THE BROWNS BOARD

WR help ... Crabtree or Roddy White?

LBC mike

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheard is still on his rookie deal which would be doable for the 49ers.. Not a suggestion, just an example of what COULD be an option..

Mike

I seen 1 or 2 tweets last night from journalists saying we are looking at trading for Michael Crabtree and Roddy White ....any buzz in Cleveland on these rumors ?

I haven't heard anything either. I highly doubt any trade is made until AFTER we have rookie mini camp. The FO is going to want to see who is worth keeping from the rookie stock before it clears to room it needs to trade for a player. That is unless the trade includes us trading away a play, in which case news could start speeding up on this issue.

However, without any Browns beat writters picking this up, I feel it is just more local speculation in San Fan and Atlanta at this point.

heres the problem all teams now will try up there price being they know we need a reciever bad

I don't think so. Value is value and if teams are looking to move a WR, they will move them for what they think is fair value. In Crabtree's situation, the team is not out of cap room and they really have no hope of resigning him after the season. Given that he only really has mid level production and has injury concerns, I would have to think that the 49ers wouldn't be able to net anything more than a 3rd round pick for him. They are going to want to get something for him instead of letting him walk, and that can work towards OUR advantage in any possible trade talks.

What would we have to give up for Crabtree?

I could see using that 2015 6th we got from Baltimore to pick up either Crabtree or White. We won't be trading any players until we closer to the cut dates...

Either way, a trade like this might not happen for a while, but it is the type of move we need to make to bring in a vet WR that can "act like" our WR1 this season just as a stop-gap.

No, not even close with the 6th with Roddy White. I doubt the 4th from Buffalo would get it done. Roddy White is a good WR. I would give up a 3rd for him in a heartbeat

Here are some stats for Roddy White. Just took them off ESPN.

In 13 games last year, 63 catches for 711 yards and 3 TD's. That was also with Julio Jones so no threat on other side

In 16 games in 2012, 92 catches for 1351 yards and 7 TD's.

In 141 Career games, 685 catches for 9436 yards and 55 TD's. That would average out to 68 catches for 943 yards and 5 TD's.

If he can have that kind of year, that for sure warrants a 3rd or 4th round pick if ATL is trying to trade him. Doesn't replace Gordon, but about the best we can hope for.

Well think of it this way HB, even considering his age. I would say he would still have a good 3-4 years left. I do think he can still produce at a high level. He may not put up 2012 numbers, depends on the other receiver across from him AND the QB throwing to him. But who would you rather have at this point, Roddy White or one of the following (3- Josh Huff, Donte Moncrief, John Brown;4- Jalen Saunders, Bruce Ellington, Shaq Evans, Martavis Bryant, Kevin Norwood or so on). I know what my answer would be at this point. Maybe one of those comes out and becomes the next Roddy White or better, but I would go with the proven commodity who is still producing. This team has a chance to be special, and remember, this FO passed on every single one of these guys already.

Well think of it this way HB, even considering his age. I would say he would still have a good 3-4 years left. I do think he can still produce at a high level. He may not put up 2012 numbers, depends on the other receiver across from him AND the QB throwing to him. But who would you rather have at this point, Roddy White or one of the following (3- Josh Huff, Donte Moncrief, John Brown;4- Jalen Saunders, Bruce Ellington, Shaq Evans, Martavis Bryant, Kevin Norwood or so on). I know what my answer would be at this point. Maybe one of those comes out and becomes the next Roddy White or better, but I would go with the proven commodity who is still producing. This team has a chance to be special, and remember, this FO passed on every single one of these guys already.

At this point my thought process isn't between him or them. It's between him and Crabtree

Wasn't Mike Wallace on the trade block earlier in the off-season? It seems crazy that they would trade him after 1 year, but it is the dolphins

Wallace would be a good pickup, but only if there was a prearranged agreement that his contract would be restructured. Not worth that kind of money.

Mike Wallace - I give the Dolphins a 3rd round pick and re-negoitate his contract.

Michael Crabtree - See above.

Andre Johnson - I'd give up a 4th

Roddy White - I'd give up a 3rd

MIles Austin and Holmes are probably cashed at this point.

Well I don't know where all of these names are coming from, but I don't think that any of them can be had for what is being said. We need to look at what the market is. We just saw Stevie Johnson get traded to the 49ers for a 4th round pick. STEVIE JOHNSON. Do you really think that Andre Johnson can be had for the same? Are we talking about the same Andre Johnson that is going to be a potential HOF? I know he is 32, but he also had over 1400 yards last season lol and you think a 4th can get him? What are you smoking? Like I said I would give up 3rd in a heartbeat for Roddy White. I would give up a 2 of them for him, do the same for Andre Johnson. I would gladly give up a 2nd for them.

If you wouldn't rather have either one of them on this team over a Marquis Lee or anyone of the other 2nd round drafted WR's then I dont know what you are seeing.

So is somebody under the impression that there is an all-pro wide receiver in round six seven or undrafted? Really?

I think they've known about this for a while and are happy Enough with Hawkins and Cooper.

WSS

It has happened that a Pro Bowl caliber WR can be obtained as a UDFA. Like a Victor Cruz.

Browns do have some UDFA starters on this team. The Little Gipper for one. I believe Ben Tate was a UDFA, Craig Robertson

I could see using that 2015 6th we got from Baltimore to pick up either Crabtree or White. We won't be trading any players until we closer to the cut dates...

Either way, a trade like this might not happen for a while, but it is the type of move we need to make to bring in a vet WR that can "act like" our WR1 this season just as a stop-gap.

If Ray Farmer can pull off trading a 6th for either of those players he can likely walk on water as well.

I am going out on a limb and predicting we talk to the Giants about Rueben Randle. They brought in Beckham, are pretty deep at WR and I think its possible the would move him. I will get shit for this other one but I would like to look on the cheap at Ramses Barden who I think is now on cheap retainer with the Bills.

Archived