THE BROWNS BOARD

WR help ... Crabtree or Roddy White?

LBC mike

Im just gonna take a shot in the dark and predict that Green Bay cuts someone loose. Picked up a couple receivers in the draft and are tight on cap space if I remember right. I wouldn't mind taking Nelson off their books for the right pick. No basis for this, pure speculation. Even if Gordon stays on the roster, Nelson would be a solid number 2, even with his recurring injuries.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Larry Fitzgerald? The cardinals owe him 23 mil this year, but if they cut him or trade him they save 9 mil.

If we can get him for the right price, he would be just what the Dr ordered. He would cost us 8 mil the first year but the price would jump up to 17 the following 3 years. We could afford it and he is 30 years old so he has 2 or 3 more productive season left.

I wouldn't give more than a mid round pick (for Crabtree).

Why restrict the trade convo to a future draft pick? We have defensive depth that can be leveraged.

Not that SF needs D now, but who knows down the road.

This could be a long process...

What about Larry Fitzgerald? The cardinals owe him 23 mil this year, but if they cut him or trade him they save 9 mil.

If we can get him for the right price, he would be just what the Dr ordered. He would cost us 8 mil the first year but the price would jump up to 17 the following 3 years. We could afford it and he is 30 years old so he has 2 or 3 more productive season left.

Just to keep this interesting, what do you guys think is fair compensation for him?

Why restrict the trade convo to a future draft pick? We have defensive depth that can be leveraged.

Not that SF needs D now, but who knows down the road.

This could be a long process...

You have to restrict it to draft picks with the 49ers cause they don't have any cap room.

Much less than they'd be after, I'm sure.

I am just curious, because people are throwing out ridiculous offers to me for Roddy White and Andre Johnson (3rd and 4th round picks). Larry Fitzgerald is better than both of them, so was just curious what people wanted to give the Cardinals for him. IF teams were going to be making trades for draft picks, its usually right before the draft so they can capitalize on the draft picks, not after.

I am just curious, because people are throwing out ridiculous offers to me for Roddy White and Andre Johnson (3rd and 4th round picks). Larry Fitzgerald is better than both of them, so was just curious what people wanted to give the Cardinals for him. IF teams were going to be making trades for draft picks, its usually right before the draft so they can capitalize on the draft picks, not after.

Players are traded for picks all through the year. The Stevie Johnson trade was one that happened during the draft, but it was exclusively for pick in the 2015 draft.

There's always a few good players available after OTA's and cuts and I think Farmer knows that. It sounds like they are waiting (and hoping I imagine) the Gordan supsension is reversed or part of the season. There's also a lot of teams out there that show you don't need a dominant #1 to be competitive in the NFL.

Players are traded for picks all through the year. The Stevie Johnson trade was one that happened during the draft, but it was exclusively for pick in the 2015 draft.

Yes players are traded for picks all through the year, but the value trades that people are talking about are done prior to a draft. Example: 2012- Chicago trade pick 73 (3rd round) and 3rd round in 2013 for Brandon Marshall. This was done on March 14th, the draft was end of April. There are plenty more examples of this, but that is just one. Of course people are traded for picks throughout the year, but teams want to get those picks right before the draft to use on prospects to bring into their team.

Come on man, that really isn't rocket science

Archived