THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Hypotheticals and Rumors

ohioborn

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who is that in your opinion? not busting ballsl, just asking.

Clowney,Mack,Manziel,Watkins,Matthews,Robinson.. any of those guys.

Who knows how they'll pan out but where we're at right now I wouldn't be upset with any of the guys that are projected top 5 this year. I'm curious about next years draft too... seeing how this one is supposed to be one of the deepest most talent laden one in a while... and who knows Mariotta,Hundley,Winston could flop or blow out a knee or something and not even be considered 1st rounders a year from now.

I'm sick of waiting... don't want the Browns to have a high draft pick next year... and trading down to pick up more next year is more of the same building for the future crap. And we all know how that played out with Julio Jones.

I'd love it if they would trade next years 1 with this years 26 and move back into the top 10-15.

Who knows how they'll pan out but where we're at right now I wouldn't be upset with any of the guys that are projected top 5 this year. I'm curious about next years draft too... seeing how this one is supposed to be one of the deepest most talent laden one in a while... and who knows Mariotta,Hundley,Winston could flop or blow out a knee or something and not even be considered 1st rounders a year from now.

I'm sick of waiting... don't want the Browns to have a high draft pick next year... and trading down to pick up more next year is more of the same building for the future crap. And we all know how that played out with Julio Jones.

I'd love it if they would trade next years 1 with this years 26 and move back into the top 10-15.

That's idiotic. We could make the same move by giving up or 2nd this year. Trading away first round picks is a good what to kill a franchise if you don't make the perfect pick that you were going for.

That's idiotic. We could make the same move by giving up or 2nd this year. Trading away first round picks is a good what to kill a franchise if you don't make the perfect pick that you were going for.

Yeah fuckhead maybe so... but the price to move up in this draft will be steeper than average due to the talent... Personally I'd rather forgo next years #1 than this years 2nd rounder. The guard from ucla.. probably 2 or 3 corners and both safeties will most likely be gone by 26.

If the Browns really have someone in mind for the #4, and he's still there, I say no. If he's not still there, then it looks like it could be a good move.

Not that this trade is a real possibility, but:

1. This does not seem like a draft day offer left on the table until after we already know whether or not "our guy" is still there. It looks more like a "now or never" offer. But problem with that is you cannot do the deal now as there are still at least two teams still ahead of you that might be willing to trade down to another Manziel loving franchise...

2. This offer would now make you measure "your guy" against the value of 2-#1's and a #2. While you might still take him, you have to pause and consider the new weight of your decision.

Any rumor including Jerry Jones making a splash turns into a possibility. I mean would it really shock you if Jones offered that deal?

Nope...

Over paying to draft the biggest name in the draft, the most exciting name in the draft is just what Jerry would do. The fact that it would doom his franchise to the continued mediocrity it has enjoyed for years would not even come into consideration.

I started this post as a rumor and a rumor only. I heard it through Twitter and just mentioned as a conversation piece. I don't believe much if anything posted on the draft in the last month has been anything but rumors and speculation. Take it for what it is!

Real or not the speculation is fun and does pass the time...

If we made that trade, I would dance like a little girl watching Frozen at a slumber party.

LOL... That's funny... and I haven't even seen Frozen...

Problem here is, there's not really a QB this years that seems worth a #4, or even a top #10 for that matter.

Clowney is most likely gone by #4, and I'm a bit leary of him anyway.

Mack had a good game versus OSU, but the majority of his work was against lower tier Teams, and there was one really lousy Team he didn't do much against.

Manziel, as mentioned, too many unknowns for me.

Watkins I like, but there are so many potential good to great recievers this draft do we really need to burn a #4 on a WR2?

Then you have Robinson and Matthews at OT.

I'm not averse to taking either, but these are not issues - even Swartz at RT is liked by Pettine, plus it's floating around that Swartz was playing hurt early last year (also playing next to Cousins).

