THE BROWNS BOARD

COSMOS reboot tonight at 9 on Fox

VaporTrail

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE WRONG ARK METAPHOR

from Ken Ham -

In the latest 'Cosmos' TV episode, ‘The Immortals,’ narrator Neil deGrasse Tyson exploits the metaphorical value of Noah’s Ark as he presents a series of evolutionary themes -- while, not surprisingly, treats the biblical account as just a spin-off of the ancient Epic of Gilgamesh. Though admitting that evolutionists do not know how life could have evolved from lifeless elements through naturalistic processes, Tyson just assumes that it did. Then he weaves tales of how primordial life forms could have found an ‘ark’ of safety through earth’s presumed history of multiple catastrophic surface-destroying collisions over millions of years.

Tyson uses the Ark as a recurring theme in this program—but he uses it every way but biblically!

and you call that faith right?

In contrast to Tyson’s anti-biblical use of the metaphorical Ark, the true kind of metaphorical Ark the world needs to know about is this one: that just as there was one door in the real Ark of Noah (the only path to safety before the catastrophe that destroyed the earth), Jesus Christ today is the only Savior, the one door to salvation for man.

http://nationalreport.net/solar-panels-drain-suns-energy-experts-say/

From the "NATIONAL REPORT - America's #1 Independent News Team" - with pictures of Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin either side of the logo. Sure, independent.

“Put into laymen’s terms, the solar panels capture the sun’s energy, but pull on the sun over time, forcing more energy to be released than the sun is actually producing,” WIT claims in a scientific white paper published on Wednesday. “Imagine a waterfall, dumping water. But you aren’t catching the water in buckets, but rather sucking it in with a vacuum cleaner. Eventually, you’re going to suck in so much water that you drain the river above that waterfall completely.”

The study was commissioned in August 2011 by the Halliburton corporation, who wanted to learn if the energy giant should start manufacturing and selling solar panels domestically and internationally.

Shockingly, the result came back the solar panels are not good, and we should continue to rely on oil. Who would have though?

Wiki - "Halliburton Company is an American multinational corporation and currently one of the world's largest oil field services companies with operations in more than 80 countries."

Yeah I Googled around and you aren't the only one. There is usually a guy in the forums where its posted that points it out though. Apparently it says it is satirical somewhere on the site but its very hidden.

But "America's #1 Independent News Team = Cruz and Palin.... Lol. There's your giveaway haha

I don't think he ain't pulling for nothing ...

it's sad that the woodies gloat about science,

and want respect for their decisions to

ride the science train on everything....

but that's a very shallow appraisal of

everything about people.

And, with woody, it's "don't dare bash my opinions, but I

can bash yours all the time because of...uh...."science".

everything about people.

Because science is rational and a belief in invisible friends would be mental illness if instead of saying God someone was saying it was a goblin. However, there is just as much proof of Jimmy the Goblin as there is God.

everything about people.

You can attempt to bash my beliefs all you want, idc. I'm taking the side science supports. You know, testing, data, peer reviews, etc.

If anyone wants to bash the scientific views of the day with "faith" or just unsound thinking, go ahead. I won't stop you from looking like an idiot.

DieHard, what if I had faith, but not faith in the invisible man you just so happen to be told to believe as a child? Does that not count?

Fuck "faith". I don't need false hope. I don't need the threat of hell or the promise of heaven to be a good person. I certainly don't need a fairy tale book to "foretell the future" or describe "history". I can think for myself without the ideals of a magic man from the middle east but that was totally white though...

... that goes for any religion too, since I know you like to cry about me "just" bashing Christianity

Actually it should probably go for any set of morals values you choose to live your life by other than survival of the fittest and the law of the jungle which are the only natural laws there are. But we don't do that. None of us. It's just that some of us sneer at that if they call it true religion but brag about it when they call it their own personal values.

WSS

Where do you think the idea in your head came from that you shouldn't kill other humans?

We are a social species that has our own community and society, like some other species. There are natural laws involved there that tell us not kill others of the same species, support each other, etc. Are our laws more advanced? Yes. Probably helps we have a more advanced intellect.

I'll sneer at the belief that the only reason we have order in society is religion.

so you would not be offended if die hard shot you dressed you out cooked you up and fed you to his family?

okay then.....

PS which species in particular does not kill other members?

WSS

What exactly does that have to do with anything?

I am mostly talking about species that exist in a group or society. Chimps will attack other groups to expand on territory, but they won't turn on their own group. Animals act in their own self interest, as well as the interest for their group/or species (some do at least). Over time we may have developed/evolved a more complex set of morals because it gave us a better way to protect our species and our close groups. It would be just like us developing opposable thumbs. I am definitely no expert on Biology, so I would have to look in to it more. A quick google search shows that there has been a lot of research on the subject.

The point I'm making is that the only answer for our morality is not "God" or religion in general. In fact, like most things suggested by religion, science can provide a more likely answer or set of possible answers. It seems like this is something we just evolved over time, stemming from the social interaction we can see among primates.

Because science is rational and a belief in invisible friends would be mental illness if instead of saying God someone was saying it was a goblin. However, there is just as much proof of Jimmy the Goblin as there is God.

the more I read this barf, the more I believe you were hungover when you typed this...

you know, in AA ( alcoholics anonymous) - one of the 12 steps is belief in a "higher power"

alot of people were told that thier personal "higher power" could be an "imaginary being"....

