THE BROWNS BOARD

The 2014 Schedule is Set

MLD Woody

Huh? I've been on this page a while now. I enjoy good Football talk. I am not bias I am just honest. If you act like a child, I will just ignore you because I am not looking for fights.

No, you are biased. It does not mean that you will not be right, but don't insult is with saying you are not biased.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True on the QB, but let's be optimistic:

Last time Browns opened in Pittsburgh, 1989...a 51-0 beatdown

Last time Browns played Saints: 2010...a 34-17 beatdown

Last time Browns played Ratbirds at home: Browns eke out 24-18 win

In other words, no naysaying from me....

I understand that, but opening at pittsburgh is gonna be tough. They seldom lose at home...

Saints in 2010 was more fluke just like last year against Ravens, but would say if any game the Browns win in the first 3 would be the game against NO.

Baltimore is 11-0 in September games under Harbaugh and Flacco, 11-1 vs. Cleveland all time. I think thats a tough hall to break for Browns.

Baltimore will be much improved from last year and healthy (which they weren't last year)

No one is trolling, but thanks.

If you are not a Browns fan and you post on the Browns Board, you are a troll. No other criteria is required.

I take it you are not a Browns fan. Ergo, you are a troll.

Don't like the label? Don't post here. No one is forcing you.

speculating 10 wins on paper is exactly the same as seeing 7 losses...last year was last year and any given sunday one team wins and one team loses.

BUT if any rivals feel so omnipotent they'd care to make a low dollar yet demoralizing wager i'm typically always game.

specifically, 20 bux says the Browns do not go 0-4 to start the season.

I'd bet 1-3. I mean I look at the Browns (who still don't have a "real" QB) so I cannot say they are gonna be any better tan they have been the last few years. Also, trip to Cleveland and 2 visits from NO and Baltimore is gonna be real tough on Cleveland.

I understand that, but opening at pittsburgh is gonna be tough. They seldom lose at home...

Saints in 2010 was more fluke just like last year against Ravens, but would say if any game the Browns win in the first 3 would be the game against NO.

Baltimore is 11-0 in September games under Harbaugh and Flacco, 11-1 vs. Cleveland all time. I think thats a tough hall to break for Browns.

Baltimore will be much improved from last year and healthy (which they weren't last year)

OK, how do you figure this last line? You claim objectivity.....it is possible that this is anything but an objective statement.

Regular season schedule

Sept. 7 Cincinnati Bengals, 1

Sept. 11 Pittsburgh Steelers (Thu), 8:25

Sept. 21 at Cleveland Browns, 1

Sept. 28 Carolina Panthers, 1

Oct. 5 at Indianapolis Colts, 1

Oct. 12 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1

Oct. 19 Atlanta Falcons, 1

Oct. 26 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1

Nov. 2 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:30*

Nov. 9 Tennessee Titans, 1

Nov. 16 BYE

Nov. 24 at New Orleans Saints (Mon), 8:30

Nov. 30 San Diego Chargers, 1

Dec. 7 at Miami Dolphins, 1

Dec. 14 Jacksonville Jaguars, 1

Dec. 21 at Houston Texans, 1

Dec. 28 Cleveland Browns, 1

If the Ravens have fallen off some...and I believe they have, they have just as good of a chance to start 0-4 as the Browns do....and 3 of those would be division games.

The schedule makers didn't do the Browns any favors.

Yeah, that's a great reason to draft JF- so we have more losses on National TV. Football doesn't make it out of the first quarter against the Steelers.

Though IIRC you're a Ravens Troll that's our favorite Steelers troll's thinking- because the Browns have sucked for the last 15 years, they're going to continue to suck. The draft hasn't happened yet, and injuries do happen. BTW, everyone had the Falcons in the playoffs last year, ditto the Texans- if you had Houston with the first pick in the draft before the 2013 season, congrats on having a functional crystal ball, swami. No one had the Redskins at 3-13 either, So you can kindly STFU.

No, but you just contradicted yourself in that if I can't make an assumption that they're gonna continue to suck and if the draft hasn't come yet....how on earth can someone predict they will win 10 games?! I mean if anything you can only predict they will screw the draft up (they usually always do) and they will continue to suck (they always have). They are the bottom feeder of the division. Have been since their existence.

