THE BROWNS BOARD

Mack stays with Browns

darren15

Exactly. The only thing that the Browns are thinking about is the guaranteed money in year 3 if he doesn't void the contract. He would be guaranteed 8 million then at the age of 31-32. Other than that, they get him cheaper for the next two seasons than what they were already prepared to pay him.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he just doesn't like you.

;)

He would be right to do so.

Maybe he just wants the best deal he can get.....I don't blame him there. Who knows??

As fans, our hearts get in the way of making the best decision. Players aren't fans for the most part

I think it is also probable that it was his agent who manufactured some of this supposed animosity he has against the Browns, which really isn't there. In the course of all this it was his agent who said that "he can craft an agreement that the Browns would not match"....as though Mack told him specifically that he does not want to play for the Browns. He also said "Mack wants to play under this deal...and he wants to play it in Jacksonville".

Again, all words out of the agents mouth, not Macks.

So, fuck a bunch of Marvin Demoff. This guy still holds grudges after 30+ years. The San Diego Chargers don't want to deal with him...because he still badmouths them because he believes they used the possiblility of trading for Elway (Demonff's client) as leverage to sign Dan Fouts to a new deal.

Ode to the Browns.. By DooDoo Brown..
Ode to those Brownies, they're such a cheery crowd,
Their women have bigger bulges, because they're more endowed.
They piss and whine and moan, and eventually start to scream.
Until one morning came, and Art done took the team.
"Why take the team???", the brownies said with a sigh,
Art said, "The dog shit is everywhere, it makes me want to cry"..
In the stands and in their hearts, the browns will remain,
Until they get flushed like the browns they are.. Signed, King James..
I shed a tear over this one guys.. Enjoy :)

At least you picked the right name...in that it implies that you are a piece of shit.

I was listening to KNR a couple days ago and the numbnuts Cleveland media guy (it might have been Munch) said Mack wouldn't go to the Jags because "who would want to play for that team?" I find it interesting that he can use that logic in a discussion between the Browns and the Jags. If there is a team in the NFL who's history would turn a guy away, the Browns have to lead that parade.

Thirteen Championships. Call us when you have reached the half way point.

Despite what you and most other Browns fans believe, the NFL has played a lot of football since the days you choose to remember. I realize there is nothing for you to thump your chest about in the last 50 years but don't you think it's time you get into the real world?

You are trolling on another team's forums, one that you say has not had anything to thump our chest about in 50 years...that is the "real world" in which you are living in right now.

Piss off.

Several things:

If Mack is dedicated to 'leaving it on the field' for the Browns then there is no down side for Mack comin' back home. The deal may even save the Browns a few bucks.

If the Browns have the same two year out that everyone says Mack has in his contract, better still. Both Mack and the Browns can clock out on the contract if things change to the degree it would be best for the Browns.

I'm lovin' seeing Pluto back track on his 'the Browns FO has fucked up for dropping the transition tag on Mack' BS. Hahaha, who'd a thought Farmer and the crew knew more than a sports writer (cough cough).

Several things:If Mack is dedicated to 'leaving it on the field' for the Browns then there is no down side for Mack comin' back home. The deal may even save the Browns a few bucks.If the Browns have the same two year out that everyone says Mack has in his contract, better still. Both Mack and the Browns can clock out on the contract if things change to the degree it would be best for the Browns.I'm lovin' seeing Pluto back track on his 'the Browns FO has fucked up for dropping the transition tag on Mack' BS. Hahaha, who'd a thought Farmer and the crew knew more than a sports writer (cough cough).

I have to admit I am not a fan of Grossi or Cabot either. Cleveland deserves better sports writers! In fact most of the Browns bloggers are better than those three.

You may call it trolling, I see it as a quick trip to the zoo to watch the monkeys play in their own poop :) It's a nice diversion from a busy day.

You call a nice diversion one that involves watching dumb primates throwing fecal matter at one another?

What is your nice diversion every Sunday during football season? The two sound very alike.

Despite what you and most other Browns fans believe, the NFL has played a lot of football since the days you choose to remember.

Yes, it has. But those all still count.

I realize there is nothing for you to thump your chest about in the last 50 years but don't you think it's time you get into the real world?

What is the real world? Not the NFL. I can thump my chest about anything I want to.....

The Browns are the most relevant team in the NFL. They are the only team about which a current major Hollywood motion picture is about....so, despite not winning...they are the coolest team in the league, apparently.

Do you really think "any" player would choose a team who's glory days are ancient followed by 50 years as basement dwellers.....really....even you?

Players choose a team primarily for money. They don't care that about whether the Browns won 50 years ago or that the Steelers won...however long it has been, what 6-8 years. 90% of the players in the league were not in the league the last time the Steelers won, so much the last time the Browns won. Browns/Steelers, it is pretty much all the same to them. Who pays is most important.

Besides, the Jags have won more games in their time in the league than the Browns have in that same time, the Jags have won five playoff games since the Browns last playoff win, and the Jags haven't sucked bad enough to make their owner move them....yet:)

Don't care one way or another about the Jags.

Jags/Browns/Steelers, they are all in the same boat. None of them have made the playoffs the last few years.

As for the owner, the team didn't suck at all....in fact it was just the year befor the owner wanted to move that the Browns won that last playoff game.

It was just the owner who sucked.

Furthermore, the team never moved.

Well, on Sundays in football season I get two awesome opportunities! I get to watch the best sports franchise in the world play and be thankful that I grew up over their when it comes to football. And I also get to watch the worst sports franchise in the world over the last 50 years and laugh my ass off at them and some of their fans who actually think they are something special.

The Pats and the Raiders. Glad you are enjoying the show.

And saving money over the next 2 yrs. This situation was handled textbook.

Sure seems like this front office has a clue. Unlike the past bunch of dolts

I guess we can stop projecting C in the 4th round ...Mack is Back!

Well that didn't take long: Browns are matching Jacksonville's offer sheet for C Alex Mack. Cleveland keeps Mack, per source.

Now we can focus TOTALLY on the draft

Great job, F.O.!

Glad to have Mack back, now everyone can relax and concentrate on the draft!

Well, on Sundays in football season I get two awesome opportunities! I get to watch the best sports franchise in the world play and be thankful that I grew up over their when it comes to football. And I also get to watch the worst sports franchise in the world over the last 50 years and laugh my ass off at them and some of their fans who actually think they are something special.

You know what dickhead, I have never been on a Stillers board....ever!! Know why? Because I believe Stiller fans are a bunch of bunch of toothless, hillbilly, inbred, front running yinzers and I could give a fuck less what Stiller fans think. You, on the other hand, choose to troll the Browns Board and spew your shit. Must be pretty goddamn boring up in the hills isn't it?

You're a lonesome guy, aren't you?

Archived