THE BROWNS BOARD

Jadeveon Clowney ticketed going 110 mph

utzie

Anyone else seeing red flags with this guy? There's no doubting his physical talents, but something needs to click in his head.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10111471/south-carolina-gamecocks-jadeveon-clowney-gets-speeding-ticket-driving-110-mph

That's not too crazy. I live right off 77 and it happens all the time. It's the highway that links Columbia to Charlotte and people are always flying. I've done it, on occasion.

Anyone else seeing red flags with this guy? There's no doubting his physical talents, but something needs to click in his head.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10111471/south-carolina-gamecocks-jadeveon-clowney-gets-speeding-ticket-driving-110-mph

Yes, I'll have to admit in my younger years I pushed a car (and a motorcycle) over 100mph. Problem is at that age you think you're immortal. LOL for you young 'uns- I remember way back Wilt Chamberlain got busted for driving some sort of souped up sports car in Kansas going around 140.

That sort of stuff isn't restricted to just Javedon. as far as football players are concerned. Who can forget Knievel Winslow- or Marcus Bernard doing stupid stuff and paying for it?

3 words.

fast and furious.

kinda relevant don't ya think?

fastest i drove was 120 on route 2 from ft. devens going towards boston racing my friend who had a taurus SVO (turbo).

was real fun until i actually thought THIS IS FUCKING DUMB!

Fastest I ever drove was 110 to El Paso Texas from Phoenix. Nothing but desert. Put it on cruise control at 100 MPH... then flew by a cruiser ducked down in the median. I had no license at the time, I had the passenger take the wheel and I dove into the back seat doing 100, LOL - I'll never forget that! Then the passenger hopped into the driver seat and I into the passenger seat. Amazing that by the time he caught up he was none the wiser. A speeding ticket and we were on our way... :P

Fastest I ever drove was 110 to El Paso Texas from Phoenix. Nothing but desert. Put it on cruise control at 100 MPH... then flew by a cruiser ducked down in the median. I had no license at the time, I had the passenger take the wheel and I dove into the back seat doing 100, LOL - I'll never forget that! Then the passenger hopped into the driver seat and I into the passenger seat. Amazing that by the time he caught up he was none the wiser. A speeding ticket and we were on our way... :P

were you blowin the guy at the time?

"The passenger" sounds gay. Why is not "my friend" or "my ex"?

Z

Fastest I ever drove was 110 to El Paso Texas from Phoenix. Nothing but desert. Put it on cruise control at 100 MPH... then flew by a cruiser ducked down in the median. I had no license at the time, I had the passenger take the wheel and I dove into the back seat doing 100, LOL - I'll never forget that! Then the passenger hopped into the driver seat and I into the passenger seat. Amazing that by the time he caught up he was none the wiser. A speeding ticket and we were on our way...

Should have tried to lose the cop.

"The passenger" sounds gay. Why is not "my friend" or "my ex"?

My friend was in the backseat, it was his car. We were taking turns driving, we were giving "the passenger", was my friend's friend. We actually ran out of gas on the way back to Arizona and had to panhandle money in New Mexico for gas to get home... the things you do when you are young and dumb...

Should have tried to lose the cop.

There was only the one road- for like ever.

I'm surprised he didn't get you/him for reckless driving also.

The fastest I ever drove was 80 mph down route 6 theough the river valley near the Willoughby Hills/Kirtland border. I had an old beater Mustang that I rode till it died.My need for speed was channeled differently through music,when I was young.

Who gives a shit? He isn't going to be a Brown anyway. Nothing beats Delonte West speeding down the highway with a guitar case full of guns. Clowney is childs-play compared to Delonte.

Hahahaha, I forgot about that one. That was epic. I always pictured him as having a western duster jacket on with the guitar case sitting in a side car seat.

"What seems to be the problem officer?"

Who gives a shit? He isn't going to be a Brown anyway. Nothing beats Delonte West speeding down the highway with a guitar case full of guns. Clowney is childs-play compared to Delonte.

you never know. As it stands now where we're picking....he "might" be there. MN has to take a qb. So that leaves the skins, texans and falcons that potentially would take him.

but I think we can improve on our draft position...just takes a little sticktoitiveness, some gumption. We can't do anything stuipid like decide all of a sudden to win meaningless games. What has me potentially intrigued is if we can get to a pick where Clowney is there...we can shop him. Sheard's contract is up after this year and maybe he wants out, maybe he wants too much...afterall the guy on the other side is getting 8m to do approximately nothing more than he's doing. So Jabaal might be out after this year I dunno. If that's the case than maybe we should actually take Clowney. Or if the FO can dupe another team into taking Kruger...than take Clowney. If not, than at least we can bluff the league into thinking we'll take him. Teams like the Giants will absolutely come out of their pockets to jump up a few picks.

but I think we can improve on our draft position...just takes a little sticktoitiveness, some gumption. We can't do anything stuipid like decide all of a sudden to win meaningless games. What has me potentially intrigued is if we can get to a pick where Clowney is there...we can shop him. Sheard's contract is up after this year and maybe he wants out, maybe he wants too much...afterall the guy on the other side is getting 8m to do approximately nothing more than he's doing. So Jabaal might be out after this year I dunno. If that's the case than maybe we should actually take Clowney. Or if the FO can dupe another team into taking Kruger...than take Clowney. If not, than at least we can bluff the league into thinking we'll take him. Teams like the Giants will absolutely come out of their pockets to jump up a few picks.