The fact that anyone who has watched this franchise over the last 15 years can predict 10 wins is outta their mind. The hardest thing to do in sports is to stop losing....the Browns haven't figured that out yet. And until they do...they will always be the bottom feeder.

No, but you just contradicted yourself in that if I can't make an assumption that they're gonna continue to suck and if the draft hasn't come yet....how on earth can someone predict they will win 10 games?! I mean if anything you can only predict they will screw the draft up (they usually always do) and they will continue to suck (they always have). They are the bottom feeder of the division. Have been since their existence.

Actually, their existance began with 10 consecutive Championship game appearances....7 wins.

The fact that anyone who has watched this franchise over the last 15 years can predict 10 wins is outta their mind. The hardest thing to do in sports is to stop losing....the Browns haven't figured that out yet. And until they do...they will always be the bottom feeder.

And, of course the past always dictates the course of the future...according to you apparently.

So that means The Ravens will go 8-8 at best and be sitting home....since, after all, that is what they did in the past.

I wasn't thinking just about you, I was wondering about the spread of posters. 90% in Cleveland?

Probably only about 50% in Northeast Ohio.

Certain denizens:

Zombo: Naples FLA

Hoorta: Dayton

MarkO: San Diego

Ballpeen: Chattanooga TN

Miktoxic: NY state

gft: London, England

HowieDawg: The Cock of the Cotswalds

I am from the NEOpolitan.

Every year a team loses games it shouldn't. The Browns beat both Ravens and Bengals last year.....and I don't see where either of those teams have gotten better where the Browns have.

As far as QB: it will be Hoyer...unless some rookie comes in and dazzles.

So, I believe the Browns should do no worse than split their division games. Then it just depends on how they handle non-divions opponents.

Ok, fair points, but actually the Ravens have improved...Bengals not so much. Ravens have added a WR, OL and TE depth not to mention a handful of injured players from last year.

But fine...lets break it down like you said...

Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh Steelers - starting the season on the road is tough enough, but even tougher at Pittsburgh against division rival.

Sept. 14 New Orleans Saints - Clevelands weak secondary outside of Haden after a bruising game against Pittsburgh will mount trouble. Whitner has been destroyed by Brees in multiple games

Sept. 21 Baltimore Ravens - This game will be close as most AFC North division games are, but the Ravens are 11-0 in Septembe games under Harbs and Flacco and 11-1 against the Browns. Look for the Ravens to win this game surely off the fact that they have an impeccable record against rookie or first year starting QBs

Sept. 28 BYE

Oct. 5 at Tennessee Titans - This is a game that I think the Browns will and should win. Ten has no QB and their offense just lacks talent all around. While their defense is tough, I like the Browns defense much more in this contest.

Oct. 12 Pittsburgh Steelers - I think this is the win the Browns fans were hoping for and I see it happening. I think this early tilt will have the Browns feeling good after a horrid start but a flury of easy games in the middle of the season.

Oct. 19 at Jacksonville Jaguars - a win...I mean its in Jacksonville, but still thats no home field advantage and the Browns are just better all around.

Oct. 26 Oakland Raiders - Yeah, if this were a trip out to Oakland maybe the Browns wouldn't be up for it...but a home game yeah, Browns win easily.

Nov. 2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - This on paper based off last years debacle looks like a win especially at home, but I think TB is much improved under Lovie Smith and they have the chance to be last years Chiefs I see this as a home loss for the Browns.

Nov. 6 at Cincinnati Bengals - This is a for sure loss...short week Thursday game in Cincy is gonna be rough and while the travel to Cincy is no big deal from Cleveland, most road teams don't fare well in Thursday nights (I hate Thursday night games...stupid NFL)

Nov. 16 Houston Texans - This is an interesting game because I believe the Texans are WAY better than their record suggested last year. They had no QB and to this point they also have no QB...so until then I am not sure how to chalk this game up, but since its at home...I'll give it to the Browns.

Nov. 23 at Atlanta Falcons - This is a loss...Falcons will be much better and potentially not as injury-rittled. Matt Ryan and co. don't lose often on home turf. Tough battle, but loss for the Browns.

Nov. 30 at Buffalo Bills - Homecoming will be nice for Pettine, but its barely a homecoming in that he was only there for 1 season. Browns will struggle in Buffalo as their defense will wanna show up against their former boss. I think the Bills win at home.

