THE BROWNS BOARD

Gordon is out for year. damnit.

Flyin J

in Europe literally EVERYONE EXCEPT Americans mixes tobacco w their weed...even in pipes/bongs. google "weed cones".

bizarre, i know.

once in Amsterdam my gf and i tried it their way and our peers at that moment tried it ours.

they said it was too strong smoking it straight. we said it tasted like shit smoking it mixed.

to each their own. nowadays i use a vape pen. no smoke, no smell, no tip off. i can use it right next to you and you'd never even know. i have flown w it, oil, butter, and wax. no sweat. very clear high and only need a few tokes...or you'll hate yourself for getting too high. it's different...deeper...more O.D.able.

every state that's still illegal should adapt Colorado's fun and discreet nonchalant toys...instead of clam-bakin and ridge runnin like it's frickin amateur hour. it's like a fart in a phone booth...there's just no playin it off.

From what I here in Europe they also mix hash with tabacco and smoke it.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

true. as an aside...their marlboros taste completely different, burn down to nothing (no idiots threatening lawsuits for burning down their homes smoking in bed -- so no chemical that makes it burn out after 30 seconds), and smoke and taste awesome.

for cigarettes.

A better question would be how many of you have gotten stoned on a job that pays 5 mill for 4 years? I'm gunna guess 0.

Ask Jim Irsay...

Ask Jim Irsay...

He doesn't post here and that's who our questions were meant for. He is a "Billionaire" who hasn't affected his team the way Josh has. He won't get in any trouble once it's all done, his team will still be the same and he will still be a billionaire. Even if he would've done time he would've had people running the show. He also didn't get caught from a failed pee test. He is a dumbass though... I'm over the whole thing already, i was a Flash fan and hope this shit works out. My hopes for this year are kinda shot though until we all know whats going to happen. Was a real buzzkill. If it all works out and he's still a Brown when it's all said and done, i really hope he smartens up and drops the drugs at least until he retires.

I would like to see Jim held to a higher standard though. He's going to get fined 100,000 grand then nothing. If the NBA proved anything, be tough on your owners when they deserve it. Owners are just as public of figures as the players and this isn't Jims first time in hot water. Wouldn't he be in level 2 by now himself? I say bann him from his own building and any games for 4 weeks and fine him. But when you fine him, figure out his yearly profit from owning the team, and take a quarter of it. Put that money into educating the players on how to not fuck up.

I call bullshit on it being a simple mistake that he smoked weed. Gordon knew he was on thin ice, and was fully aware that smoking it even one time might get him suspended for a year. Stupid. And if for some reason it somehow miraculously slipped his mind when the joint was passed? Stupid. But really that's BS. Not only are you making millions, but being suspended for one year is a long time when talking in the context of a player's NFL career.

It might be a stupid NFL rule, and he obviously thinks it's a stupid rule, but he chose a very poor way to protest that belief, IMO. Didn't do a damn thing except hurt himself, his team and his fans.

I wonder if the test showed a slight reference to dope, which he could get

by being at a party where other idiots smoked it?

Or not. Is there a difference between being a guest for dinner, say, at a friend's

house where it was smoked, that level, and actually smoking it yourself?

Or more like "pass/fail" regardless of degree of exposure?

Or not. Is there a difference between being a guest for dinner, say, at a friend's

I'm pretty sure it will just show up as a pass/fail.

I'm not sure about that. Unless the NFL has some sort of high-tech testing to pick up traces, if there is even such a thing? I've been around people's second hand smoke and worked at a job for more than 5 years that regularly did piss and hair testing on all its employees. Nothing ever came up.

Actually they probably smelled it before they picked up Hawkins.

Also Watkins is a pothead too.

Plus there are at least two or three excellent receivers coming up this round.

WSS

I would truly venture that over 50% of the league smokes pot.

I would truly venture that over 50% of the league smokes pot.

So in your opinion only the Cleveland Browns (and maybe 15 other teams) are tested....

And just for you guys who are crying because you think weed is cool, fine. I don't doubt that most people can do whatever the hell they do at least okay while smoking weed. But it still against the law. I figure a lot of guys can drive a vehicle reasonably well when they're drunk. So if my surgeon gets a DUI then blows of an operation because he's in the drunk tank is it cool?

