THE BROWNS BOARD

If Bridgewater and Bortles are gone what do you do?

jeffinwv

If we take BPA all the way, then I doubt we end up with a QB at any point, before maybe the fourth round when we look at someone like McCarron or Boyd. That said, I'm not against giving Hoyer a shot and taking Clowney, just think Manziel is more likely to succeed than Hoyer.

Don't panic. Draft Watkins and Jordan Matthews in the 1st round.Hyde or Seastrunk in the 3rd and a TE in later rounds.Give Hoyer plenty of weapons to see if he is the guy.Next year will be QB heavy.

i agree with the don't panic plan, but i also agree with jeffinwv, if clowney is there you gotta take him unless someone comes at you with a trade option that you can't refuse.

there are other VERY good WRs besides watkins in this upcoming draft. i like the kid, i agree that he is a playmaker, but can we get someone with a little more height? half of the TD passes thrown in the end zone nowadays are to guys that are hovering over their CB matchups.

I have a gamepass subscription to see every Browns game and ESPN here shows the College stuff.

Same on the gamepass. Just thinking it might be nice to watch the game with other browns fans some time.

Don't panic. Draft Watkins and Jordan Matthews in the 1st round.Hyde or Seastrunk in the 3rd and a TE in later rounds.Give Hoyer plenty of weapons to see if he is the guy.Next year will be QB heavy.

So take a first round WR, then a first round WR? Are you secretly Matt Millen? ;)

Same on the gamepass. Just thinking it might be nice to watch the game with other browns fans some time.

So take a first round WR, then a first round WR? Are you secretly Matt Millen? ;)

No I would clean out the WR on ths team.Replace with guys that can catch and make plays.(Little,Bess they GONE)

i agree with the don't panic plan, but i also agree with jeffinwv, if clowney is there you gotta take him unless someone comes at you with a trade option that you can't refuse.

there are other VERY good WRs besides watkins in this upcoming draft. i like the kid, i agree that he is a playmaker, but can we get someone with a little more height? half of the TD passes thrown in the end zone nowadays are to guys that are hovering over their CB matchups.

Clowney seemed to lay down this past year,Albert Haynesworth comes to mind.

Clowney seemed to lay down this past year,Albert Haynesworth comes to mind.

well most people were telling him not to play at all because of injury concern and he'd lose millions (RB lattimore from his same school blew his knees out in 2012 and prob never play again.....and he was a heisman trophy hopeful and would have been the first RB picked).

you can't use this past year's performance as his measuring stick. the dude lights it up when it comes time to play.

No I would clean out the WR on ths team.Replace with guys that can catch and make plays.(Little,Bess they GONE)

I agree they should be gone - got a feeling they won't be, but they should be. But that doesn't mean we need to have two new first rounders to replace them. One, sure, and maybe a later pick in the third/fourth, but we have other areas of concern that need addressing too.

well most people were telling him not to play at all because of injury concern and he'd lose millions (RB lattimore from his same school blew his knees out in 2012 and prob never play again.....and he was a heisman trophy hopeful and would have been the first RB picked).

you can't use this past year's performance as his measuring stick. the dude lights it up when it comes time to play.

Hard to say how he was influnced.Just like the idea of adding 2 playmakers especially with Gordon being 1 strike away.

I agree they should be gone - got a feeling they won't be, but they should be. But that doesn't mean we need to have two new first rounders to replace them. One, sure, and maybe a later pick in the third/fourth, but we have other areas of concern that need addressing too.

Take the 2 top playmakers in the 1st.You still have 8 picks left.

Westside Steve made a good point in another thread, where if Browns do well this year we won't be in the top 5-10 for next year's draft. If we don't draft a QB this year, what do you do next year?

If they do well with Hoyer, having armed him with some more offensive playmakers, do they draft a 2015 QB or not? Obviously if there are QB woes next year, causing another 4-12 or 5-11 season, then drafting a 2015 QB is mandatory. But if Browns do well yet still see a need for a future franchise QB beyond Hoyer, and say, will draft in the mid-upper teens minimum next year, does it make sense to trade up next year to get QB of their choice? I suppose that depends on how well the team does across the board, and how much other positions need upgrades. If they are all set except for QB, trading up seems like a no-brainer. But how likely is that to happen.

It's hard to tell. Qb's rise and fall unpredictably before the draft. Last year Geno Smith started off as the unquestionably first overall pick.

I also don't follow the logic that next year will be QB "Heavy". This is said every single year except for last. The only time it was true was 2012. But every year the next is claimed as QB heavy and we get up to it and find out that QB's didn't have as good of seasons and the Juniors are not leaving for the draft.

I just ran through fanspeak.com's mock draft sim and drafted Watkins at 4 just to see what could possibly be. ( I know it probably holds no water as everything will change come draft day) but here's what I got

1a - Watkins (WR Clem)

1b - Manziel (QB TAMU)

2 - Tre Mason (RB Aub)

3a - Gabe Jackson (G Miss)

3b - Abbrederis (WR Wisc)

4a - Morgan Moses (OT Va)

4b - Jaylen Watkins (CB Fla)

5 - De'Anthony Thomas (RB Oregon)

6 - Chris Davis (DB Aub)

7 - JC Copeland (FB LSU)

Kinda wish I could have gotten an ILB instead of 2 CBs somewhere but if we drafted that I could not complain at all. A ton of offensive weapons each with their own skill set.

I just ran through fanspeak.com's mock draft sim and drafted Watkins at 4 just to see what could possibly be. ( I know it probably holds no water as everything will change come draft day) but here's what I got

1a - Watkins (WR Clem)

1b - Manziel (QB TAMU)

2 - Tre Mason (RB Aub)

3a - Gabe Jackson (G Miss)

3b - Abbrederis (WR Wisc)

4a - Morgan Moses (OT Va)

4b - Jaylen Watkins (CB Fla)

5 - De'Anthony Thomas (RB Oregon)

6 - Chris Davis (DB Aub)

7 - JC Copeland (FB LSU)

Kinda wish I could have gotten an ILB instead of 2 CBs somewhere but if we drafted that I could not complain at all. A ton of offensive weapons each with their own skill set.

I doubt Manziel lasts that long. Plus, I agree, an ILB is needed, even if DQJ stays. Once I've done a bit more research on the lower rounds I'll put mine up...

Archived