THE BROWNS BOARD

The 2014 Schedule is Set

MLD Woody

OK, WHAT are those "facts" that you think apply that would tend to make an objective observor believe the Ravens are improved over last year? I have yet to see them.

The "fact" that they won a Super Bowl a couple of years ago isn't a valid fact.

That's not a valid point. Actually the fact that they won the super bowl 2 years ago is reason for them to have finished 8-8 last year. Thats what happens when you have a championship team....people want your players and will overpay for them. You guys know about that (Paul Kruger) amongst many others.

Also, look above in the thread you will see why the Ravens are much improved from last year.

Would you like to give me facts as to why they have declined since last year?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not going to bore myself with making a rebuttal of your opinions on every single one of the Browns forthcoming 16 games.

I got down to like 2 and got bored.

Here is the reply to each one: speculation. You simply say "the Browns failed in the past here...and will do so again".

My reply is: maybe they will...and maybe they won't. That was then, this is now. No one knows the future.

No one does, but when you make a prediction...you cannot look to the future to thing anything will change. I am not basing my predictions off of a bad year its been 15 freaking years dude. The teams been an NFL laughing stock. I see no reason to believe anything would change. Why should it?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

go the fuck away already. i mean because the schedule came out you gotta come in and sniff out some predictions?

wow. what a loser.

First of all....this isn't my first go around in here. I was here last year too kid. Good bye. You leave if you don't know how to be normal

All very good points...but here's my rebuttal....

They are playing the Bengals....defending division champions. -Bengals seldom win in Baltimore...Dalton has never won in Baltimore and the Ravens are 14-0 in home September games

But, the Bengals are the better team. And the better team usually wins....and the Bengals CAN win in Baltimore..having not done so in the past does not dictate the future.

They are playing the Steelers. You yourself say the Browns have no chance against them. Why should the Ravens do any better. -The Ravens always split with Pittsburgh and usually win at home...plus short week on Thursday is not good for a road team (pittsburgh) and again Ravens are 14-0 in home September games\

I won't cry if you beat Pittsburgh....but the Steelers have gone into Baltimore and won any number of times. Again, what was the case in the past don't matter to this new game. Steelers can and have won this type of game and plausibly could do so again.

They play the Browns, who beat them once last year and came close to doing so in the other game. - 1-11 all time against Harbaugh/Flacco. In my opinion a healthy Ravens team will rebound from last years loss.

The Browns were just as depleted from injuries as the Browns last year. BrandonfreekingWeeden almost beat the Ravens in Baltimore. The Browns will have a better QB on the field...and have their injured receivers etc. back as well. The Browns split with Balt. last year, were a cunt hair from sweeping...so they can plausibly win this game. The fact is, except at QB possibly, the Browns may have superior talent overall.

They play the Panthers....who were only like 12-4 last year. -Again in Baltimore and Steve Smith will make sure they don't lose. Plus the Ravens are the 2nd best team since 2000 at home, so they are very tough to beat in Baltimore.

The last time Iooked the Ravens were getting beat by a 41-7 score...at home.

Then the next game they lost by 34-17 by the Patriots. Panthers are potentially on a par with New England. And Steve Smith? He may prove just why the Panthers let him go. He perhaps has little left (more likely than him returning to the form he showed in his prime)

That is the current state of the Ravens.

Yes, it is entirely plausible they could lose their first 4 games, as plausible as the Browns doing so.

Sorry if you don't like those facts

I like your facts and you make a nice point, but they are all opinions that lead further away from the truth. I just presented FACTS to back up my opinions. You don't....

Well....the fact is....the Ravens, last year were a mediocre team.....and getting pretty much worse as the season wore on.

You are the one who want to use the past to predict the future....so, that is the recent past of the Ravens you have to live with.

All very good points...but here's my rebuttal....