WSS

Just because he tested positive for marijuana doesnt mean he was walking around high all the time. One toke is in the system for three months. My bet is he was blindsided by the test because you can easily clean up the pee if you have the time.

You have to remember that Josh was in Hawaii and all that. Probably a Probowl celebration bowl and then got popped.

NFL rules say that marijuana is illegal. Do it and pay the price. Do it enough and get kicked out of their league. Period. End of story. End of discussion. He knew the ramifications (unless he was stoned when he was told about them).

Some of you guys sound like the guys that your woman cheats on you and you say okay it happened only once. Then It happens again and you let it slide. Then you come home and she is having an orgy and you are okay with it. Get out of here.

And some of YOU GUYS make it seem like he been taking performance enhancing drugs and paying players to hurt other players intentionally. You get the fuck out of here. What the guy does on his own time and his own dime during the off-season should be nobodies business. Get off Josh's dick and let the fucking kid play the game that he was born to play, weed or no weed. This is 2014, time to grow the fuck up you control freaks.

And some of YOU GUYS make it seem like he been taking performance enhancing drugs and paying players to hurt other players intentionally. You get the fuck out of here. What the guy does on his own time and his own dime during the off-season should be nobodies business. Get off Josh's dick and let the fucking kid play the game that he was born to play, weed or no weed. This is 2014, time to grow the fuck up you control freaks.

Go ahead and take a trip to New York and the league office and try to sell that shit to the league and see how far you get.

The league has rules (whether their right or wrong rules) and he knew the rules and if he broke them, he deserves the punishment that comes with it.

PoeticG come on man there are rules in life like it or not. Getting caught doing shit that is against the rules results in penaly, its the reality to deal with. What he does during the off season on his own time DOES matter and it is the leagues business. Why? Because the players union and the group of players elected to represent them agreed it is. They have agreed to the rules and its the contingency of getting paid those fat checks. He needs to grow up , take responsiblity or get the fuck out.

Bottom line. he fucked up. should be more responsible like all the professional athletes in the world in all sports. He can smoke his pot but dude come one. Don't give me. it was prescription shit.

No one person can be this dense on accident, so I am now positive you are nothing more than an attention seeking troll. For the last time, and this time I'll type S L O W L Y so I don't lose you:

Your newest butt buddy broke a rule, irregardless of WHAT THE FUCK THAT RULE IS, and in doing so, if found guilty, is subject to a year long suspension. He was fully aware of these consequences when he knowingly and willingly broke the rule.

I don't know how to speak in phonics, but even if I did, I doubt you have the intelligence to understand the above information regardless of how I spell it out for you........... I know, maybe I'll try hand puppets next time. Fucktard.

No one person can be this dense on accident, so I am now positive you are nothing more than an attention seeking troll. For the last time, and this time I'll type S L O W L Y so I don't lose you:

Your newest butt buddy broke a rule, irregardless of WHAT THE FUCK THAT RULE IS, and in doing so, if found guilty, is subject to a year long suspension. He was fully aware of these consequences when he knowing and willingly broke the rule.

I don't know how to speak phonics, but even if I did, I doubt you have the intelligence to understand the above information regardless of how I spell it out for you........... I know, maybe I'll try hand puppets next time. Fucktard.

You were actually speaking phonics. Phonics is just the different sounds of letters when grouped together to create different words. Teachered bitches.

You were actually speaking phonics. Phonics is just the different sounds of letters when grouped together to create different words. Teachered bitches.

If I ever become a teacher I'm ending every class with that line.

I will also be looking for a new profession the next day but it would be so worth it.

Smart ass ;)

First off, I think it is ridiculous that any athlete can be suspended for smoking weed.

HOWEVER,

When you sign an NFL contract, you are effectively checking the box that says "I hereby accept the terms and

conditions of the NFL...etc., etc., etc." One of the terms and conditions is that you don't get to smoke weed or whatever

else the NFL says you are not allowed to do. Period. End of story. Develop a serious drinking habit, get high on life,

inhale nitrous, whatever. But if it shows up in a piss test, find another way to alter your reality.

Bottom line, dude needs to pull his head out of his ass and grow up. Need incentive? Look at Joe Haden's new contract.

It's sad that the NFL welcomes and embraces an openly gay player for the first time ever just as it's debating on how long to suspend a player that smokes a little weed. All I can say is... what the fuck? This needs fixed and changed immediately, the hopes of all Browns Fans(and new Browns Fans) are on the line with the Josh Gordon ruling.