OT at #4? Probably not a major impact for us.

I don't know, for such a talent rich Draft it just seems like we're in the wrong spot/situation for what the elite players are in regards to our needs (QB, ILB, CB2, WR2).

If this Dallas offer is for real, I'd seriously consider taking it.

There's also rumor out that Detriot may want to move up from #10 to grab Watkins.

I also linked some comments about a month ago (really that long?) from Farmer saying there was a good chance of them pushing (trading out) some picks to next year, so gaining an extra #1 is definitely something that would fit this.

How about this scenario that I just read....we stay put at 4 for Mack or Watkins and then trade our 26 and 35 to move up to somewhere around 12 and pick a QB?

No, Because whatever QB come along at #12 would be no better than what we could get at 26?

I am of the impression that these guys are going to go high...top 10....or drop like Luca Brazzi..

How about this scenario that I just read....we stay put at 4 for Mack or Watkins and then trade our 26 and 35 to move up to somewhere around 12 and pick a QB?

In this draft I put more value on our 2nd rounder this year than the 1st rounder next year. I expect us to be picking late teens early 20's in 2015.. if we have a high draft pick in 2015 that means we sucked this year and will most likely suck again.

Trade the 26 and next years 1, maybe we can snag another later rounder somewhere out of it, move up ahead of Pittpuke and snag one of those db's or lineman they're eyeing.

Problem here is, there's not really a QB this years that seems worth a #4, or even a top #10 for that matter.

Clowney is most likely gone by #4, and I'm a bit leary of him anyway.

Mack had a good game versus OSU, but the majority of his work was against lower tier Teams, and there was one really lousy Team he didn't do much against.

Manziel, as mentioned, too many unknowns for me.

Watkins I like, but there are so many potential good to great recievers this draft do we really need to burn a #4 on a WR2?

Then you have Robinson and Matthews at OT.

I'm not averse to taking either, but these are not issues - even Swartz at RT is liked by Pettine, plus it's floating around that Swartz was playing hurt early last year (also playing next to Cousins).

OT at #4? Probably not a major impact for us.

I don't know, for such a talent rich Draft it just seems like we're in the wrong spot/situation for what the elite players are in regards to our needs (QB, ILB, CB2, WR2).

If this Dallas offer is for real, I'd seriously consider taking it.

There's also rumor out that Detriot may want to move up from #10 to grab Watkins.

I also linked some comments about a month ago (really that long?) from Farmer saying there was a good chance of them pushing (trading out) some picks to next year, so gaining an extra #1 is definitely something that would fit this.

You make some good points and can't argue with it you're right as far and team needs. I would rather try and get as many picks this year though instead of the 2015 first rounder and make some more moves to move up again in the 2nd.

Then again having two outstanding recievers is a nice problem to have... and what if Manziel does pan out? And it would be nice to have the best offensive line in the league, I could see that as our identity, powerhouse dominant o-line.

We are not going to know who would be willing to trade and for what until the Browns are up to pick at #4. Honestly Atlanta, Bills, Lions, and Cowboys are all in play for a trade.

Exactly, Atlanta's first and second this year are worth more than the Cowboy's first second and a first next year. And it's all hypothetical anyway if one of those teams (or the Raiders, Bucs, or Vikes) jumps ahead of the Browns to take JF.

Yeah fuckhead maybe so... but the price to move up in this draft will be steeper than average due to the talent... Personally I'd rather forgo next years #1 than this years 2nd rounder. The guard from ucla.. probably 2 or 3 corners and both safeties will most likely be gone by 26.

Let's imagine that we are picking somewhere within the 16-20 range next year, which is realistically the best we are going to do next season. Do you really think we are going to get a better pick this year at #35 than next year at 20 or lower? This is a deep draft but at best the picks would be a wash talent wise. Realistically next years first rounder is going to be worth more than this years second. Any "fuck head" can see that. Any rational thinking human being for that matter.

