THE BROWNS BOARD

Colts owner Jim Irsay jailed by Carmel Police

DieHardBrownsFan

Colts owner Jim Irsay jailed by Carmel police

TheIndyChannel.com Staff
7:51 AM, Mar 17, 2014
1 hour ago
Jim_Irsay_mug_1395057072851_3478279_ver1

HAMILTON COUNTY, Ind. - Officials confirmed Colts owner Jim Irsay was arrested and jailed over the weekend in Carmel, Ind.

Hamilton County Jail authorities said Irsay was arrested late Sunday night by Carmel police. He was booked at 3 a.m. Monday morning in the jail.

Irsay faces preliminary charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance.

His bond is set at $22,500, with his bond hearing set for 1:30 p.m. in Hamilton County.

In October 2013, Irsay tweeted that he doesn't drink alcohol.

In 2002, Irsay admitted to a past dependence on painkillers and said he had undergone treatment.

RTV6's Rafael Sanchez talked to a spokesperson for Irsay. They said a statement would be released on Irsay's arrest sometime Monday morning.

Watch RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.

Copyright 2014 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Print this article Back to Top

Those vicodin are a bitch to put down. I know from experience that in many ways the painkillers are the perfect drug for abusers. No muss, no fuss. You don't reek of booze, your clothes stay burnhole free and you don't need to cook.

I wish him good luck in his effort to quit but I hope he waits to make a few trades with the Browns before he starts his 12-step program.

Edit:

He was charged with possession of Schedule IV drugs (i.e ambien, Xanax)

Seperated at birth?

mel-gibson-mug-shot.jpgjim-irsay-mugshot.jpg?w=539&h=404

He's 54 ... Looks like he's 74.

Probably a hardcore addiction.

Cut Peyton Manning and traded a first rounder for Trent Richardson ... So it's obviously working for him.

Z

Glad he didnt kill anyone. Why cant these ppl just go out the Seymore Hoffman way. By themselves with thier favorite drugs. He should get his ass handed to him by Goodell, but he is a pussy and will let this shit slide. It will all go away though. There will be free beer at the first home game.

Glad he didnt kill anyone. Why cant these ppl just go out the Seymore Hoffman way. By themselves with thier favorite drugs. He should get his ass handed to him by Goodell, but he is a pussy and will let this shit slide. It will all go away though. There will be free beer at the first home game.

Even if he killed someone 30 days and probation maybe. Welcome to our society.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman was a father with a family, and we idolize him even though he died with a needle in his arm.

My family did that shit and it'd been different.

Ignorance.

the new american epidemic. prescrip pain meds.

kids start out by delving in mom and dads medicine cabinet and start dropping oxy and vics. then when they realize that the street price per pill is more expensive than heroin they switch to H.

another generation of zombies.

one of my best friends is dropping $12hundred a month on that shit.

Colts owner Jim Irsay jailed by Carmel police

TheIndyChannel.com Staff
7:51 AM, Mar 17, 2014
1 hour ago
Jim_Irsay_mug_1395057072851_3478279_ver1

HAMILTON COUNTY, Ind. - Officials confirmed Colts owner Jim Irsay was arrested and jailed over the weekend in Carmel, Ind.

Hamilton County Jail authorities said Irsay was arrested late Sunday night by Carmel police. He was booked at 3 a.m. Monday morning in the jail.

Irsay faces preliminary charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance.

His bond is set at $22,500, with his bond hearing set for 1:30 p.m. in Hamilton County.

In October 2013, Irsay tweeted that he doesn't drink alcohol.

In 2002, Irsay admitted to a past dependence on painkillers and said he had undergone treatment.

RTV6's Rafael Sanchez talked to a spokesperson for Irsay. They said a statement would be released on Irsay's arrest sometime Monday morning.

Watch RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.

Copyright 2014 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Print this article Back to Top

The guy is 54, rich and still looks like the 70. His old man sold his soul to the devil, and he must have refinanced.

I've no pity for him.

Nor do I but keep in mind pity and empathy are two very different things. No one wakes up one day and has an epiphany that they would like to become an addict. I don't pity him, I do believe he is solely responsible for his actions. I feel he should be treated just like any of us as far as the legal implications as well.

Having said that I deeply feel empathy for the demons he is fighting having been there myself. I am one of the lucky who have been clean for almost 25 years. Most aren't that fortunate , many die

Nor do I but keep in mind pity and empathy are two very different things. No one wakes up one day and has an epiphany that they would like to become an addict. I don't pity him, I do believe he is solely responsible for his actions. I feel he should be treated just like any of us as far as the legal implications as well.

Having said that I deeply feel empathy for the demons he is fighting having been there myself. I am one of the lucky who have been clean for almost 25 years. Most aren't that fortunate , many die

Amen to that bro, 21 months here :-) Many folks are very misinformed about addiction and alcoholism. I hope that Jim gets sobered up again he was ten plus years clean before he got a divorce last year (supposedly). All anyone can do to truly help someone who is an addict or alcoholic is not enable them, pray for them, and when the time comes and they truely want help give it. Irsay is just another prime example that all it takes is one drink and us alcoholics quickly end up with that mugshot or worse in no time flat.

The guy is 54, rich and still looks like the 70. His old man sold his soul to the devil, and he must have refinanced.

He has apparently lost a lot of weight lately, as he appears much more gaunt here than he has before. Maybe the booze and drugs does that?

Archived