THE BROWNS BOARD

WR help ... Crabtree or Roddy White?

LBC mike

I think most of us were looking for us to pick up a WR at some point during the draft. Well, the news of Gordon and pizza grabber seemed to highlight that need. FO is not too concerned so just have to have some faith. What recievers are going to go on to be undrafted. I do not watch a lot of college ball and looking for some insight. I am sure Farmer and Co. have a plan. Just curious if they are going to a small school type that no one has heard of. Possible a stud from the CFL?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure Farmer will have something up his sleeve. someone will emerge from camp who was an UDFA. Funny how the media is call us doom and gloom now because of the Gordon thing.

Street just went to the Cowboys

Just saw that...

Not going to upset with missing anyone from here on out...

^famous last words...

Depends on what the pick would be, or player. Who could be trade, what pick are they worth. I think Crabtree could be had for a value since there seems to be little chance of him resigning with the 49ers next season, but I wouldn't do the trade unless he agreed to signing a deal right off the bat. Roddy White is old but a solid WR still. Considering his age I wouldn't give up a lot.

Having said all this, I think it is a bunch of noise at this point. I don't think the Browns are taking a lot of time to field trade calls for players with the draft still on and them trying to target UDFA players.

Dunno HB... we project to have an excess at a couple D positions. Might include an expendable that SF or ATL covets.

Even if we only rent Crabtree for a year we have that extra #1 next, if JG does not return.

A few calls now... more tonite/ tomorrow... strike the balance between inquisitive and desperate.

With some of SF's issues on the DL(notably Smith), they may be willing to deal Crabtree. Just one of a number of possibilities, including players we may already have who were either not utilized or not utilized correctly. I am just so impressed that we didn't panic & throw OUR draft into turmoil because of the Gordon ordeal.

All this stuff just makes me more confident in Farmer & Pettine. We'll see what happens. I have always enjoyed seeing what happens with UDFA, my favorite part of the player acquisition "season".

Mike

With some of SF's issues on the DL(notably Smith), they may be willing to deal Crabtree. Just one of a number of possibilities, including players we may already have who were either not utilized or not utilized correctly. I am just so impressed that we didn't panic & throw OUR draft into turmoil because of the Gordon ordeal.

All this stuff just makes me more confident in Farmer & Pettine. We'll see what happens. I have always enjoyed seeing what happens with UDFA, my favorite part of the player acquisition "season".

Mike

I haven't looked lately, but aren't the 49er's a bit tight on Cap $ ?

I'm thinking that's one of the reasons we landed Whitner, plus they're still dealing with Kapernick.

I haven't looked lately, but aren't the 49er's a bit tight on Cap $ ?

I'm thinking that's one of the reasons we landed Whitner, plus they're still dealing with Kapernick.

Yes which is why I think they would deal Crabtree for cheap. They could get a pick for him before they let him walk, plus they might want to get rid of him to make some cap space room this year. They need to sign their draft picks and UDFA but the Stevie Johnson trade takes up most of what remains of their space. We likely wouldn't be able to trade a player to them unless they cut some people loose.

For referance from what it is saying on ninersnation.com (the dawgsbynature.com of the 49ers) they are saying the 49ers have around 3.9 million in space, but Johnson is owed 3.6 million this yearin base and just under 300K in workout bonuses, so he takes ALL of their Space.

It doesn't help that they are still paying for AJ. Jenkins 1.5 million bonus.

Archived