I thought Sheard was in the same draft class as Haden, so they still have next season with the Browns before their contracts are up?

If Clowney is all they say he is, I'd love to have him here. I don't think it would look too good for the FO if they took two OLB's in the top 6 in back to back drafts, though.

Ya gotta remember the crazy shit we did when we were kids and how much crazier it would have been if wed had teachers passing us whether we could read or not, chicks throwing themselves at us and every guy in school kissing our ass since we were 14, not to mention in full knowledge that pretty soon somebody was going to handle us a stack of million dollar bills...

WSS

. I don't think it would look too good for the FO if they took two OLB's in the top 6 in back to back drafts, though.

If the qb's we want our gone, there isn't a joe thomas can't miss o line prospect there....why would you not take him? I would trade Kruger if anyone was willing to take his 8m contract if it means signing CLowney. Or like I've been saying, we could dangle CLowney to the rest of the league. Who wants to come out of their pockets?

If the qb's we want our gone, there isn't a joe thomas can't miss o line prospect there....why would you not take him? I would trade Kruger if anyone was willing to take his 8m contract if it means signing CLowney. Or like I've been saying, we could dangle CLowney to the rest of the league. Who wants to come out of their pockets?

If the QB's that the Browns like are gone at their pick and Clowney is there, I'm all for trading back. Acquire a 2015 first rounder and work with BPA at the two later first rounders. It never hurts to have future assets, but we still can't pass up taking some players in this draft because it seems to be semi-deep in a lot of positions of need for us.

If the QB's that the Browns like are gone at their pick and Clowney is there, I'm all for trading back. Acquire a 2015 first rounder and work with BPA at the two later first rounders. It never hurts to have future assets, but we still can't pass up taking some players in this draft because it seems to be semi-deep in a lot of positions of need for us.

we trade back for the right price though. If the league calls our bluff that we won't take Clowney cause we already have OLB'ers....fuck it take him. Yeah we don't absolutely need another OLB'er but this kid "may" be a generational talent. I think Mingo would be broken down now if he had to start from day one...he's benefited tremendously from being able to play with Kruger and Sheard. Clowney could absolutely be part of that rotation. And maybe a few years down the road we trade one of those other guys if Clowney becomes a force you simply can't take off the field. One guy that I'm watching intently on another team is that german kid Werner from FSU. He's subbing behind Mathis right now. Beginning of the season he was getting noobed out hard just like Mingo was on the run support. I think in a year or two he's going to be one of the best OLB'ers in the NFL not in small part because he's subbing behind the best pass rusher in the NFL right now in Mathis.

Or Clowney may be another College DE that cannot stand up and play OLB in a 3-4. I think he'll be a stud at DE in a 3-4, but can't see him as a 3-down, 3-4 OLB. I feel we really should have at least one, 3-down OLB on our team.

I'd rather have UCLA's Barr and it has nothing to do with a speeding ticket.

My personal best behind the wheel was 117 MPH on an Interstate in Wyoming on the way to Jackson Hole circa 1971, but was shotgun in a '68 Vette "rolling" up I-71 at 130-something.

Tajh Boyd got pulled today for going 82 in a 60. Just proves that Boyd, even in a car, isn't as fast as Clowney.

LOL...

Or Clowney may be another College DE that cannot stand up and play OLB in a 3-4. I think he'll be a stud at DE in a 3-4, but can't see him as a 3-down, 3-4 OLB. I feel we really should have at least one, 3-down OLB on our team.

I'd rather have UCLA's Barr and it has nothing to do with a speeding ticket.

My personal best behind the wheel was 117 MPH on an Interstate in Wyoming on the way to Jackson Hole circa 1971, but was shotgun in a '68 Vette "rolling" up I-71 at 130-something.

LOL...

He's rated "very" high against the run isn't he? We know he can rush....sooooo how is he not a 3 down prospect? He's 6'6 around 250 right? That's not an NFL DE. He'll be around 270 before it's said and done and that's perfect for a hybrid. And he's absolutely fast enough and athletic enough to drop into coverage with anybody, if his technique is there I dunno. If Pgh could make it work with bubba dropping into coverage than we should certainly be able to find a way with Clowney who's way ahead of harrison in terms of speed and agility.

Archived