Dec. 7 Indianapolis Colts - This is a loss....yes, the browns will most likely be up for this game and this looks like a game late in the season that the Browns could win, but I think Luck and co. are just too much to handle and TRICH will have a nice day in his return.

Dec. 14 Cincinnati Bengals - late season losses are in the Bengals blood. While they are the defending champs of the division they've never won the division back to back nor have they consistently been a winner...they will lose a big late season game. Browns win.

Dec. 21 at Carolina Panthers - I think Carolina will go backwards this year...their losses offensively and a few defensively will hurt them. They were a surprise last year, but I think they take a step back this year. There loss of Steve Smith will hurt big time. I think being at Carolina though is a loss because Carolina will mathematically still have a chance.

Dec. 28 at Baltimore Ravens - Ravens seldom lose December games at home and the Browns usually quit by the second half during games in Baltimore....theres not much to say here as this should be a cake walk for Baltimore late in the season.

Ok, I have them going 6-10. I think that is fair and honest. If you want to see my assessments of each game please let me know where I am wrong...I have no problem with some critics. But I just don't see it...this is still a 6-7 win team and when you haven't learned how to win I cannot suggest you just will understand now.

Regular season schedule

Sept. 7 Cincinnati Bengals, 1

Sept. 11 Pittsburgh Steelers (Thu), 8:25

Sept. 21 at Cleveland Browns, 1

Sept. 28 Carolina Panthers, 1

Oct. 5 at Indianapolis Colts, 1

Oct. 12 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1

Oct. 19 Atlanta Falcons, 1

Oct. 26 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1

Nov. 2 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:30*

Nov. 9 Tennessee Titans, 1

Nov. 16 BYE

Nov. 24 at New Orleans Saints (Mon), 8:30

Nov. 30 San Diego Chargers, 1

Dec. 7 at Miami Dolphins, 1

Dec. 14 Jacksonville Jaguars, 1

Dec. 21 at Houston Texans, 1

Dec. 28 Cleveland Browns, 1

If the Ravens have fallen off some...and I believe they have, they have just as good of a chance to start 0-4 as the Browns do....and 3 of those would be division games.

Well this shows your lack of NFL knowledge. Unless you come to me with facts I cannot take you seriously. What facts do you have that tells you their schedule dictates an 0-4 start....please I would like to hear.

You being a ratbird hater doesn't count as fact...

can't we all get titles like the Cock of the Cotswalds?

i mean Bag O' Dicks is apropos for the baltimore fan but...........

Now, be certain that when we call Howie the Cock of the Cotswalds, we are not referring to the phallic sense, but in the Alpha Male sense, like The Cock of the Walk. Like the rooster in the hen house.

Biased would be saying the Ravens are the best in the world and they will never lose a game. I use facts to justify my opinions and reasoning....thats not Bias.

You're biased and Retarded and getting really boring. Don't you have some rat turd board where you can hang out?

OK, how do you figure this last line? You claim objectivity.....it is possible that this is anything but an objective statement.

Well yes, injuries happen, but considering they have added Steve Smith and Owen Daniels with Dennis Pitta being healthy (he was out all last year pretty much) and the OL suffered 3 injuries to starters last year. Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce both had hip injuries that required surgery. They have a new (real) offensive coordinator in Gary Kubiak. What about them hasn't improved?

Actually, their existance began with 10 consecutive Championship game appearances....7 wins.

And, of course the past always dictates the course of the future...according to you apparently.

So that means The Ravens will go 8-8 at best and be sitting home....since, after all, that is what they did in the past.

Well this is funny....the Ravens have a history of Winning....you wouldn't understand that since you don't know what that feels like. Also, when you lose players like the ravens did last year your bound to go 8-8. I predicted them at 7-9 last year, so 8-8 is what it is. They will be much better this year.

Ok, fair points, but actually the Ravens have improved...Bengals not so much. Ravens have added a WR, OL and TE depth not to mention a handful of injured players from last year.

But fine...lets break it down like you said...

Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh Steelers - starting the season on the road is tough enough, but even tougher at Pittsburgh against division rival.

