THE BROWNS BOARD

I found our New Running Back!

tampadawgs

White Swan Monster Running Back Tony Picard Biggest in Nation

by Dirk Knudsen | Posted on Friday, November 1st, 2013

Folks there are big kids and there are big kids. And boy have we seen some Monsters coming out of the Northwest lately. But this one right here might just take the cake.

White Swan is a small school in the Simcoe / Cascade Mountains on the Yakima Indian Reservation in the State of Washington. The Cougars are a 2B team. A Small town and a small school football for sure. But that does not mean they are not up to really big things.

Tony-Picard-980.jpg

Tony Picard is 6’4″ and 400 lbs. At tiny White Swan HS he is the biggest running back in the United States!

The Cougars are having quite a season and are playing well as a team owning an 8-1 record . They may be able to make another good play off run this year form the looks of it.

One of the reasons for that success is a really big one. His name is Tony Picard. And he is a running back for White Swan.

Tony is a mammoth 6’4″-400 lbs and is the biggest running back in the United States at any level. He is part Umatilla-Nez Perce Indian and says he has some Sioux Indian blood too. He plays nose guard as well as Running back.

Such a big kid has to have a nick-name right?

“They call me Big Tone,” he offered.

The pictures tell the tale. He is heavy, sure, but the kid is also athletic and it is taking several players to bring him down. Tony has rushed for over 700 yards and has a boatload of Touchdowns; 15 to be exact.

“Yes … I do have a lot of fun! Football is a way a life for me it’s in my blood and it takes quite a few to bring me down,” said Tony.

The Cougars use a number of offensive weapons and he is biggest one. In fact he would be the biggest weapon in the NFL or NCAA too. He and the Cougars are wrapping up the season tonight and have the State Title in mind.

“We have been to the playoffs since my Sophomore year and we are looking forward to that again this season.”

tony-1-300x300.jpg

Tony is not someone you want to take on yourself on defense!

What about College Football? Is that something he wants to pursue?

You Bet!

“Yeah I want to play college football it is my dream…I hope I can go the next level,” Tony replied.

Ok so let’s be honest. He is so big it might be viewed as a blessing and/or a curse. Has that been a factor for him?

“People say that (too big) but I try not to let it get to me.”

Great attitude. Tony is one of the few true big men who has had a shot to take that rock over the goal line and celebrate and bask in the glory of a Touchdown. Does the big man have a TD Celebration Dance?

“No I just score and take care of business; no celebration until I have that state trophy in my hands.”

He plays beside his younger brother who he credits for being a big part of the success of this team. Albert is 5’8″ and 155 lbs. Quite a tandem those kids make!

Despite all the “naming” controversy going on Nationally for teams that use Indian and other ethnic names Tony is unphased. He has no issues with the use of such names at all and understands the naming is meant as a source of strength and power. I get that and agree with him as my own heritage is being used, the Viking, and we love it. Smart minded politically savvy young guy here!

Tony says he is an easy going big man and that he enjoys getting along with everyone! What a terrific kid to get to know; we love a good story and a good big man. And Tony is sure a great example of of both!

We wish the White Swan Cougars safe travels and much success in the weeks ahead and hope they and Tony have many games left to play!

- See more at: http://www.northwestprepreport.com/white-swan-monster-running-back-tony-picard-biggest-nation#sthash.gF97Qq1J.dpuf

... and he runs a 4.4...

Do you mean a 5.4? Even that would be impressive for a guy who weighs 400 pounds. Pity the poor 165 pound HS kids that try and tackle this guy.

Son, your future at the collegiate level is at DL somewhere. Doubtless the PAC 10 coaches have scouted this guy

Kid is morbidly obese and will probably die of a heart attack if he don't lose at least 100 or more pounds. Walking time bomb that's what I'm talking about.

I'm 340 lbs. Am I going to die?

Because I have a doctor who would readily disagree with you.

