darren15

Ok lets run a poll to see if anyone gets close ....fill in the blanks

The next Browns coach will be _________________________

The next Browns coach should be ____________________________

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be ... McDaniels

Should be... no idea yet, didn't see this coming... but I always like former head coaches the best like maybe Lovie Smith or McDaniels (anybody else out there?)

If not a former NFL head coach, I could see us trying to go with a college head coach like O'brien (refused last year), Brian Kelly (why would he leave ND), Shaw (seems pretty committed to Stanford), or Sumlin (don't know much about the guy except his record at A&M), but why would one of those guys leave their cushy college job to coach the Browns???

Lastly, I guess we could try out another coordinator like Horton or Jay Gruden, but that has failed how many times in a row for us now?...

Not the best situation. I can only imagine that guys with the experience that Banner and Lombardi have around this game that they should have a plan, right??

It should be Horton.

If we Hire McDaniels it will be the biggest fail in NFL FO history in my opinion...

This FO has done NOTHING to instill any confidence that should lead us to believe this will be a good move.

This is a bad move until proven otherwise, period.

I wouldn't see McDaniels as being that bad of a decision. He has been a HC (however briefly), and he has been a great offensive coordinator his entire career... it would be interesting to see what he would do as far as coaching staff...

The worst thing that can happen is if we go after O'brien as aggressively as we went after Chip Kelly last year, only to fall on our face and watch him go elsewhere...

Will be: best bet: Josh McDaniels. Lombardi thinks he is the new Belichick....a failure at one place, success at another.

Should be: Bill Belichick.......Lombardi et al are so in love with Belichick they should just go ahead and see what it would take to get him away from the Pats.

Ok lets run a poll to see if anyone gets close ....fill in the blanks

The next Browns coach will be _________shitty__________ .

The next Browns coach should be ___declared mentally ill___ .

hehehehe. yes, I approve of this :D

Horton will be gone. He'll accept the job in Green Bay or wherever.

Broncos OC Adam Gase is a name being tossed around rather heavily as well. It's more than speculation, as the Browns have inquired about him on more than one occasion throughout the season.

Will be: Norv Turner

Should be: Lovie Smith

McDaniels would be a disaster. Maybe we could bring Tebow in and replicate the clusterfuck he had going on in Denver. Speaking of the Broncos, how hard is it to be a great OC when Peyton Manning is your QB? I'd be wary of judging Gase's success there.

Won't be: Norv Turner, Ray Horton, Lovie Smith, Jon Gruden, Nick Saban, Jack Del Rio, Mike Shanahan, Bill Cowher

Will be: Josh McDaniels

Should be: Josh McDaniels

Our coach needs to be the guy out FO wants, whether or not we as fans agree with it. This way, we'll at least have some continuity. They won't fire their guy after one bad season, they won't use him as a scapegoat or try to have him shoulder all the blame. If Josh McDaniels fails, the entire FO goes with him. If he succeeds, we'll have a winning team in Cleveland.

If they go out and get some guy they don't really want, then we'll just see the same shit we've been seeing.

Archived