THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Carr ... Browns "guy"?

Zombo

Carr got outclassed by Fales in the second half if their shootout.

He's a system QB from a terrible conference, and got rick-rolled by the first decent defense he faced.

If the Browns pick Carr and he inevitably flops, man. Not sure what I'd do.

You would suck it up and keep trudging on as always lol B) anyways I don't like Carr either... But as I said eakrier this is either smokescreen babble bullshit or lombitchi trying to be the fucktard that he really is. I'd either mccaron or garropolo in the third or fourth. Hell if one of the top three slides Dar enough I'll take one, but not at 4! Or maybe even 26 for that matter. These are late first to second round guys in a draft where there are solid pocket passing prospect(s) with heat phsyocal specs who played in systems simikiar to the pros.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont like carr nor mccarron dont think either would be a good pro!I also dont get what people want cousins for what cause he had good game against us?

That's precisely it. Any qb can have a great game against

our brownies sorry to say.... Cousins is garbage. He is no upgrade over Hoyer... Hoyer may turn out to be godlike or he may be just like cousins.... A couple solid games and that's it confirming his status as a career backup/journeyman. But I believe we give him a solid shit this year. 16 games. Unless he's injured.and he better get at least 50 hours of sliding lessons... Kid had the most awkward slide I ever seen when he tore his acl.... More like sitting to take a dump then a slide lol. But I admire his uber fast release and vision of the field. He doesn't miss wide open gimme plays like weeds. Hell no one misses as many wide open gimme plays as weeds.

Called it. Haters gonna hate yo.

Called it. Haters gonna hate yo.

We all feel better knowing you're endorsing him, what with your legendary track record on player endorsements.

I'd rather have Manziel than Carr - or Bridgewater, or Bortles. Or Garropolo. Or Hoyer

Im with ya.

I'd rather have Manziel than Carr - or Bridgewater, or Bortles. Or Garropolo. Or Hoyer

Here is the deal....it's not about what WE want. It's about who Farmer wants. That's the way I am looking at this draft process. Early on Farmer said he knew who he liked at QB and it wasn't necessairly who everybody would think....this was said before he was appointed GM. So.....maybe it is Carr.

I guess what I am saying is when and if the Browns start selecting players you don't want, don't start calling Farmer a useless POS who doesn't know what he is doing.

We are going to have to wait a while and see what he can do before we can do that. ;)

Here is the deal....it's not about what WE want. It's about who Farmer wants. That's the way I am looking at this draft process. Early on Farmer said he knew who he liked at QB and it wasn't necessairly who everybody would think....this was said before he was appointed GM. So.....maybe it is Carr.

I guess what I am saying is when and if the Browns start selecting players you don't want, don't start calling Farmer a useless POS who doesn't know what he is doing.

We are going to have to wait a while and see what he can do before we can do that. ;)

agreed. there are gonna be a lot of broken hearts come may 8th. i trust farmer more than i have trusted in a GM around here in a long time. i mean heckert did us good, but this guy comes from the ground up and probably knows more about talent by being in the trenches for so long.

If you Google it, say, Browns Carr Raiders,

a lot of reports come up.

It's interesting. Carr has said his family are

huge Cowboy and Raiders fans..

maybe....the Browns could trade down with

the Raiders, let them have Carr, and they

might still have their choice of Mosely or Mack.

Then they could get the Vikings in on the competition, raise the ante.

I could see it at 26. Weird. Always so much smoke blowing before the draft.

It's fun.

If that's the attitude, then why even bother discussing it? Let's just wait until May and bitch about it then?

I was just saying that I don't want Carr. I doubt Ray Farmer's reading this board, and even if he were, his opinion isn't likely to be swayed by a guy talking about what he wants.

I'm excited to see what happens, I've got a really good feeling about Farmer, when it comes to talent evaluation. Maybe we don't see many trades this year while he gets to grips with running a draft in general, but on a pure player basis, I'm excited.

I'm with 'peen & mik on this. I have total faith in Farmer & if he wants Carr (or whoever), I'll trust that. We finally have a GM who has seen this game from a player's, scout's, & executive's viewpoint. I see that as good for all concerned & am really looking forward to the coming months.

Mike

sorry,I cant put faith in a guy who wants to draft an imploding interception machine in Carr.

I don't see that "it" factor with Carr...

but seriously. suppose Carr was just suffering

from playing on an offense that just is outmatched

by superior talent a lot?

Or something. If true, Farmer would see that. I trust that

Farmer is our "Ozzie Newsome" of the stupid, dirty, stinkin ratbirds.

The man has serious respect all around the league.

Banner and Scumbardi did not.

None of us are experts, and we all have stupid opinions. It will be a riot

to see how it all plays out ! My bet is on Farmer and co. to nail it.

I don't know where you guys get the bullshit that he can't handle pressure? That's a load of BS.

First of all, his newborn child was in a life and death situation and he managed to keep his head in the game and not let that destroy his game. He's as fierce a competitor as you'll find at the QB position. Where as Manziel appears to be a fiery competitor- it's all a show, whereas Carr is genuinely legit and passionate about the game.

