THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Hypotheticals and Rumors

ohioborn

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Browns really have someone in mind for the #4, and he's still there, I say no. If he's not still there, then it looks like it could be a good move.

It has to fit what the Browns are trying to accomplish with this draft, not what Jerry is trying to do to stay relevant.

I'd take that trade although I'm pretty sure Dallas is going to focus on D this year. If we did do the trade, we could still (possibly) bundle some of those picks and move up to snag our guy while still picking up a first rounder next year. It'd be hard to turn that offer down.

Why the hell is this thread still going? It's an obviously lopsided trade for the Browns, and the guy who came up with it hasn't sourced the "rumor" to anyone.

Any rumor including Jerry Jones making a splash turns into a possibility. I mean would it really shock you if Jones offered that deal?

Any rumor including Jerry Jones making a splash turns into a possibility. I mean would it really shock you if Jones offered that deal?

Again, if this was a real rumor, there would be someone talking about it. I haven't heard a peep about this out of anyone noteworthy since this thread was started.

If the Browns really have someone in mind for the #4, and he's still there, I say no. If he's not still there, then it looks like it could be a good move.

It has to fit what the Browns are trying to accomplish with this draft, not what Jerry is trying to do to stay relevant.

Thanks! You just perfectly said what I wanted to say. Since I was having trouble putting it into print, I decided to just "quote" you.

Mike

Again, if this was a real rumor, there would be someone talking about it. I haven't heard a peep about this out of anyone noteworthy since this thread was started.

There is no such thing as a real rumor. The only thing that is real is either a fact or a falsehood.

I'm assuming you need someone in the media to say it? They're a bit preoccupied today.

I don't do it because out history of trading down isn't that great. Take the marquis player at 4, I would possibly trade down a couple of spots as long as there were some guys there I was high on. Else take the top tier player.

Are you unfamiliar with twitter? Lower tier info can still be reported.

lol.

well is it a rumor that jerry jones has said he wants to draft manziel? no.

if he's afraid someone is going to take him (like us or oakland or minnesota etc. etc.) then he'll have to trade up with someone correct?

i'm sure it's a rumor that someone has come up with this particular trade specifically and put it out on twatter or wherever else journalists now get their info (bwahaha!!) but it's not a rumor that jones is like a spoiled little child and usually gets what he wants...the greatest show in texas.

I started this post as a rumor and a rumor only. I heard it through Twitter and just mentioned as a conversation piece. I don't believe much if anything posted on the draft in the last month has been anything but rumors and speculation. Take it for what it is!

It was a big enough rumor to get coverage on NFL a.m. today. Cowboys brass did not help the rumor any by not denying it when asked. So, valid rumor or not (there's a quantifiable test for this?), it's out there. And as for here, I'm just enjoying the fact that this thread ate up one of the 10 days until the draft (9 days and 27 min now).

It was a big enough rumor to get coverage on NFL a.m. today. Cowboys brass did not help the rumor any by not denying it when asked. So, valid rumor or not (there's a quantifiable test for this?), it's out there. And as for here, I'm just enjoying the fact that this thread ate up one of the 10 days until the draft (9 days and 27 min now).

Saying that the cowboys are rumored to trade up for manziel is different than suggesting that they're rumored to offer the browns 16, 46 and 2015 1 for the 4th pick.

Saying that the cowboys are rumored to trade up for manziel is different than suggesting that they're rumored to offer the browns 16, 46 and 2015 1 for the 4th pick.

No doubt there. I should have specified, that was where the idea of a (any) trade possibility gained traction. From there, speculation, wishful thinking and boredom likely led to that trade possibility with the Browns.

Hell yeah I would do it in a heartbeat.

#16- Derek Carr

#26- Xavier Su'a-Filo

#36- Davante Adams

#46- Stanley Jean-Baptiste

Hell no... trading down and taking a QB this year makes absolutely no freaking sense. The only reason to trade down and pick up ammunition for next year would be to trade up to pick up a bonafide top 5 QB.

This years draft is too good and 4-12 teams pick top 5 for a reason, we need a game changing,superstar,HoF type talent.

Hell no... trading down and taking a QB this year makes absolutely no freaking sense. The only reason to trade down and pick up ammunition for next year would be to trade up to pick up a bonafide top 5 QB.

This years draft is too good and 4-12 teams pick top 5 for a reason, we need a game changing,superstar,HoF type talent.

who is that in your opinion? not busting ballsl, just asking.

Is that serious?! Definitely take it? Who do they think is worth that?! They wont get JC at 4.......?

When was the last time we came out ahead on trading back in the long run.......Take the top talent player instead. I need more than that to drop 12 spots.

They want Manziel. I'd probably do it. Then we draft 16, 26, 30whatever, and 46. That's 4 players in the top 50 which should fill 4 holes. Plus 2 first rounders next year if we want to move up to pick a QB.

Um, no.

Trade our #4 for the Cowboys next 3 first round picks....#16 this year, first rounders in 2015 and 2016....just the reverse of what Sonny Weaver did, and see life imitate art?

Someone's going to be the donkeys in this draft. A donkey may as well be the horse the Cowboys rode in on.

Right- the Cowboys want to move up 12 spots, I want a RG III level fleecing the Rams pulled on the Redskins.

I'd take that trade although I'm pretty sure Dallas is going to focus on D this year. If we did do the trade, we could still (possibly) bundle some of those picks and move up to snag our guy while still picking up a first rounder next year. It'd be hard to turn that offer down.

Exactly- who's going to replace Demarcus Ware? Oh, and a first, second and next year's first isn't enough. QB premium. & IMHO #16 is too far to trade down in this year's draft. What we gonna do, trade the #16 & #26 to move back up? This ain't the movies folks.

Why the hell is this thread still going? It's an obviously lopsided trade for the Browns, and the guy who came up with it hasn't sourced the "rumor" to anyone.

Besides the Nance rumor, ESPN ran a snippet on Sports Center the the Cowboys had "serious interest" in Manziel.

Hehe the radio silence coming out of Cleveland is music to my ears. We have serious interest in no one- or everyone.

Exactly- who's going to replace Demarcus Ware? Oh, and a first, second and next year's first isn't enough. QB premium. & IMHO #16 is too far to trade down in this year's draft. What we gonna do, trade the #16 & #26 to move back up? This ain't the movies folks.

It's lower than I would prefer, I grant you that. Dallas fans would be a in damn near mutiny if they don't spend heavily on D (granted Dallas fans are always in a damn near mutiny) but Jerry is a wildcard at best. I'm still shocked they didn't pry McFadden away from Oakland this off season. If Manziel attended the University of Arkansas I would guarantee he'd be a Cowboy within a week or so's time, regardless of the price.

As far as the trade up is concerned, I was by no means betting on it (Or, the trade itself) but it would give us quite the trade package to move up if it opportunity were to present itself.

Obviously this is all hypothetical and if we're going that route, hell yeah I'm trading up.

I really don't get this Kirk Cousins obsessions browns fans have. It has to be because he smoked our asses two years ago and was all over the media being rumoured of heading to the Browns. Fuck Kirk. He really is nothing special, league average backup who recently has played one garbage. We have Hoyer who learned from Tom Brady and picked up Norv Turners offense lightning quick with a week or two of first team snaps. GO HOYER GO BROWNS!

Archived