They are playing the Bengals....defending division champions. -Bengals seldom win in Baltimore...Dalton has never won in Baltimore and the Ravens are 14-0 in home September games

But, the Bengals are the better team. And the better team usually wins....and the Bengals CAN win in Baltimore..having not done so in the past does not dictate the future.

They are playing the Steelers. You yourself say the Browns have no chance against them. Why should the Ravens do any better. -The Ravens always split with Pittsburgh and usually win at home...plus short week on Thursday is not good for a road team (pittsburgh) and again Ravens are 14-0 in home September games\

I won't cry if you beat Pittsburgh....but the Steelers have gone into Baltimore and won any number of times. Again, what was the case in the past don't matter to this new game. Steelers can and have won this type of game and plausibly could do so again.

They play the Browns, who beat them once last year and came close to doing so in the other game. - 1-11 all time against Harbaugh/Flacco. In my opinion a healthy Ravens team will rebound from last years loss.

The Browns were just as depleted from injuries as the Browns last year. BrandonfreekingWeeden almost beat the Ravens in Baltimore. The Browns will have a better QB on the field...and have their injured receivers etc. back as well. The Browns split with Balt. last year, were a cunt hair from sweeping...so they can plausibly win this game. The fact is, except at QB possibly, the Browns may have superior talent overall.

They play the Panthers....who were only like 12-4 last year. -Again in Baltimore and Steve Smith will make sure they don't lose. Plus the Ravens are the 2nd best team since 2000 at home, so they are very tough to beat in Baltimore.

The last time Iooked the Ravens were getting beat by a 41-7 score...at home.

Then the next game they lost by 34-17 by the Patriots. Panthers are potentially on a par with New England. And Steve Smith? He may prove just why the Panthers let him go. He perhaps has little left (more likely than him returning to the form he showed in his prime)

That is the current state of the Ravens.

Yes, it is entirely plausible they could lose their first 4 games, as plausible as the Browns doing so.

Sorry if you don't like those facts

I like your facts and you make a nice point, but they are all opinions that lead further away from the truth. I just presented FACTS to back up my opinions. You don't....

Well....the fact is....the Ravens, last year were a mediocre team.....and getting pretty much worse as the season wore on.

You are the one who want to use the past to predict the future....so, that is the recent past of the Ravens you have to live with.

All very very good points, but again making predictions means speaking off what we know. Talking about "past doesn't dictate...." is dumb. Thats like saying the Jaqs can go 16-0 cuz the past means nothing....stupidity,.

That's not a valid point. Actually the fact that they won the super bowl 2 years ago is reason for them to have finished 8-8 last year. Thats what happens when you have a championship team....people want your players and will overpay for them. You guys know about that (Paul Kruger) amongst many others.

Also, look above in the thread you will see why the Ravens are much improved from last year.

I haven't seen a damn thing to show where they improved, at all? I have seen your opinion that you think that because they had injuries last year that hurt them. Every damn team had injuries. The Browns lost a QB who was 3-0 as a starter. What worse injury than that could you have?What players that that the Ravens acquired that were a big improvement?

Lost in FA:

Arthur Jones

Ed Dickson

Corey Graham

James Ihedigbo

Michael Oher

Jameel McClain

Gained in FA:

Darian Stewart

Justin Forsett

Owen Daniels

Steve Smith

By far a net loss in talent in the FA market. You rely on getting Steve Smith to be the improvement you seek. Maybe, or it may be just a suckers bet.

No one does, but when you make a prediction...you cannot look to the future to thing anything will change. I am not basing my predictions off of a bad year its been 15 freaking years dude. The teams been an NFL laughing stock. I see no reason to believe anything would change. Why should it?

Well, if we only went by the fact that a team had been previously bad...then the Steelers apparently never had any right to win 4 SBs in the 1970s after being the worst team in football for 40 years.

And gee, those Seahawks...they have pretty much sucked since they entered the league in 1976.

And perhaps you are right.....you see no reason for anything to change with the Browns......but we all do see reasons for it to change.