Maybe the Browns should pick up the RB from Heidelberg that picked up 465 yards rushing against B-W. That is an NCAA record for all levels (FBS,FCS,II,III)

Honestly, this is the kind of kid you would want IMO. He would come in with something to prove and work hard as his collegiate position doesn't give him much of a chance to be drafted.. but his stock may have just risen.

I'm 340 lbs. Am I going to die?

Because I have a doctor who would readily disagree with you.

are you a strongman competitor? are you 6'6+? it's good that kid playing football otherwise he might already be in big trouble. 6'4 and 400lbs is not sustainable over a lifetime. Even the NFL players, if they don't drop that playing weight asap after retirement they are deep shit. You can only get away with eating like that if your metabolism is at the level of an NFL player. The moment their metabolism drops because they're not moving as much, they have to adjust or those calories that previously got delegated to doing shit like repair work and replenishing muscles....will kill them.

he'll have to lose weight cuz he's gonna eat his mom and dad out of house and home.

"what's on the shopping list this week honey?"

"steak, ribs, eggs, 3 gallons of milk, mac and cheese 3 bags of mini snickers, 4 boxes of captain crunch,assorted cookies and chips and dip."

"geez that's enough to feed an army."

'hell that's just for junior. we still gotta buy for us!"

i hope they have some nutritionist working with this kid or his arteries will be thicker than liz taylor's bush hair.

are you a strongman competitor? are you 6'6+? it's good that kid playing football otherwise he might already be in big trouble. 6'4 and 400lbs is not sustainable over a lifetime. Even the NFL players, if they don't drop that playing weight asap after retirement they are deep shit. You can only get away with eating like that if your metabolism is at the level of an NFL player. The moment their metabolism drops because they're not moving as much, they have to adjust or those calories that previously got delegated to doing shit like repair work and replenishing muscles....will kill them.

I'm 6'6 and a former collegiate athlete until I tore my ACL two years ago.

Weight isn't the end all be all of fitness. Some people have larger frames. My playing weight was 330, but I was also in the low teens in body fat percentage.

I'm 6'6 and a former collegiate athlete until I tore my ACL two years ago.

Weight isn't the end all be all of fitness. Some people have larger frames. My playing weight was 330, but I was also in the low teens in body fat percentage.

ok so you're 10 or so pounds heavier than your playing weight. Is your physical activity level the same as when you played? If not, you're setting yourself up for big big problems. I workout sometimes with an ex collegiate OL who a few years ago was maybe an inch or two shorter than you but maybe with another 20-30 pounds on him. He's down to under 290 now, still strong as fug but he's like fucking running those tough mudders now. Dude fully admits he was probably on his way out when he was close to 400.

Do you mean a 5.4? Even that would be impressive for a guy who weighs 400 pounds. Pity the poor 165 pound HS kids that try and tackle this guy.

Son, your future at the collegiate level is at DL somewhere. Doubtless the PAC 10 coaches have scouted this guy

PAC-12? Anyway, he needs to lose some serious weight before he can play any position competitively. All that bulk is just going to slow him down and place stress on his knees/feet.

ok so you're 10 or so pounds heavier than your playing weight. Is your physical activity level the same as when you played? If not, you're setting yourself up for big big problems. I workout sometimes with an ex collegiate OL who a few years ago was maybe an inch or two shorter than you but maybe with another 20-30 pounds on him. He's down to under 290 now, still strong as fug but he's like fucking running those tough mudders now. Dude fully admits he was probably on his way out when he was close to 400.

I don't practice everyday, but I run 5k's and have done a couple of those "tough mudders" since I quit football.

Weight isn't by itself the issue.

The metric should be your VO2 max.. which measures how useful your heart is in pushing blood [which carries o2] throughout your body, however big you are.

That's my point. Weight isn't the end all be all of fitness by any means.

There's two guys in the crossfit class at the gym I go to that easily tip the 400 mark. They are both 6'7+ and both wrestlers/ MMA fighters and look like they are cut from granite.

Archived