Sept. 14 New Orleans Saints - Clevelands weak secondary outside of Haden after a bruising game against Pittsburgh will mount trouble. Whitner has been destroyed by Brees in multiple games

Sept. 21 Baltimore Ravens - This game will be close as most AFC North division games are, but the Ravens are 11-0 in Septembe games under Harbs and Flacco and 11-1 against the Browns. Look for the Ravens to win this game surely off the fact that they have an impeccable record against rookie or first year starting QBs

Sept. 28 BYE

Oct. 5 at Tennessee Titans - This is a game that I think the Browns will and should win. Ten has no QB and their offense just lacks talent all around. While their defense is tough, I like the Browns defense much more in this contest.

Oct. 12 Pittsburgh Steelers - I think this is the win the Browns fans were hoping for and I see it happening. I think this early tilt will have the Browns feeling good after a horrid start but a flury of easy games in the middle of the season.

Oct. 19 at Jacksonville Jaguars - a win...I mean its in Jacksonville, but still thats no home field advantage and the Browns are just better all around.

Oct. 26 Oakland Raiders - Yeah, if this were a trip out to Oakland maybe the Browns wouldn't be up for it...but a home game yeah, Browns win easily.

Nov. 2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - This on paper based off last years debacle looks like a win especially at home, but I think TB is much improved under Lovie Smith and they have the chance to be last years Chiefs I see this as a home loss for the Browns.

Nov. 6 at Cincinnati Bengals - This is a for sure loss...short week Thursday game in Cincy is gonna be rough and while the travel to Cincy is no big deal from Cleveland, most road teams don't fare well in Thursday nights (I hate Thursday night games...stupid NFL)

Nov. 16 Houston Texans - This is an interesting game because I believe the Texans are WAY better than their record suggested last year. They had no QB and to this point they also have no QB...so until then I am not sure how to chalk this game up, but since its at home...I'll give it to the Browns.

Nov. 23 at Atlanta Falcons - This is a loss...Falcons will be much better and potentially not as injury-rittled. Matt Ryan and co. don't lose often on home turf. Tough battle, but loss for the Browns.

Nov. 30 at Buffalo Bills - Homecoming will be nice for Pettine, but its barely a homecoming in that he was only there for 1 season. Browns will struggle in Buffalo as their defense will wanna show up against their former boss. I think the Bills win at home.

Dec. 7 Indianapolis Colts - This is a loss....yes, the browns will most likely be up for this game and this looks like a game late in the season that the Browns could win, but I think Luck and co. are just too much to handle and TRICH will have a nice day in his return.

Dec. 14 Cincinnati Bengals - late season losses are in the Bengals blood. While they are the defending champs of the division they've never won the division back to back nor have they consistently been a winner...they will lose a big late season game. Browns win.

Dec. 21 at Carolina Panthers - I think Carolina will go backwards this year...their losses offensively and a few defensively will hurt them. They were a surprise last year, but I think they take a step back this year. There loss of Steve Smith will hurt big time. I think being at Carolina though is a loss because Carolina will mathematically still have a chance.

Dec. 28 at Baltimore Ravens - Ravens seldom lose December games at home and the Browns usually quit by the second half during games in Baltimore....theres not much to say here as this should be a cake walk for Baltimore late in the season.

Ok, I have them going 6-10. I think that is fair and honest. If you want to see my assessments of each game please let me know where I am wrong...I have no problem with some critics. But I just don't see it...this is still a 6-7 win team and when you haven't learned how to win I cannot suggest you just will understand now.

All pure speculation, all subject to potentially rebuttal....all pretty much assumptions based on past performance.

I mean, once upon a time the Browns had an undefeated untied season.

As for learning how to lose/win, the Ravens are on two game losing streak to end the season. Why should not that performance continue?

You're biased and Retarded and getting really boring. Don't you have some rat turd board where you can hang out?

Actually I do...and we have plenty of Browns fans, Bengals fans and Steelers fans in there...some are there just to start trouble, but for the most part they are all just fans of their teams that start up good convo.

You guys here just aren't in touch with reality and dream big and think i'm here just to spout off. I am here just to talk football and also give a little insight to the other side of the division.

All pure speculation, all subject to potentially rebuttal....all pretty much assumptions based on past performance.

I mean, once upon a time the Browns had an undefeated untied season.

As for learning how to lose/win, the Ravens are on two game losing streak to end the season. Why should not that performance continue?