I wonder if thats where you are stuck in your thinking ?

need to review? - my point was a contrast in what you scientist priests call the "only way"

with an accomplished professor of combustion and thermodynamics [see video?]

A man of knowledge with a biblical worldview.... huh? whats that??

BTW my faith is in Jesus Christ . that is all, as He is my all in all!

No one said religious people can't be scientists. They are a very small minority, but they exist.

If you can't even manage the amount you drink, do the point you are damaging yourself, then tell them whatever they need to hear to get it turned around. If that means the belief of an imaginary being in the sky that totally cares about you and has a plan for you, go ahead. False hope as a method to turn their life around is better than dying of alcoholism.

Believe what you want, it is a free country. Just don't act like it is anywhere near as rational or realistic as what the scientific method has given us. Cling to your ancient beliefs however you like, act like your story book is better than the others, but don't bring that in to any public policy or anything actually important that affects me.

Cling to your ancient beliefs however you like, act like your story book is better than the others, but don't bring that in to any public policy or anything actually important that affects me. woody

ah. so don't bring anti-Christian viewpoints to any public policy, or anything

actually important that affects me, either.

See, Christians also are allowed to be represented in our gov.

Too bad for you would-be deities who want to control everything.

the more I read this barf, the more I believe you were hungover when you typed this...

you know, in AA ( alcoholics anonymous) - one of the 12 steps is belief in a "higher power"

alot of people were told that thier personal "higher power" could be an "imaginary being"....

I wonder if thats where you are stuck in your thinking ?

need to review? - my point was a contrast in what you scientist priests call the "only way"

with an accomplished professor of combustion and thermodynamics [see video?]

A man of knowledge with a biblical worldview.... huh? whats that??

BTW my faith is in Jesus Christ . that is all, as He is my all in all!

Not hungover. I just don't see something very complex and immediately jump to the idea that one of the imaginary friends must have created it.

Cling to your ancient beliefs however you like, act like your story book is better than the others, but don't bring that in to any public policy or anything actually important that affects me. woody

Well I guess it is a good thing then that people are getting less religious. We can eventually see a day when people aren't relying on the ideas of their imaginary friends to make public policy.

I won't Cal. I don't want to see any public policy that attacks any religion in any way. You have the freedom to believe whatever dumb ideas you choose to. I don't want to see any anti-Christian, anti-Muslim, anti-Atheist, anti-whatever policies.

Christians can be in govt all they like (you know, like damn near everyone in govt now). Just don't base public policy on some page from an ancient book that has been translated and edited dozens of times. I want these important issues, things that affect myself and others, to be decided on facts and reasoning. Not "faith" and fictional stories.

I don't want to see a congressman mentioning the "end times". I don't want to hear how gay marriage should be illegal because it is a "sin". I don't want to see my governor wasting tax payer money on a public prayer session for rain...

Do you understand now? Or am I going to have to explain it again for you?

Well I guess it is a good thing then that people are getting less religious. We can eventually see a day when people aren't relying on the ideas of their imaginary friends to make public policy.

Or a day where an intelligent, free thinking presidential candidate has to pretend they are more Christian than they are to get elected. Republican or Democrat, even if an atheist/agnostic/whatever was clearly the best candidate, they wouldn't get elected. They'd have to stand up there and say God and Jesus a few times to get the votes needed... what a shame

Well I guess it is a good thing then that people are getting less religious. We can eventually see a day when people aren't relying on the ideas of their imaginary friends to make public policy. Logic

Less religious, imho, is a good thing. I wish you anti-religious folks would understand

the difference between religion and spirituality. So you aren't Christian. I don't put that down.

It's your choice. However, you and woody ridicule others who do believe. See the difference?

And woody, you can't say the fraudulent gay "marriage" should be okay, because you don't have

Christian beliefs. I DO, others do, and we see it as a sin. And, as a slap in the face to most of America

that knows marriage can only be between a man and a woman, it's going to get to a point where

America starts swinging the pendulum back to common decency and a little more conservative policies.

You've explained your bigotry very well. Christians are "allowed" in gov, but they have to

ACT like they believe and don't believe like you. Typical lib hypocrisy.

Maybe, non-believers are "allowed" in gov, but they must ACT like they believe and don't believe,

like Christians?

Arrogance and hypocrisy - that's what I see. Bigotry toward others. Of course a Christian can support

Christian policies in gov. It's who he is. Just like an altheist can also support non-Christian policies.

You libs always think that your way must be the only way. Pretty strange. I say, if a Christian baker doesn't want

to betray his beliefs on gay "marriage", and refuses to condone that "wedding" by baking them a cake, then so be it. Let the perverts go to another baker. No harm, no foul.

The trouble is, the political/social dictatorship over those who don't dabble in sick liberal land.

And spare the rest of us with "but what about refusing a black couple.." nonsense. There is no aspect

of being of a different skin color that warrants any legit objection. It doesn't nothing to force society to

have a new definition of the established institution of marriage.

Or a day where an intelligent, free thinking presidential candidate has to pretend they are more Christian than they are to get elected. Republican or Democrat, even if an atheist/agnostic/whatever was clearly the best candidate, they wouldn't get elected. They'd have to stand up there and say God and Jesus a few times to get the votes needed... what a shame

What's funny is that you think an "intelligent, free thinking presidential candidate" only exaggerated their religious or spiritual street cred to get elected.

Archived