Secondly. If you want to know about him under pressure, look no further than his game last season against Boise State. That was his last chance to beat them, his brother couldn't do it and he made Derek hang a banner in his room of Boise state until he beat them... it was his last chance and it was intense. I watched the entire game on Youtube so I know. It was a great feat and showed that he can handle extreme pressure. Beating them for his brother and their family meant so much and he accomplished it. Say what you want about Boise but that game was going back and forth and Carr stepped up and won that game. While you say he buckles under pressure that would have been a time when he would have done it, he didn't. Crow.

Lastly, everyone wants to talk about how he folded under pressure in the bowl game. Look, everybody has a bad game here or there. It was a bad game, that is all. It was a team loss, it wasn't all on Carr. The team he faced was prepared and executed. That's what it comes down to. So, by the hater's reasoning- Peyton Manning is Trash because he got beat by a noob in Russel Wilson? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Derek Carr is a smart QB, he knows the game, he will know everybody's job on offense. He will be able to break down a defense and make them pay with his deep ball accuracy. I would even tell you that he has a arm stronger than Weeden, and a QB's arm at that. He doesn't just throw hard. He put touch on his throws which allows the receivers to catch his passes and make plays after the catch.

I could go on and on as to why he'll be the next QB of the Browns, but, I'll leave some for everyone else to post.

I quit reading your bullshit right here. Manziel is one of the most passionate players I've ever seen.

Sure Carr is passionate, but so was Brady Quinn and Colt McCoy.

Derek Carr got manhandled by USC, it was scary ugly.

Here is Carr's tape against USC: http://draftbreakdown.com/video/derek-carr-vs-usc-2013/

Here is the "lack of passion" from Manziel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPvqbhxbQ1U

That's the problem with Browns fans, we always want the "nice guy" and never the assholes.

Nice guys finish last and die first, Manziel isn't a nice guy and he doesn't finish last. He usually finished on a 19 year old cheerleaders face.

dude. you are one class act. i would pay for you not to be a browns fan.

Watching and responding to your film of "the game that Carr sucked"...

1- Missed/overthrew a wide open WR on a fade in the back corner by a couple feet... next play hits a TD to tie the game.

2- next time he is on the field he's down by a TD again... maybe its an issue of Fresno's defense? Anyways there are some dropped passes... if you listen to the announcers they say that he avoids pressure again and completes the pass.. on the previous play he got layed out delievering a catchable ball that was dropped... Carr throws an amazing passes that gets dropped, consequently he takes a shot gets up holding a shoulder. An offensive pass interference call puts him in long distance. .. another couple drops...

let's see end of the first and Fresno has yet to have a conventional running attempt...

Personal foul on the defense(playing chippy and taking shots)

Uhm, next time he gets on the field down 6 to 21... once again Carr is not allowing all these TDs! there is a three minute window when he's not on the field and USC scores again...

he over throws Adams on 3rd and 3 on an in and out, wide open. He had pressure on him of a guy diving at his legs, he releases the ball as soon as adams cuts back up field, good timing just put too much on it... btw, next time he's on the field USC has already scored again... it's not 28 - 6 ... All Carr.

So. It's 28 to 6, Carr is down, and then USC blows up a screen pass to Adams, hurting Adams on the tackle.

3rd down, Carr delivers an awesome back shoulder pass to the WR for a 1st down.

WR misses a nice catchable ball. Then Carr overthrows Adams again. Maybe Adams isn't running as fast as normal and it's throwing off the timing.. but Carr did overthrow him and he'd admit that.

Next time he's on the field... 35 - 6... delivers a nice pass for another first down to a WR comeback... then a dropped pass. another drop.

Okay, so it's halftime, Fresno is down 35 to 6. Carr has been harassed and the WRs are struggling to get open and catch passes against a chippy USC defense. Obviously Fresno can't stop USC, it's like putting a napkin over a fire hose up to this point. AND you want to blame it all on Carr right? Give me a fucking break. It's very similar to the Superbowl game this year where Peyton fell behind and when it rains it pours.

So this one game, this one game where USC is unstoppable and WRs dropping balls, this is the game you pin Derek Carr a bum huh? nice... and dumb.

*watching a little more, still 35 to 6, on 4th down carr hits the WR through a small window for a first down.. pressure? another drop... then a couple plays later a nice bomb by Carr for a TD. He's still fighting.

next time he's on the field it now 38 to 13.. beautiful pass for a first down- DROPPED. Then another nice pass for another drop.. then guess what- another drop!!! WR runs the wrong route.

He throws another nice ball to adams for another first down. Another Pass interference call against USC.

Drives Fresno all the way down to the redzone and the WR goes to sleep allowing USC to intercept the ball in the endzone... that one was on Adams. But it's the end of the 3rd Quarter now.

Somehow Fresno scores and it's 38 to 20 now... a couple plays later its 45 to 20... Carr is still fighting, throws a huuuge bomb to a WR wide the fuck open and it's dropped...

Well, that's the game. You've been served. Crow.

Archived