THE BROWNS BOARD

The next Browns coach will be ?

darren15

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so that's not THAT many more than 4, is it? I don't know, I just think it is kind of strange that KC could get Reid to go to that train wreck they had last year, but it is UNTHINKABLE that the Browns could ever convince a decent coach to come to the team. It seems like a smallish difference in team situation and a huge gap in the type of coaches we are able to attract.

Okay, so that's not THAT many more than 4, is it? I don't know, I just think it is kind of strange that KC could get Reid to go to that train wreck they had last year, but it is UNTHINKABLE that the Browns could ever convince a decent coach to come to the team. It seems like a smallish difference in team situation and a huge gap in the type of coaches we are able to attract.

I don't disagree. The team had enough talent to be in the lead or tied at halftime 10 times this year and still only won 4 games. We have holes to be sure but it's not like this is the 99 expansion team that got blown out week in and week out that year.

Chiefs sent 5 starters and an alternative. Got a new coach and a new QB and are in the playoffs.

Browns sent 5 starters and an alternative this year. Getting a new coach and a new QB, and...

, but it is UNTHINKABLE that the Browns could ever convince a decent coach to come to the team.

I don't think many of you realize how the Mangini firing soured the organizations image to the rest of the league. Mangini was so well respected throughout the league and in his 2nd year he had the league talking about the Browns as a serious up and coming threat after what we did to NE and NO, which are still the best days in the lives of Browns fans since 99. Shitcanning him has done the most to damage the Browns rep more than anything. Sports writers torched us for that decision.

ClevFan,

I'm notoriously hard on Cleveland coaches, but I agree with you on Mangini. I don't know that I LOVED Mangini, but I didn't dislike him, and I DEFINITELY thought he deserved more time.

This would have been his 5th year. With the downturn in the North this year......yeh I'm speculating but fuck, by his 5th year all his pieces would have been in place and just at that time the division was tanking?

Seems to me that the one year axing of Chud will most definately influence potential replacements. I have a customer who fires their management team about every three years like clockwork. They have offered me a job several times that pays more than I make now. Needless to say I pass lol

Interviews will go something like this:

Banner / Lombardi "Welcome to Cleveland, did you notice the sky is lime green here?

Canditate - "No it seemed normal to me".

Banner / Lombardi fart loudly, "Now doesn't that smell good boy?"

Candidate - "No it smells like shit"

Banner Lombardi - " Well thanks for coming in but it seems we have some fundamental differences in thinking"

Banner / Lombardi "Welcome to Cleveland, did you notice the sky is lime green here?

Candidate 2 - "Why YES sirs I did and might I add I have always admired and idolized you both"

Banner / Lombardi farting loudly - "Now doesn't that smell good boy?"

Candidate 2 - OMG yes sir it sure does, Can I smell another?"

Banner / Lombardi - Welcome to the team boy you are just what we are looking for.

I think it WILL be Josh McDaniels. Another Clevelander, another Beichick disciple. Lombardi loves him and will sell him to Banner, who will sell him to Jimmy.

I think it SHOULD be Mike Lombardi. If he knows so fucking much then let him coach his own fucking players.

Zombo

I think it WILL be Josh McDaniels. Another Clevelander, another Beichick disciple. Lombardi loves him and will sell him to Banner, who will sell him to Jimmy.

I think it SHOULD be Mike Lombardi. If he knows so fucking much then let him coach his own fucking players.

Zombo

Mike Lombardi should play on the scout team as a defensive lineman, with no pads on, for every practice.

The Broncos' OC is named Adam Gase.

Dan Quinn, seahawks DC rumor has it will be interviewed by #Browns.

But the talent on that seahawks team is quite a bit beyond what we have.

Really? Other than Lynch and Wilson name two starters on offense and two on defense... no googling.. honor system...

I like that Quinn is in the mix.

Gus Bradley was the Seahawks DC last year. He was my favorite last year. Isn't Carroll more offensive minded?

Carroll was both OC and DC at the college level. All his NFL experience was on the D side... DB coach (Bills/ Jets) and then Jets DC.

I don't think many of you realize how the Mangini firing soured the organizations image to the rest of the league.

Sin of the previous regime...

Chud's axing is a fresh sin.

Brilliant!

And the most messed up thing is we still have yet to hit rock bottom.

What happens when we don't land our 1st 2nd 3rd choice as Coach this year the same as last year, when Lombanner busts the entire draft?

Rock Bottom?

No Rock bottom is when we spend the 4th pick on Manzeil ...and he refuses to play for this clusterfuck of an organization

I don't think many of you realize how the Mangini firing soured the organizations image to the rest of the league. Mangini was so well respected throughout the league and in his 2nd year he had the league talking about the Browns as a serious up and coming threat after what we did to NE and NO, which are still the best days in the lives of Browns fans since 99. Shitcanning him has done the most to damage the Browns rep more than anything. Sports writers torched us for that decision.

I blame George Kokinis. If we would have had a decent GM it would have protected us from Homogren and Mangini would probably still be here.

ESPN reported that the browns have asked permission to interview the D-corrdinator of the Seahawks and some other team. Can't remember who though. Sorry.

He was the D-coordinator of the Seahawks AND some other team! Damn! Without even knowing who the second team is I am impressed. I think we've found our man!

Sorry couldn't resist.

What's it MATTER who the HC is? THIS is who acquires/keeps & loses talent......The great Lombardi (and Banner)!!!

Lombardi.jpg

Based on the above, WHY was he hired by Banner? If he continues that trend, the Browns lose lots more games & at least THIS season ticket holder. In addition, where was he trying to obtain a VIABLE backup to (or replacement for) Campbell so Chud had opportunity to win? IMHO, if we lose OUR FAs (almost certainly due to low player morale), don't obtain at least ONE significant FA & draft well, BOTH Lombardi & the dumbass who hired him should be gone.

If we're going to demand excellence, then be consistent & start at the top Jimmy...IF you have the balls!!!

Mike,....Sadly, just another sucker who believed in you

What's it MATTER who the HC is? THIS is who acquires/keeps & loses talent......The great Lombardi (and Banner)!!!

Lombardi.jpg

Based on the above, WHY was he hired by Banner? If he continues that trend, the Browns lose lots more games & at least THIS season ticket holder. In addition, where was he trying to obtain a VIABLE backup to (or replacement for) Campbell so Chud had opportunity to win? IMHO, if we lose OUR FAs (almost certainly due to low player morale), don't obtain at least ONE significant FA & draft well, BOTH Lombardi & the dumbass who hired him should be gone.

If we're going to demand excellence, then be consistent & start at the top Jimmy...IF you have the balls!!!

Mike,....Sadly, just another sucker who believed in you

are you saying that Mike Lombardi made all these picks by himself?

Any pick that was made in Oakland was made by Al Davis. He had very little input there

Archived