If. And I say IF! If, Josh intentionally dropped a bad UA in order to bring about CHANGE in the NFL culture, and he's a high enough profile player to do so... Man, I love the kid even more for the balls it would take to do so. I'm not saying it's as big as Rosa Parks, I'm just sayin.

It's sad that the NFL welcomes and embraces an openly gay player for the first time ever just as it's debating on how long to suspend a player that smokes a little weed. All I can say is... what the fuck? This needs fixed and changed immediately, the hopes of all Browns Fans(and new Browns Fans) are on the line with the Josh Gordon ruling.

If. And I say IF! If, Josh intentionally dropped a bad UA in order to bring about CHANGE in the NFL culture, and he's a high enough profile player to do so... Man, I love the kid even more for the balls it would take to do so. I'm not saying it's as big as Rosa Parks, I'm just sayin.

Ok so I could almost wrap my head around your first paragraph, I stress ALMOST. The second one puts you out there on that delusional plane you seem to exist in most of the time. You have got to be fucking kidding me if you think Josh smoked some weed to drive change in the NFL!! I mean comeon man when does the delusion end???

It's sad that the NFL welcomes and embraces an openly gay player for the first time ever just as it's debating on how long to suspend a player that smokes a little weed. All I can say is... what the fuck? This needs fixed and changed immediately, the hopes of all Browns Fans(and new Browns Fans) are on the line with the Josh Gordon ruling.If. And I say IF! If, Josh intentionally dropped a bad UA in order to bring about CHANGE in the NFL culture, and he's a high enough profile player to do so... Man, I love the kid even more for the balls it would take to do so. I'm not saying it's as big as Rosa Parks, I'm just sayin.

Looks like the NFL is changing, but too late to help Josh Gordon:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10927282/renegotiation-nfl-drug-policy-reduce-marijuana-punishments

New policy will change pot discipline

Updated: May 13, 2014, 3:58 PM ET

By Dan Graziano

It would be too late to help Josh Gordon, Will Hill or anyone else in danger of lengthy suspensions for violations of current rules. But when and if the NFL's new drug policy is finalized and announced, it will include changes specific to marijuana and other drugs of abuse.

A source told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the renegotiation of the drug policy, which has been going on since 2011 and includes testing for HGH, also will significantly increase the threshold for a positive marijuana test and reduce the punishments for violations involving that drug.

The source said the NFL's policy on marijuana is outdated, pointing out that WADA has a higher threshold for a positive test than the NFL currently does, and in need of updating.

The NFLPA has expressed to the league an interest in studying the medical research that has led to the legalization of marijuana in many states for medicinal use, but it believes changes were needed in the meantime regardless.

What's holding up the implementation and announcement of changes to the league's drug policy is a continued standoff over arbitration of discipline. In cases of non-analytical positives (i.e., an Alex Rodriguez type of case in which a player is found in violation of the drug policy by some method other than a failed test) or in cases of violations of law (i.e., hypothetically, a player got caught trying to smuggle prescription drugs across the Canadian border), the NFLPA has asked that discipline appeals be heard by an independent arbitrator.

The NFL has continued to insist that the commissioner have final say over discipline matters.

It's the same hangup that was addressed last week by union president Eric Winston, who said of commissioner Roger Goodell on the issue of HGH testing, "He wants to hold all the cards and he wants to be the judge, jury and executioner, and we're not going to go for an un-American system like that."

In response to the union's claims, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello e-mailed the following last week to ESPN: "It's kind of funny because since 2011 the union has come up with one excuse after another to avoid implementing an agreement to test for HGH. First, it was the testing method; then it was the population study; now it's commissioner authority. Our commitment to testing is clear. The same cannot be said of the union."

The dispute over arbitration, it turns out, is holding up more than just HGH testing. There are widespread changes to the NFL's drug policy that these two sides have negotiated and are waiting to implement once they can reach agreement on the administration of discipline.

Ok so I could almost wrap my head around your first paragraph, I stress ALMOST. The second one puts you out there on that delusional plane you seem to exist in most of the time. You have got to be fucking kidding me if you think Josh smoked some weed to drive change in the NFL!! I mean comeon man when does the delusion end???

^_^ - Yo, I'm me. I'm good with it. I embrace it. Every where I go dey be like, you soo CraZy.

Archived