Start with the fact that this Browns team had more Pro Bowl performers than any other AFCN team:

Cameron, Thomas, Gordon, Mack, Haden, Whitner.

Ravens had Yanda, Suggs, Ngata, and a kicker.

i never got people that know they aren't wanted but won't leave.

like a drunken bum you have to toss out the bar at the end of the night. just get the fuck out already.

who cares who you are or what you've done. nobody likes you and nobody wants you here.

bug off.

All very very good points, but again making predictions means speaking off what we know. Talking about "past doesn't dictate...." is dumb. Thats like saying the Jaqs can go 16-0 cuz the past means nothing....stupidity,.

Fine...let's look at the past. The recent past. The Ravens are a declining team. They lost the last two game they played by a total of 51 points.

The Browns have double the number of Pro Bowl caliber position players.

The Browns and Ravens split last years games...and the one they lost, in Baltimore, they were driving for the tieing score, but barely failed to make it.

The Browns lost their starting QB to a knee injury.

The Browns have 2 first round picks this year that should, if done right, vastly help with their talent pool.

On the other hand, the Browns do have 2 bad things...and yes, they are big: A. An unsettled QB situation, if Hoyer isn't the man.

B. That history of losing...not being able to get it done.

But, on the other hand, we do have a new Owner, GM, HC, OC, DC etc.

Can these guys do what Browns regimes past could not? Who knows. But the luck may turn sometime.

I wasn't thinking just about you, I was wondering about the spread of posters. 90% in Cleveland?

i suspect the opposite Chris...i'd guess 80% of the posters are from outside CLE. most locals have enough media within reach to keep them satisfied.

instead of the hometown Cleveland crew i see us more like the diehard island of misfit toys...with Zombo MarkO Hoorta and on rare occassions Mr Ears alternating as our Herbie the wannabe Dentist. and i'll take this group over any other tailgaters in the world.

displaced diehard misfits. and proud.

I can't wait, we're going to be much-improved. Games vs the AFC South aren't very exciting to me, & the early BYE sucks, but thats what happens when you go 4-12.

Early bye is good for a new Head Coach, IMO

We need to be on our game early and set the tone for the season. Unless the rookie comes in and looks like Dan Marino in training camp, I think we'll be starting off with the veteran for sure.

Zombo

Bag O Dicks is Troll of the Year without a doubt, he makes billy goats tremble in fear once they get near bridges.

Who cares about the Ravens outside of that City? No one, they are the Bengals of the East. You are a fan of a team existing because of the Browns. Now stop posting all the crap. It is crap that u are posting, and you know it.

I haven't seen a damn thing to show where they improved, at all? I have seen your opinion that you think that because they had injuries last year that hurt them. Every damn team had injuries. The Browns lost a QB who was 3-0 as a starter. What worse injury than that could you have?What players that that the Ravens acquired that were a big improvement?

Lost in FA:

Arthur Jones

Ed Dickson

Corey Graham

James Ihedigbo

Michael Oher

Jameel McClain

Gained in FA:

Darian Stewart

Justin Forsett

Owen Daniels

Steve Smith

By far a net loss in talent in the FA market. You rely on getting Steve Smith to be the improvement you seek. Maybe, or it may be just a suckers bet.

First of all you took that straight off a website because you don't even know half the players on this list. I mean remember the whole league overvalues half the Ravens players because they respect how great Ozzie and their front office is. You guys did that with Kruger paying him all that money. We laughed at that. just like the Colts did with Arthur Jones, Bills did with Corey Graham

Michael Oher, Ed Dickson, Jameel, Ihedigbo...we never wanted them back and we were happy to part ways with them. Owen Daniels is 5x what Dickson is, so thats a major upgrade there. Steve Smith is much better than what we had last year at WR...

The big difference will be in the offense itself with Kubiak running the show.

