THE BROWNS BOARD

Connor Shaw

Was I just told that without rulers one would have no rights? Ironically this is correct as rights are simply semantical unicorns that rulers give their sheep to represent a roi worthy of Being enslaved

The fed doesn't give me freedom of speech simply because it hasn't completely taken it away from me.... Yet.

The concept of rights is something invented by rulers.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mega man has a cannon for an arm.

Afraid to ask, who is mega man? I got to assume it's Johnny Scramble.

Mega man has a cannon for an arm.

http://media.photobucket.com/user/jcwainc/media/MegaMan2.jpg.html?filters[term]=mega%20man&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=2

That was pretty good.

Old school Nintendo character. He literally had a cannon for an arm. Pretty good game too for it's time.

Hahaha!! That is pretty funny. I thought it was another Johnny The Great comparison.

Shaw was not my favorite qb at south cackalacka until Spurrier got him to stop that stupid heads first shit and consider throwing the ball, as an option, lol!

To Shaw's credit, he figured that out.

Now, as someone who could give a shiny rat's ass about Cleveland, you got an interesting ufa.

Like many here have said, we'll see.

Personally, i think you should have traded up for Bortles (kidding), but Shaw is better than Mettenberger or Murray, so you got a good deal.

Movie references to Tropic Thunder and South Park were appreciated.

Never go full Retard and consider that Satan as your qb would be on tv kissing Saddam

I'll weigh-in with an unbiased opinion (seriously?).

Born and raised in SC, graduated from USC, been living in TX for a while (grad school, etc.) and I'm a long-time Browns fan (very long story).

We LOVE Shaw - no kidding, right? He's a team-first guy, never ever will have off-field issues, and he's a coach's son who's spent the last four years up Spurrier's ass as a film room junkie. Having JFF's every move make the news here in TX, I do not get the same impression, to say the least. Ah....but those aren't measurables, so you guys don't care.

So, let's talk measurables - starting with Shaw's superior numbers at the Combine. The same Combine where he had the sack to throw, unlike JFF. The win-loss record, td-int ratio, etc. all speaks for itself Oh, and here's a REAL big one. Shaw did it behind a very avg line - unlike JFF who did it with 1st Rd tackles protecting him. And let's not forget the jump balls JFF threw up to Mike Jones - those weren't exactly precision passes sometimes. I digress.

Furthermore, Shaw only really had one QB year in HS, he was a WR prior since his brother (who played at Georgia Tech) was the QB. Point is, though durability is definitely an issue, he's pretty athletic and can run (did I already mention he's faster than JFF?).

Now, all that said, does he improvise or make plays in the open field the way JFF does - definitely not. But, welcome to the NFL, young John Football, that isn't going to work here anyway.

Last point - I gathered my opinion from literally watching every game snap Shaw has taken and many, many of the same from Manziel. If you are basing your opinion off Mayock, Kiper, and McShay you're being terribly short-sighted.

May the best man win (which is Hoyer, in my opinion at this point). Go Browns!

Page 14 and mostly about social issues surrounding Texas...

Someone even linked SEC record books to make a point about JFootball. Relevant, right?

CShaw career in SEC:

#5 completion % http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/sec/leaders/pass-cmp-pct-player-career.html

#7 rating http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/sec/leaders/pass-rating-player-career.html

#7 yards/attempt http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/sec/leaders/adj-pass-yds-per-att-player-career.html

#18 in total TDs.

Manziel had better numbers but those acquainted with SEC football understand the scheme and program differences. That is not to say Shaw is better - JF was the best qb in college the past two years.

Going to be interesting to see how the browns make these 3-4 qbs work for the coming season.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 1h

#browns undrafted free agent rookie I've been most impressed with:

former SC quarterback Connor Shaw. Nice offseason.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 1h
#browns undrafted free agent rookie I've been most impressed with:
former SC quarterback Connor Shaw. Nice offseason.

the sea hag does have a type. wasn't she in love with brady quinn too? (not comparing athletic skills).

she's like a little kid with a sweet tooth in the candy shop covering the browns.

on a serious note, i hope the kid can stick around somehow. don't know how it works but we seriously can't have 4 QBs on active roster, can we?

on a serious note, i hope the kid can stick around somehow. don't know how it works but we seriously can't have 4 QBs on active roster, can we?

Don't see how, so assuming we see something in both Thigpen and Shaw it becomes a game of "who can get thru waivers". I would guess Thigpen.

Don't see how, so assuming we see something in both Thigpen and Shaw it becomes a game of "who can get thru waivers". I would guess Thigpen.

So keep Shaw on the roster and cut Thigpen?

So keep Shaw on the roster and cut Thigpen?

I forgot about PS eligibility rules, but all else being equal, I would still go with the younger player, especially since we are talking about the #3 QB position.

Fortunately we still have a ways to go to see whether all else is indeed equal.

If I go by only what I have personally seen, and not what someone else has told me, then I would pick Connor Shaw before Johhny Scramble. Now before some of you more "enthusiastic" JS zealots call me all sorts of names, (I'm sure you still will, the line forms in back) let me clarify. I, in my entire life, have only seen 1 JS game, and in that game, he didn't impress me in any way, shape or form. I have also seen the exact same amount of Connor Shaw as well, and in that game, he looked like the next Joe Montana and Brett Favre all rolled into one.

If I go by only what I have personally seen, and not what someone else has told me, then I would pick Connor Shaw before Johhny Scramble. Now before some of you more "enthusiastic" JS zealots call me all sorts of names, (I'm sure you still will, the line forms in back) let me clarify. I, in my entire life, have only seen 1 JS game, and in that game, he didn't impress me in any way, shape or form. I have also seen the exact same amount of Connor Shaw as well, and in that game, he looked like the next Joe Montana and Brett Favre all rolled into one.

I hope you're not a scientist.

Archived