THE BROWNS BOARD

The next Browns coach will be ?

darren15

Schwartz is the only name I've heard rumored who I want no part of. Didn't help when I heard this morning that they had the same trouble closing games as we did. Lost 6 in a row to end the season and had the lead in most of those games late.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schwartz sucked with a team that has waaaay more talent than the Browns, why would anyone think that he would be successful here? I'd kill to have Megatron, Stafford, Fairley, Suh, & Bush on our team. Pretty sure chud would have won more games than Schwartz did with that kind of talent.

Schwartz sucked with a team that has waaaay more talent than the Browns, why would anyone think that he would be successful here? I'd kill to have Megatron, Stafford, Fairley, Suh, & Bush on our team. Pretty sure chud would have won more games than Schwartz did with that kind of talent.

Nobody likes Schwartz except Lombardi.

I want nothing to do with coaches from the belichick coaching tree.

Collectively they have a record of 125- 191. Win pct .395

A post season record of 0-2.

And all have been fired from their jobs except for 1.

How many times do we have to try out a N.E. coordinator only to find out its not working out. Can we just let the track record speak for itself?

The question should be....Who would WANT to be the next head coach of the Browns? Who is desperate enough? Who needs a head coach job on their resume? Who will do anything for the right amount of money?

I'm going to laugh at the posts....THE BROWNS SHOULD HIRE ______________ and no kiddies....Gruden and That ex Squeeler coach won't be coming to Cleveland this year last year or any other year as long as the Browns remain a joke and the front office still cluster fucks they way around

Serious question here: What lured Reid to the Chiefs in this past off-season? You have to admit, that team was a MESS last year. It's easy to look back now and say that they weren't in that bad a situation, but at the time, it looked BAD. Is Kansas City a dream destination? Do it look last year like they had a great front office? Sure, they definitely had some talent, but the Browns have some talent. The Browns have the league's leading WR and a few other Pro Bowlers. That's not nothing. Did the Chiefs offer Reid a pile of money?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking. I keep hearing people ask why anyone in their right minds would want to come to coach Cleveland, but let's explore that. Big name, good coaches HAVE gone to teams in dire situations before. Why did those coaches agree to that in those situations?

Serious question here: What lured Reid to the Chiefs in this past off-season? You have to admit, that team was a MESS last year. It's easy to look back now and say that they weren't in that bad a situation, but at the time, it looked BAD. Is Kansas City a dream destination? Do it look last year like they had a great front office? Sure, they definitely had some talent, but the Browns have some talent. The Browns have the league's leading WR and a few other Pro Bowlers. That's not nothing. Did the Chiefs offer Reid a pile of money?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking. I keep hearing people ask why anyone in their right minds would want to come to coach Cleveland, but let's explore that. Big name, good coaches HAVE gone to teams in dire situations before. Why did those coaches agree to that in those situations?

Green bills..no other reason but green bills...

Dan Quinn, seahawks DC rumor has it will be interviewed by #Browns.

I think Pete Carroll (and immense talent everywhere) is the mastermind behind that defense, and it'd be yet another scheme change.

A) If that is true, that we're interviewing no name staff...that means they really did fire Chud with no immediate plan and my worst fears are confirmed. That is, we fired Chud with no immediate plan and now we have to watch as Cleveland is humiliated by one refusal after another. It's going to be an offseason of shame. ESPN will be asking every other week...who are the Browns begging this week to come coach? By draft time we'll be lucky to be talking to someone from the CFL....we might even have to dig up old NFL Europe names. Hey this one cocksucker is coaching semi pro in Serbia...let's talk to this asshole!!!. Fuck I can see this coming a mile away.

B Don't the Seahawks run a 3-4?

It's apparently another "hybrid 34/43 system" - sexy stuff, it's clearly worked so well under Horton...

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/5/7/2999852/on-seahawks-defensive-scheme-versatility-diversity

Ours was a hybrid 34/43 but primarily a 3-4 even if Horton wouldn't admit it.

I think Carroll's is the opposite, primarily a 4-3.

But the talent on that seahawks team is quite a bit beyond what we have.

Nickers,

I agree. I think the answer is money. And that goes back to my claim that it's not that it is impossible to get a good coach to come to Cleveland simply because it is Cleveland. It is harder, sure. And it will cost more. But if you offer the right coach the right amount of money, you could get someone decent in here. What you can't do is try to pay some obscure assistant a reasonable salary to come be the head coach. If they want someone who can create wins, they're going to have to pay someone good a ton of money to come here.

If they want someone who can create wins, they're going to have to pay someone good a ton of money to come here.

Chip Kelly went to Philly for less money, think he's regretting that decision? Point is that good coaches can make real good money in better situations, so a little extra from the Browns is not worth the hassle of coming here. The ONLY thing that turns this around is giving one guy the keys to Berea and say "you leave when you feel it's time and not before". Than "MAYBE" you get some guy to come here with the implicit understanding that this franchise is his for years to come.

Fuck what's schotty up to these days? He still around?

Gus Bradley was the Seahawks DC last year. He was my favorite last year. Isn't Carroll more offensive minded?

Doesn't matter, browns went to NFL.com , looked up the best offensives and defenses and decided "hey, let's look at their assistants"

Maybe that's why we're talking about patriots, Denver, and Seattle coordinators.

If I'm not mistaken....... 9 ALL-PRO ? Their front office is a weeeee bit more organized then this group......and yes... a whole lot of Frankins

Archived