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Please give me your rebuttal to my assessments. I would love to hear. Like I said, they are my opinions. I think the Browns have a decent team, but I don't look at them and go wow they really improved so much so that they're gonna win 9-10 games.

yeah baltimore is so improved that their begging a 24 yr. old crack head linebacker to come out of retirement, he gets reinstated and retires again 3 days later.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

you are hilarious. wait until week 4 when rice gets suspended and goes to jail for 3 years or will they just pay off the system and sweep it under the rug like they did with ray lewis?

Well this shows your lack of NFL knowledge. Unless you come to me with facts I cannot take you seriously. What facts do you have that tells you their schedule dictates an 0-4 start....please I would like to hear.

You being a ratbird hater doesn't count as fact...

They are playing the Bengals....defending division champions.

They are playing the Steelers. You yourself say the Browns have no chance against them. Why should the Ravens do any better.

They play the Browns, who beat them once last year and came close to doing so in the other game.

They play the Panthers....who were only like 12-4 last year.

Yes, it is entirely plausible they could lose their first 4 games, as plausible as the Browns doing so.

Sorry if you don't like those facts

yeah baltimore is so improved that their begging a 24 yr. old crack head linebacker to come out of retirement, he gets reinstated and retires again 3 days later.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

you are hilarious. wait until week 4 when rice gets suspended and goes to jail for 3 years or will they just pay off the system and sweep it under the rug like they did with ray lewis?

Again, because you have no knowledge of these situations I cannot comment. I mean you just say idiotic things. I am surprised Browns fans can even handle you at this point. You have yet to say one educational sentence or one important sentence.

Now, be certain that when we call Howie the Cock of the Cotswalds, we are not referring to the phallic sense, but in the Alpha Male sense, like The Cock of the Walk. Like the rooster in the hen house.

i would hope so, unless his junk precedes himself. his reputation sure does.

Biased would be saying the Ravens are the best in the world and they will never lose a game. I use facts to justify my opinions and reasoning....thats not Bias.

OK, WHAT are those "facts" that you think apply that would tend to make an objective observor believe the Ravens are improved over last year? I have yet to see them.

The "fact" that they won a Super Bowl a couple of years ago isn't a valid fact.

Again, because you have no knowledge of these situations I cannot comment. I mean you just say idiotic things. I am surprised Browns fans can even handle you at this point. You have yet to say one educational sentence or one important sentence.

like i could give a rat's ass what you think little boy. go sniff out some garbage cans and jump in. feel at home?

what a piece of shit city baltiwhore is. you couldn't pay me to go through jersey to get to you.

All very good points...but here's my rebuttal....

They are playing the Bengals....defending division champions. -Bengals seldom win in Baltimore...Dalton has never won in Baltimore and the Ravens are 14-0 in home September games

They are playing the Steelers. You yourself say the Browns have no chance against them. Why should the Ravens do any better. -The Ravens always split with Pittsburgh and usually win at home...plus short week on Thursday is not good for a road team (pittsburgh) and again Ravens are 14-0 in home September games\

They play the Browns, who beat them once last year and came close to doing so in the other game. - 1-11 all time against Harbaugh/Flacco. In my opinion a healthy Ravens team will rebound from last years loss.

They play the Panthers....who were only like 12-4 last year. -Again in Baltimore and Steve Smith will make sure they don't lose. Plus the Ravens are the 2nd best team since 2000 at home, so they are very tough to beat in Baltimore.

Yes, it is entirely plausible they could lose their first 4 games, as plausible as the Browns doing so.

Sorry if you don't like those facts

I like your facts and you make a nice point, but they are all opinions that lead further away from the truth. I just presented FACTS to back up my opinions. You don't....

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Please give me your rebuttal to my assessments. I would love to hear. Like I said, they are my opinions. I think the Browns have a decent team, but I don't look at them and go wow they really improved so much so that they're gonna win 9-10 games.

I am not going to bore myself with making a rebuttal of your opinions on every single one of the Browns forthcoming 16 games.

I got down to like 2 and got bored.

Here is the reply to each one: speculation. You simply say "the Browns failed in the past here...and will do so again".

My reply is: maybe they will...and maybe they won't. That was then, this is now. No one knows the future.

Archived