THE BROWNS BOARD

Darren McFadden

gftChris

Something that's popped up a few times as I've been searching around for news is Darren McFadden to the Browns. Most likely it's BS, but what do you think?

Obviously talented, but injured a lot. I could see it on a one-year contract with low basic, good incentives, including a rise dependent on snap count, with an option for the club to extend. Basically what Jason Campbell was on. But you wouldn't go in with him as the sole RB, for sure.

I do like DMC, and I could definitely get behind it, but I wouldnt want it to be too long. 1-2 years max. Also, I wouldnt think he'd be overly expensive, but he is talented, and if he can stay healthy, he can be really good. That is a huge if, since he has only been able to play 13 games in one season as his most. Also he's only played in 29 in the last 3 years...

I dont like the move at all. He is beyond his prime and his health as mentioned is always a concern. We need a back that we think can make it through the bulk of a season. You bring in McFadden and he's injured mid season and we are down 1 at RB. The odds that happens are high. I think going after someone like Gerhardt and drafting one is a better option.

I dont like the move at all. He is beyond his prime and his health as mentioned is always a concern. We need a back that we think can make it through the bulk of a season. You bring in McFadden and he's injured mid season and we are down 1 at RB. The odds that happens are high. I think going after someone like Gerhardt and drafting one is a better option.

I agree, as much as I don't want to. DM is extremely talented, but has been hurt the majority of his career. He is just out of prime, but still probably better than McCrapee. I'd like a second round RB over DM just because of the high probability he won't play much

yeah i was going to bring up the mcgahee comparison.

if this was only his 3rd year, sure but he's damaged goods going into his 7th year, never completing a whole 16 game schedule because of injuries and out of those six years he's had one 1,000+ yd season.

no thanks.

why do we even consider players like this? like he's going to be rejuvenated coming to cleveland?

c'mon man!

yeah i was going to bring up the mcgahee comparison.

if this was only his 3rd year, sure but he's damaged goods going into his 7th year, never completing a whole 16 game schedule because of injuries and out of those six years he's had one 1,000+ yd season.

no thanks.

why do we even consider players like this? like he's going to be rejuvenated coming to cleveland?

c'mon man!

if we can get him cheap, why not? What if he does actually stay healthy and reaches his potential? Id still draft another guy to compete with him.

I don't think McFadden has the drive to be a good rb. I really think he is just collecting checks at this point. If he signs a one year deal somewhere he may put forth enough effort to get a big contract. The talent is there, but I don't trust him at all.

Shannahan said he wanted a workhorse at rb, so I don't think McFadden fits the bill. I think we will look at gerhart or maybe Jones drew, but it more likely we look in this deep draft. I like storm Johnson, Charles Sims, Carlos Hyde, and Antonio Andrews, in that order. I also like seastrunk a lot, but I don't know if he fits the zone blocking scheme because he does get twinkle toes in the backfield.

NO, NO & NO!!!

Did Larry Dolan dream this up? Give us your sore armed, oft injured hand me downs & hope they have a career year??? Hell no! Sign GOOD players who stay on the field & improve the Browns long term.

Mike

The sad fact is, when hes healthy hed be the best back on this roster. Players like McFadden are exactly the type of players we should target in fa. We cant be picky in Cleveland. Whats the worst that could happen? He gets hurt? Even after the draft hed be the best back for next year. If he comes cheap, we could do worse.

Actually, just read an article where people thought the ZBS was one excuses as to why he had a poor year in 2012... so that wouldnt be a good thing. HOWEVER... Roy Helu only ran the ball 62 times last year while catching 31 balls. DMC would fill more of the Helu role than the Morris role because he is a pretty good receiving back I would think. We wouldnt bring him in as a primary back. I would also have to believe he is a better pass protector than Dion Lewis.

No on McFadden. The only case would be if he was cheap, and not the sole responsibility at the position. And that probably isn't likely to be the situation.

I hope it's all rumor and Farmer Pettine know they can easily do better.

Running back is one of a few positions in the NFL where a rookie can make a serious impact for a team and is currently devalued in terms of draft stock. I'd much rather spend a third or move into the late second and get one of the better backs in the draft than even toy with signing a guy like DMC who is hurt often.

With that in mind, the draft should go something like this: Roby at 4, Shazier at 26, Carlos Hyde in the 2nd, Jack Mewhort in the 3rd, and Philly Brown in a later round. Sign Kenny Guitton undrafted and boom! browns are super bowls champs. It's too good a plan not to work.

Running back is one of a few positions in the NFL where a rookie can make a serious impact for a team and is currently devalued in terms of draft stock. I'd much rather spend a third or move into the late second and get one of the better backs in the draft than even toy with signing a guy like DMC who is hurt often.

With that in mind, the draft should go something like this: Roby at 4, Shazier at 26, Carlos Hyde in the 2nd, Jack Mewhort in the 3rd, and Philly Brown in a later round. Sign Kenny Guitton undrafted and boom! browns are super bowls champs. It's too good a plan not to work.

And sack Pettine and Farmer, let's get Urban Meyer in as coach/GM. Play Hoyer for a year until Miller declares and we can get him with our first rounder, and then we're superbowl bound!

And sack Pettine and Farmer, let's get Urban Meyer in as coach/GM. Play Hoyer for a year until Miller declares and we can get him with our first rounder, and then we're superbowl bound!

Finally someone gets it! And forget playing Hoyer for a year, let's trade for Terelle Pryor now. The QB competition would be one for the ages that's for sure.

In all seriousness though, I do believe Hyde will be a good football player in the NFL. I wouldn't be upset at all if that's what the Browns decide.

Finally someone gets it! And forget playing Hoyer for a year, let's trade for Terelle Pryor now. The QB competition would be one for the ages that's for sure.

In all seriousness though, I do believe Hyde will be a good football player in the NFL. I wouldn't be upset at all if that's what the Browns decide.

I could get behind it for a third. I think we have other issues that cannot necessarily be addressed as easily as RB in the later rounds, so spending a second on a RB would be a waste, like taking Watkins at 4 - it'd be nice, sure, but it's a luxury pick.

This guy always "looked like Tarzan, played like Jane." You could see talent, but it wasn't sustained. However, this could be a very real possibility of what happens when you play for the Raiders. Now, I realize that playing for the Browns generally doesn't amount to much more, but I'd be interested to see what this guy could do in new surroundings, especially with the new zone blocking scheme. That being said, the guy I really want is Toby Gerhart, and I think we can get him cheaper and he has less mileage. But we need a RB... that McGahee experiment was the worst excuse for a running game that I've ever seen.

Archived