.

Glad to be of service.

I don't get enough of that shit at work already.

Maybe you should talk to your supervisor?

When I posted this I thought to myself "I will post this so someone can give me more shit today".

And it worked. Glad to see the plan paid off.

A second round pick and Campbell isn't close to mortgaging our future.

Well you upped it to a first in the same post. Campbell isn't really worth anything. So (says I) a first might be a little steep.

That's all.

To those who KNOW Mallet isn't any good. congrats you should be employed by an NFL team making a very nice salary based on your skill. And they could share an office with the guys that think he's a franchise quarterback and easily worth a first round pick and a starting player.

Most of us may think he is not elite but none of us know. Belichek must think he is decent as the backup to Brady. He thought the same about Hoyer.

Then again he shitcanned Hoyer. And as much as I'd like to see him kick ass the book is a short one.

And it's still open.

That's all.

:)

WSS

I don't get your hatred for Oregon QB's. The only example you have is Joey Harrington and he played there in like what, 2003-5? That was a completely different system then, and there's been bigger busts than Harrington. You talk about the offense they run like every coach in the NFL isn't takin pieces from it and implementing it themselves. Chip Kelly had tons of coaches from the NFL bangin on his door trying to learn somethin from him. That got him where he is now. Sure they haven't produced a good QB yet but not a single one of them has had the talent of Mariota. The kid is for real. He has all the tools so it really just comes down to mental capacity and dedication. He's a gamer though.

Dan Fouts and Norm Van Brocklin both played at Oregon. Both HOF QBs.

It's not the school, it's the QB. Oregon has had a lot of undersized running QBs who could throw a little. They've never had anybody like Mariota, at least for a very long time.

Great comparison between Mariota and Bridgewater by Matt Miller. I saw it on Bleacher Report but I know he also writes for NFL.com and is really diligent. He has Bridgewater as the second highest rated QB prospect of the last five years, behind only Andrew Luck. Mariota is next. He thinks they're that good.

It's not the school, it's the QB. Oregon has had a lot of undersized running QBs who could throw a little. They've never had anybody like Mariota, at least for a very long time.

Great comparison between Mariota and Bridgewater by Matt Miller. I saw it on Bleacher Report but I know he also writes for NFL.com and is really diligent. He has Bridgewater as the second highest rated QB prospect of the last five years, behind only Andrew Luck. Mariota is next. He thinks they're that good.

Mariota will go top 5. Browns will not be selecting in top 5 unless they move up. Of course, they acquired that #1 pick from the Colts just for the purpose of using it to move up.

Jags need a QB

Bucs need a QB....unless they think Glennon is the real thing.

Vikings may want a QB.

I think the Texans will want a QB.

Maybe Oakland too.

The Bears might need one as Cutler I think will be a FA

Plus the Browns.

That is one quarter of the league right there, so the Browns will have some serious competition for a QB in the draft.

Mariota will go top 5. Browns will not be selecting in top 5 unless they move up. Of course, they acquired that #1 pick from the Colts just for the purpose of using it to move up.

Jags need a QB

Bucs need a QB....unless they think Glennon is the real thing.

Vikings may want a QB.

I think the Texans will want a QB.

Maybe Oakland too.

The Bears might need one as Cutler I think will be a FA

Plus the Browns.

That is one quarter of the league right there, so the Browns will have some serious competition for a QB in the draft.

Lions, maybe, Bradford's recovery dependent. Eagles if they have a bad season will surely have some interest in at least Mariota.

Lions, maybe, Bradford's recovery dependent. Eagles if they have a bad season will surely have some interest in at least Mariota.

Certainly given that Kelly was his college coach. Though I don't think the Lions are dissatisfied with Stafford, so I am not sure why you include them.

Certainly given that Kelly was his college coach. Though I don't think the Lions are dissatisfied with Stafford, so I am not sure why you include them.

Dependent on his recovery, I said. If they don't feel he's making progress, or going to be back where he was, they'll look at other options. Like our FO will, despite Hoyer playing well when he came in (smaller sample set, of course).

I can see the Lions taking Bortles in round 3 or possibly 4, assuming they have a pick in that round. I admit, I'm not caught up on draft picks yet.

Bortles just seems like the right fit for them.

The people who pay you tell you what to do?

So you're a whipping bitch.

That explains a lot about you, actually.

LOL yes for sure, I am the exception here I guess in that someone signs my rather large paycheck and has expectations of what I do. I am sure everyone else is is a self employed entrepreneur. Your response tells me a lot about you as well. While you post plenty of sensible posts you just can''t resist letting your asshole come out. Any time you would like to call me a bitch to my face we can arrange that.

All of this because I felt like discussing the potential for a Mallet trade and then defended my right to post my opinion. Communist anyone?????

LOL yes for sure, I am the exception here I guess in that someone signs my rather large paycheck and has expectations of what I do. I am sure everyone else is is a self employed entrepreneur. Your response tells me a lot about you as well. While you post plenty of sensible posts you just can''t resist letting your asshole come out. Any time you would like to call me a bitch to my face we can arrange that.

All of this because I felt like discussing the potential for a Mallet trade and then defended my right to post my opinion. Communist anyone?????

Believe me, I'm more than okay with calling you a bitch to your face.

I'm all about posting sensible posts. Proposing that we trade for Thug Cowboy Ryan Mallet is not sensible. He had a limited grasp of his playbook in college and Gruden took him to task on his program for not knowing basic aspects of his offensive system.

Sounds like Brandon Weeden to me. Minus the fact that Weeden is actually a well spoken and generally likable professional.

Believe me, I'm more than okay with calling you a bitch to your face.

I'm all about posting sensible posts. Proposing that we trade for Thug Cowboy Ryan Mallet is not sensible. He had a limited grasp of his playbook in college and Gruden took him to task on his program for not knowing basic aspects of his offensive system.

Sounds like Brandon Weeden to me. Minus the fact that Weeden is actually a well spoken and generally likable professional.

Again it was for discussion and didn't deserve shit from you or anyone else. You had no reason or right to call me a bitch or anything else for that matter. I am pretty sure that not everyone things all your posts are sensible either.

Again it was for discussion and didn't deserve shit from you or anyone else. You had no reason or right to call me a bitch or anything else for that matter. I am pretty sure that not everyone things all your posts are sensible either.

The discussion was dumb.

We didn't deserve to lose yesterday, but we still lost.

You don't always get what you think you deserve.

Archived