THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns take Bitonio OT at 35

GuNNerGatSKi

I think we need the pieces to install shanahans offense. I dont think the browns believe we have the O-Line necessary to run the zone blocking run scheme that we are going to run. They probably just have OL higher on the draft board than WR with or without gordon for that reason. My guess is that we take receiver with the next pick, farmer has been brilliant thus far and at least im not totally confused/frustrated by Cleveland draft picks.

Go Browns!

I like it. We might actually be able to run the ball now.

You guys thin Abberderis will be there at #71?

Might have been me. He was a guy that some said could fall because hes smaller than most at the position. I thought he was perfect for what it appears we want to do. I heard the texans take Sua Filo and was disappointed. Looking at it now, Bitonio may provide us more improvement that Filo would have.

Somebody started pumping up Bitonio in here about a month ago.

I mentioned him. I just had just read he was a freak, and had a good senior bowl. I still think Post GordonGate we needed a WR, but this should make for a nasty oline!!

Great pick. Fills huge hole. Macks replacement near future.

Polian was saying he will end up as a All-Pro Center... Apparently Polian's kid coached him.

You guys thin Abberderis will be there at #71?

Yes... and unless a real WR run starts soon, so will a number of other WRs, e.g., Bryant.

Somebody started pumping up Bitonio in here about a month ago.

Yup... About the same time McShay started talking him up. I had not given him a look up till then.

I like the pick.

He'll be RT, Schwartz will move inside. This guy is better than Schwartz.

I don't think so. He projects better at guard plus Schwartz isn't a good fit to play guard himself. Along with that we have more holes at guard. After Greco who is the current starting guard on the Browns?

So a UDFA, 7th round pick, and a guy who came back from a blood clot last year.

I think our best bet for Schwartz to get replaced or just simply have a solid season from someone pushing for his spot is Faulk.

Schwartz wasn't the issue ... He had to pick up the slack for Cousins who was AWFUL, then Lava came back, and he wasn't much better.

Now, with Bitonio, Gilkey, Faulk, there is the potential for some interchangeable flexibility. We shall see.

I don't think so. He projects better at guard plus Schwartz isn't a good fit to play guard himself. Along with that we have more holes at guard. After Greco who is the current starting guard on the Browns?

I never liked the idea of Schwartz moving to guard myself, I think he's too soft for the inside. Seemed like he was constantly getting pushed around. I like the Bitonio pick, he seems like one mean mofo.

Archived