THE BROWNS BOARD

Press conference

LondonBrown

Whitner trying to get Tedd Ginn JR to sign says could happen

Maybe, if the Hawkins signing doesn't come to fruition. But Ginn had a good year with the Panthers and Cam. Not sure why he would leave that situation. He is a FA. Does Carolina not want him?

Or maybe Whitner should try to get his running mate from San Fran to come here: Tarell Brown.

ESPN has him as the #1 best Corner FA. Better than Talib, better than Revis. Better than Vontae Davis or Sam Shields.

Ginn Jr. would be a tremendous upgrade at kickoff returns

ginn jr has been in the league a lot longer than benjamin and i bet ya they both have equal speed and both have the same injury potential considering their frame.

ginn jr has been in the league a lot longer than benjamin and i bet ya they both have equal speed and both have the same injury potential considering their frame.

Benjamin is a punt returner not a kick off returner IMO

Benjamin is a punt returner not a kick off returner IMO

Right. Even when healthy Benjamin was not handling KORs.

Of course, now 75% of kickoffs are touchbacks, so KR is becoming a devalued position.

But they can still be killer....ask The Broncos.

Whitner was terrible last year in coverage. I really don't understand the thinking here, Ward should have been re-signed.

I'm sure someone on here has a website with all the rankings, but Ward can't tackle and is slow in pass coverage. He never wraps up a ball carrier. and only had 1 good year and that was last year......... his contract year.

Whitner has been an outstanding tackler his entire career

It was his best ever year in coverage according to PFF

I knew someone on here would have stats

Right. Even when healthy Benjamin was not handling KORs.

Of course, now 75% of kickoffs are touchbacks, so KR is becoming a devalued position.

But they can still be killer....ask The Broncos.

Benjamin would get hit full speed by a linebacker or running back on one kickoff... And we would never hear from him again. Ever.

Benjamin would get hit full speed by a linebacker or running back on one kickoff... And we would never hear from him again. Ever.

That's why he's a punt returner

Whitner was terrible last year in coverage. I really don't understand the thinking here, Ward should have been re-signed.

I liked Ward's passion & energy, but he wasn't very good in pass coverage. I don't think it's a huge loss, wish him well.

I liked Ward's passion & energy, but he wasn't very good in pass coverage. I don't think it's a huge loss, wish him well.

Just seemed like no one ever noticed his "passion and energy" until he needed a new contract.

He will go back to being a nobody, until his next contract year

after they edit it they will put it up again.. most likely tomorrow.

I'm sure someone on here has a website with all the rankings, but Ward can't tackle and is slow in pass coverage. He never wraps up a ball carrier. and only had 1 good year and that was last year......... his contract year.

Whitner has been an outstanding tackler his entire career

It depends on what you mean by "tackle". He's very effective for his size getting a ball carrier on the ground. Just ask Rob Gronkowski.

Archived