Well, if we only went by the fact that a team had been previously bad...then the Steelers apparently never had any right to win 4 SBs in the 1970s after being the worst team in football for 40 years.

And gee, those Seahawks...they have pretty much sucked since they entered the league in 1976.

And perhaps you are right.....you see no reason for anything to change with the Browns......but we all do see reasons for it to change.

Start with the fact that this Browns team had more Pro Bowl performers than any other AFCN team:

Cameron, Thomas, Gordon, Mack, Haden, Whitner.

Ravens had Yanda, Suggs, Ngata, and a kicker.

HAHAHA all you crazy Browns fans keep going back to the pro bowl...that means this much.....ZERO! wow you had more pro bowlers...woo! you had more pro bowlers than the broncos...are you better than them?

Until the Browns show that they can win you cannot predict they will....period.

Fine...let's look at the past. The recent past. The Ravens are a declining team. They lost the last two game they played by a total of 51 points.

The Browns have double the number of Pro Bowl caliber position players.

The Browns and Ravens split last years games...and the one they lost, in Baltimore, they were driving for the tieing score, but barely failed to make it.

The Browns lost their starting QB to a knee injury.

The Browns have 2 first round picks this year that should, if done right, vastly help with their talent pool.

On the other hand, the Browns do have 2 bad things...and yes, they are big: A. An unsettled QB situation, if Hoyer isn't the man.

B. That history of losing...not being able to get it done.

But, on the other hand, we do have a new Owner, GM, HC, OC, DC etc.

Can these guys do what Browns regimes past could not? Who knows. But the luck may turn sometime.

I love the second to last line.....new GM, HC, DC, OC, etc. you can pretty much say that what every year or two. The Cleveland organization turns coaches like woah.

Your pro bowl assessment is flawed and kinda pathetic. If thats all you got then enjoy that.

theres nobody out there with a BRAIN that would consider calling the Browns better than the Ravens...nobody. Its asinine

Early bye is good for a new Head Coach, IMO

We need to be on our game early and set the tone for the season. Unless the rookie comes in and looks like Dan Marino in training camp, I think we'll be starting off with the veteran for sure.

Zombo

Early bye is great for a new coach because sitting at 0-3 he will be searching for answers come week 4 and that is when you will most likely see your rookie QB make his NFL debut...that should be fun.

Bag O Dicks is Troll of the Year without a doubt, he makes billy goats tremble in fear once they get near bridges.

Who cares about the Ravens outside of that City? No one, they are the Bengals of the East. You are a fan of a team existing because of the Browns. Now stop posting all the crap. It is crap that u are posting, and you know it.

Nice fire back, but no you're actually incorrect again. But if you would like to try again go for it...

I want to go to a home depot or fucking hardware store and buy one of those special wrenches they use to open a fire hydrant with, just so I can baseball style swing it into your yellowing molar teeth you carbon copy of placenta vile.

You come over here, talk shit, then try to be buddy buddy when all you need is a boiling hot vat of peanut oil and syphillis shot out of a super soaker into your cross eyed sockets ya fuck.

Eat shit you Baltimore fucking dope.

HAHA such anger...sorry, but I never intended to talk shit...you guys started and I obliged. I mean i am not looking to fight and talk shit...I stated my opinion and you guys got so defensive....

...I stated my opinion and you guys got so defensive....

yeah, ok. so if i went to the ravens board and said you'll go 0-4 to start the season, you don't think people would be in an uproar and there wouldn't be people my flinging shit my way?

you know exactly what you're doing, so don't make yourself or us look stupid.

now go get my shinebox mother fucker.

I hope your the guy at a loved ones wedding who gets too shit faced on Smirnoff or Zima or Oyster Semen or whatever they drink in Baltimore and you fall face first into the wedding cake and ruin the entire thing just so I can poke you in the neck meat with a harpoon gun.

Fuck your crab cakes

HAHA you are funny...I like this.

Archived