Next years first rounder isn't going to be worth anything at all this year, but the 2nd rounder can be a guy that makes an immediate impact and starts... and have a year under his belt to boot come 2015.

I'm no draft guru but I'm willing to bet there's positions with mid first round grade that will go in the 30-40 range this year, next year? Who knows what the evaluation is... I say play to win now.

When was the last time we came out ahead on trading back in the long run.......Take the top talent player instead. I need more than that to drop 12 spots.

Most of the time I'd say I totally agree! I hate trading down. I really hated it when they traded down, missed out on Julio Jones and took the only NT in the draft when we were moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3. I think in this instance, if everyone believes JF can't be a franchise QB, trade back for two reasons. 1. Could be just me, but this draft seems inordinately talented. You can get some really good players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. 2. Get picks that put you in a position to come up and get your franchise QB next year.

Watched Glennon a lot last year... I think he has a lot of upside. His stats were very good considering the circumstances he was put into with a very vanilla offence. Him and Hoyer would make 2 very serviceable QB's without having to take a chance on a unproven rookie.

Aren't we tired of bargain basement QB'S?! Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Delhomme, Hoyer, Campbell. Glennon is more of the same.....

Would you prefer taking a qb @ #4 instead, and he busts big time? Three of those guys were drafted in the first round, that's hardly "bargain basement". I'd be willing to bet the odds of hitting on a stud qb picks 16-32 aren't much worse than picking 1-15.

The Browns have been monumentally unlucky with their qb picks.

Would you prefer taking a qb @ #4 instead, and he busts big time? Three of those guys were drafted in the first round, that's hardly "bargain basement". I'd be willing to bet the odds of hitting on a stud qb picks 16-32 aren't much worse than picking 1-15.

The Browns have been monumentally unlucky with their qb picks.

It sounds crazy i know. And im not being a jerk (I'm not that guy to come on a message board and talk S#&%.) I really would rather see that. Actually, I really want to see them take Watkins at 4, and then move back up to take Manziel at like 10 or 11.

I'm not sure whether they have been "Unlucky" or not. Tim Couch, no one saw that bust coming. But McCoy, Quinn, and Weeden. Those were bad moves in my opinion.

Here's what makes me nervous.what if Hoyer just isn't ready? What if he comes into camp and has a major set back?

Say we draft Carr @ 26(Easy PO...this is hypothetical) and he looks just like what he is... A rookie that's never run a pro style offense!!He'll be

ok after he has sat back and obsereved 5,10,15 games and speed of the game slows down for him but he's just not game 1 ready.

Hoyer's gonna be 80% at best at the start of camp...He tore his ACL in Oct of last year...It takes a year to recover physically,most people take 2 yrs

before they psychologically feel the knee is ready...Beside the fact he is a career backup.

I'm not a huge fan of Glennon, or Cousins,and I'm not into giving up first or second round picks for the likes of Mallet or Sanchez.

But I believe this front office needs to prepare for worst case...This is the Browns after all and I'm sick of us troting rookies out there that look

like...Well rookies!

Whom ever we draft at QB needs a full commitment from managment for them to succeed, be it Manziel,Bortels,Garropolo, etc.

Aren't we tired of bargain basement QB'S?! Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Delhomme, Hoyer, Campbell. Glennon is more of the same.....

But no one knew at the time these guys were bargain basement. Weeden and Quinn were drafted at similar positions as Aaron Rodgers and Joe Flacco.

So, it is all a crapshoot.

Even with #1 overall you can get a John Elway/Payton Manning or a Jamarcus Russell/David Carr

Seems there is a rumor out there that the Browns looking to trade their 2nd round pick(plus other picks I would assume) to move back into the first round, giving them 3 first rounders, 1 of which would undoubtedly by a QB who has fallen. So what are peoples thoughts on this possibility? What would you be willing to pay to make that move and which QB would you target?

Archived