THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Hypotheticals and Rumors

ohioborn

I would assume the move would only cost us a pick or two beyond the 3rd. If the QBs fall this could be an interesting move. As much as I want a CB and ILB with high picks, I could see the potential of landing Watkins - Sua Filo - Bortles/Carr in the first. I wouldn't be disappointed with that.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds crazy i know. And im not being a jerk (I'm not that guy to come on a message board and talk S#&%.) I really would rather see that. Actually, I really want to see them take Watkins at 4, and then move back up to take Manziel at like 10 or 11.

I'm not sure whether they have been "Unlucky" or not. Tim Couch, no one saw that bust coming. But McCoy, Quinn, and Weeden. Those were bad moves in my opinion.

Regarding McCoy- mobile, put up huge numbers at a major program, Heisman finalist- sound familiar to someone who's hyped up to the moon currently?

But no one knew at the time these guys were bargain basement. Weeden and Quinn were drafted at similar positions as Aaron Rodgers and Joe Flacco.

So, it is all a crapshoot.

Even with #1 overall you can get a John Elway/Payton Manning or a Jamarcus Russell/David Carr

Exactly Gip. History says at least one, probably two of "this year's models" are going to bust, and bust big time.

I am not a fan of this trade but it seems to be a real possibility.

Cleveland trades 26 to Washington for the 34 and Kirk Cousins.

We get a QB that our OC is rumored to really like, he knows our offense, and we aren't technically giving up a pick.

Washington is rumored to want to move up into the first round , but doesn't have any ammo to do it without hurting themselves down the road.

If this has been discussed already I apologize, I skimmed through the thread and didn't see it.

I am not a fan of this trade but it seems to be a real possibility.

Cleveland trades 26 to Washington for the 34 and Kirk Cousins.

We get a QB that our OC is rumored to really like, he knows our offense, and we aren't technically giving up a pick.

Washington is rumored to want to move up into the first round , but doesn't have any ammo to do it without hurting themselves down the road.

If this has been discussed already I apologize, I skimmed through the thread and didn't see it.

Can't see them giving up Cousins for a lousy 8 spots.

On Tuesday, news surfaced that the Cleveland Browns will not be selecting Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. Without Manziel as an option, there are some doubts about whether or not the Browns will be selecting a quarterback with their pick, but that doesn’t mean quarterback in the first round won’t be an option.

The latest pre-draft rumor on ESPN Insider says that Kyle Shanahan and the Browns are interested in trading their No. 26 overall pick to the Washington Redskins in exchange for Kirk Cousins.

If Cleveland goes with a player like Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans at No. 4 overall and passes on a quarterback, trading their second first-rounder is a move that would end up making a ton of sense for both sides.

At No. 26, the Browns would have to consider if Cousins is a higher rated quarterback than whoever would be available. If he is, then trading away the pick would be a no-brainer. For Washington, getting into the first-round of this year’s draft would be an ideal scenario.

Whether or not a trade actually goes down on draft day remains to be seen, but it will be something worth watching over the next 24 hours.

This would be the only scenario that I truly couldn't get behind. If he wants Cousins fine but don't waste a first round pick on him. A single 3rd or 4th rounder is the most I would give up. Cousin's hasn't proved in college or the pro's that he's worthy of a first round pick.

They aren't. People blowing smoke out of their ass. Every year QB X who has connections to Coach/FO Person Y is always going to be traded to the Browns for some high draft pick. The only one that was remotely true was Lombardis interest in trading for Hoyer, but even that dumb ass waited until he got cut to pick him up off the street.

This is stupid.

Yesterday on ESPN McShay said he didn't think a QB was going top 4 and that the Browns would likely trade up to 18 or 19 to get their QB. Herm Edwards then said what about trading te 26 for Kirk Cousins.

One day later ESPNs rumor link has something about it.

This would be the only scenario that I truly couldn't get behind. If he wants Cousins fine but don't waste a first round pick on him. A single 3rd or 4th rounder is the most I would give up. Cousin's hasn't proved in college or the pro's that he's worthy of a first round pick.

We'll give you the 26th pick- in the seventh round. Why would we even want Cousins? We have Vince Young on the roster, and his career stats are a tad better than Kirk's.

Thank you. another pile of pre-draft horse crap.

We'll give you the 26th pick- in the seventh round. Why would we even want Cousins? We have Vince Young on the roster, and his career stats are a tad better than Kirk's.

Thank you. another pile of pre-draft horse crap.

I can see Shanahan wanting him. I personally don't see the benefit but I'm not in a position to make that call. If we do go after him, I don't want to severely over pay for him.

Chiefs looking to deal CB Brandon Flowers?

In attempt to stockpile picks, the Kansas City Chiefs may be willing to deal Pro Bowl cornerback Brandon Flowers, according to Bleacher Report's Dan Pompei.

Teams looking for a starting cornerback in the draft may be hard pressed to find one if they don't strike early. But they may be able to acquire a veteran in a trade. The Chiefs are believed to be willing to deal Brandon Flowers in an attempt to acquire extra draft selections. The corner made the Pro Bowl in 2013 even though he did not have his best season. Pro scouts consider him a tough, scrappy player who is an above-average cover man. Flowers' contract could make a trade difficult. He is due to earn $5.25 million in base salary this year, and at this point of the offseason, not many teams have the type of cap flexibility to acquire a player with that big a number.

Chiefs looking to deal CB Brandon Flowers?
In attempt to stockpile picks, the Kansas City Chiefs may be willing to deal Pro Bowl cornerback Brandon Flowers, according to Bleacher Report's Dan Pompei.
Teams looking for a starting cornerback in the draft may be hard pressed to find one if they don't strike early. But they may be able to acquire a veteran in a trade. The Chiefs are believed to be willing to deal Brandon Flowers in an attempt to acquire extra draft selections. The corner made the Pro Bowl in 2013 even though he did not have his best season. Pro scouts consider him a tough, scrappy player who is an above-average cover man. Flowers' contract could make a trade difficult. He is due to earn $5.25 million in base salary this year, and at this point of the offseason, not many teams have the type of cap flexibility to acquire a player with that big a number.

Unfortunately, Flowers is like 5'9". I don't think he's exactly what the Browns want/need in a CB at this point. He's one helluva player, though.

Since I'm 7 pages behind in this thread and working on my mock...

Was the "Eagles/Chip Kelly-are-interested-in-JF-and-would-part-with-Foles-as-part-of-a-trade-package" rumor covered?

Archived