THE BROWNS BOARD

OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing)

darubes

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Browns Board: The home of the bitter old men with no football knowledge or insight.

...and one drama queen with a Jesus complex...

Way to inspire confidence you alleged "Browns fan"

So you are simply here to inspire us?

Yes....that's his job. He really deserves no praise for doing his job.

After watching the last two year of Weeden...it's obvious that he never did his job. Can't name one game he actually went out there and looked prepared. Since we haven't seen Johnny actually play it's unfair to say that he's not capable. He's doing and saying the right things so far so leave him to his devices. I'd be good with him not playing at all this year but if he earns it; let him do his thing. Might be the 49er's scenario from a couple of years ago...Hoyer may get us going and then he gets injured and Johnny comes in a gets us to the Super Bowl...you never know. Teddy also has AP..so I can see why Zimmer is a little more comfortable with putting him in with the 1's. Johnny has some adjusting to do and it's jacked up to call him trash when he hasn't done anything to deserve that from us fans.

With the extra attention to the wide receiver position l wondered if there were any stories or information available on how they did in the OTAs, but l haven't seen much. Looking here and elsewhere l saw the new guy from Dallas didn't participate, Armstrong dropped a ball, and Gordon caught everything thrown his way, which may or may not be ironic.

Has there been any reports on how they did? Maybe a feel good story about one of the undrafted guys or something?

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot:

#browns cb justin Gilbert limped off field in OTAs, sitting on ground with right knee wrapped. No word yet.

#browns cb justin Gilbert up walking around on sidelines on wrapped right knee.

#browns cb justin Gilbert has the ice-pack off his right knee but still on sidelines.

One thing you newbie JFF fans might not know...at A&M the center called out the protection.

So I would think that is a big thing JFF will need to get used to.

Most hardcore Aggie fans know this. And Johnny has alluded to it in many interviews. He's actually excited about. Even if he saw something at A&M he couldn't change protection coverage.

It was a matter of time. The word is that he does not know the whole playbook .

He will learn it. It's been what 20 days since he was drafted?

Most hardcore Aggie fans know this. And Johnny has alluded to it in many interviews. He's actually excited about. Even if he saw something at A&M he couldn't change protection coverage.

He will learn it. It's been what 20 days since he was drafted?

With a new coach, etc. I don't think any players know it fully yet.

Johnny worked with two different centers his two years there, an experienced senior and a redshirt soph (Mathews' little brother also son of Bruce). He had a very good working relationship with them both which i am sure he will develop with his new center. Line calls will be mutually agreed upon and understood before he plays his first game, whenever that may be.

#browns cb justin Gilbert limped off field in OTAs, sitting on ground with right knee wrapped. No word yet.
#browns cb justin Gilbert up walking around on sidelines on wrapped right knee.
#browns cb justin Gilbert has the ice-pack off his right knee but still on sidelines.

As long as he can walk on it, I think he will be fine.

Archived